Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tetons are my favorite place on earth...and as much as I do love the Blue Ridge/Smoky Mountains, I totally 100% disagree..my heart belongs to the great western vistas...nothing holds a candle to them to me.
Right now we’re in Moab, UT. Been to several beautiful places and national parks in NM, AZ, CO, and now UT on this dream trip.

The variety and the number of beautiful places are what’s amazing to me. A few, like Sedona and Arches, just seem like another planet. But I’m not sure I’m ready to say any one place is more beautiful than the Smokies/BRP.

I thought it was entertaining but not high end story telling. Shallow, one dimensional characters, characters, cliché dialog, no nuance or subtlety. Everyone recommended it, so I broke my no anime rule for it. Just so young adult/juvenile, don't get the hype.

Edit but I am curious to hear from a connoisseur as to why it's so highly regarded.

Did your eyes see that mind blowing animation throughout the series? Just curious. Other than that it's intended audience is young adult, that's the type of anime it is. It's a simple story, you're just supposed to relax and to along with the main character. That's shonen anime in a nutshell.

We are so far behind. We don't even know if we are going to beat Pitt this year. That's where we are. We're hoping we can beat SC, Mizzou, and KY. We aren't even thinking about the big 3. Though we have hope, we don't know if Heup can dig us out of this hole. We hope he can, but we don't know that he can. Recruiting is terrible. That isn't Heup's fault. It's a miracle that he has the QB in this class that he has with everything going on and recruits being told we're getting the death penalty. But even if we didn't have this stuff going on, yes, we would recruit top 15 easily, but GA and Alabama will have more 5 stars in one recruiting class than we'll have in 4 combined.

TN will be back one day because it is impossible to kill a program with this much tradition and financial commitment, but it's a long, long road. And it's already been 15 years.
We are not that far behind...... There are only two rosters in the SEC that are loaded and that is Bama and Georgia. It’s true..... we don’t know a lot of things but why worry about unknowns..... Here is the facts that we know:
1. We will have an exciting offense
2. JH has always had a competent qb
3. Win or lose his teams are always fun
4. Rodney Garner is one of the best DL/recruiters in the country
5. Willie Martinez put several DBs in the NFL
6. DW has proven to be one of the top AD’s in the country and is great at selling his programs
As for recruiting..... we won’t know what this class looks like for awhile..... even then we don’t know if guys are rated correctly due to covid.....we just have to sign solid football players that stay in the program with very few complete misses. We are just now allowed to get our first players on campus.

We are not that far behind...... There are only two rosters in the SEC that are loaded and that is Bama and Georgia. It’s true..... we don’t know a lot of things but why worry about unknowns..... Here is the facts that we know:
1. We will have an exciting offense
2. JH has always had a competent qb
3. Win or lose his teams are always fun
4. Rodney Garner is one of the best DL/recruiters in the country
5. Willie Martinez put several DBs in the NFL
6. DW has proven to be one of the top AD’s in the country and is great at selling his programs
As for recruiting..... we won’t know what this class looks like for awhile..... even then we don’t know if guys are rated correctly due to covid.....we just have to sign solid football players that stay in the program with very few complete misses. We are just now allowed to get our first players on campus.

Very well said, this can and will be done and we as fans are an important cog that can help or hurt. Our decision.

Right now we’re in Moab, UT. Been to several beautiful places and national parks in NM, AZ, CO, and now UT on this dream trip.

The variety and the number of beautiful places are what’s amazing to me. A few, like Sedona and Arches, just seem like another planet. But I’m not sure I’m ready to say any one place is more beautiful than the Smokies/BRP.
I get that..I just think the austerity and vibrancy of colors, the unreal formations, the majesty of the infinite vistas, the abrupt changes in scenery, flora and fauna at different elevations, and all of that together makes me feel something that is hard for me to describe in words..a kind of melancholy joy.

Not really. LSU is a different breed in college baseball.
While I agree in theory, that LSU athletic department has A LOT of issues in it right now and even the baseball team hasn't been as successful in recent years. And yes I know that they made it to the CWS final series in 2017, but they are about to fire a football coach who won a title 2 years ago so patience isn't their strong suit.

The Tennessee athletic department/football program is a shining example of how PAST success doesn't automatically breed FUTURE success.

ConPT0jQBtDbTYgfANYRFkLx-hIm9mIpI9qEc9xkSnaNDlIRRT6Dl5mR0ZQCD7f8IvPEQXIVv3wynOZgzOvuT9seg0Xr8Hn4LA6ns4DK7pFl
LeBron this morning...........................................

ccQ4I3f.gif

Last edited:
Johnny Manziel claims he made $33,000 for autographs at Texas A&M (yahoo.com)

“If the NCAA wants to take my f***ing 9-4 season away and my Chick-fil-A Bowl against Duke, f***ing blow me,” Manziel said.

They should nail TAMU with some kind of punishment and tell Manziel to blow them.

Not really, but I'm not a fan of his cockiness.
wgas, he was prob worth more than that to TAMU. The NCAA is about to give all and what little power it possesses away to almighty dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back