Natty or Bust for UGA. No more excuses!!

allvolrecruiting

shaynep_media
Time is up for Kirby Smart. This will be his 6th year as the Head Coach and it is entirely his team. When looking at the competition for contenders, there are a lot of question marks. Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama are replacing QBs. Oklahoma still has a bad defense and an inconsistent QB. UNC has a bad defense. Georgia has a great defense with firepower on offense. This is Kirby's final chance to prove that he is an actual great coach or cement the fact that he can not get the most out of his players and develop them for the ultimate goal of a natty and the NFL. He has run out of excuses!!

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Time is up for Kirby Smart. This will be his 6th year as the Head Coach and it is entirely his team. When looking at the competition for contenders, there are a lot of question marks. Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama are replacing QBs. Oklahoma still has a bad defense and an inconsistent QB. UNC has a bad defense. Georgia has a great defense with firepower on offense. This is Kirby's final chance to prove that he is an actual great coach or cement the fact that he can not get the most out of his players and develop them for the ultimate goal of a natty and the NFL. He has run out of excuses!!

Winning a title takes talent and little luck along the way. I agree, though, this is probably Kirby's best shot.

Just as BVS is a real thing for us, the bulldogs have GCS.
Georgia Choke Syndrome
To win it all, they probably have to beat bama at least once possibly twice.

Just as BVS is a real thing for us, the bulldogs have GCS.
Georgia Choke Syndrome
To win it all, they probably have to beat bama at least once possibly twice.
There’s no way they can beat Bama twice. If they can go undefeated during the regular season and lose close in the SEC title game I could see them getting another shot in the CFP. If they somehow beat Bama in the SEC title game I give them zero chance of beating Bama in a CFP championship game. As in none.

Reactions: Wireless1 and 865er
There’s no way they can beat Bama twice. If they can go undefeated during the regular season and lose close in the SEC title game I could see them getting another shot in the CFP. If they somehow beat Bama in the SEC title game I give them zero chance of beating Bama in a CFP championship game. As in none.
The hilarious thing for UGA fans to experience is the unforeseen sequence of events that does them in. Sometimes, like in 2012 and 2018, it is as simple as they couldn't beat Alabama to win the SEC. But not always.

Take both the 2017 and 2019 seasons. If you told Georgia fans before those seasons started that they would win the East and not have to face Alabama in the SECCG, they would have gotten extremely confident and probably thought the national title was theirs. They thought they escaped Alabama in 2017 (and would have if the CFP didn't exist), but ended up having to face them in the final. In 2019, they do escape Alabama but have to face an LSU team with perhaps the greatest college offense of all time, and the game wasn't even close.

Just with any team there is an obvious hurdle that they have to get over. They don't always get over it, but when they do get over it another unforeseen hurdle is there and they can't get over that one.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I do think they are better than they were under Ritch in all parts including talent and coaching but they still have not accomplished more. Irony.

I do think they are better than they were under Ritch in all parts including talent and coaching but they still have not accomplished more. Irony.
They have better talent and defensive coaching. Richt hired Grantham after all. Not sure about offensive coaching. Not much of a sample size for Monken, and Coley certainly wasn't better than Richt.

UGA always seems to lose an unexpected game somewhere along the way. Sometimes it's like the 2017 National Championship game against Bama. Sometimes it's a bonehead call, like Kirby inserting Fields in punt formation on 4 and 11 and then...direct snapping to him in the 2018 SEC Championship. Other times it's just not showing up, such as against Auburn in 2017 and South Carolina in 2019.
Everything seems to be lining up for UGA heading into the 2021 season...and if I were a Dogs fan with their history, I would be very nervous. One loss (especially in the regular season) could torpedo Kirby's best team and bring in more doubters.

Best chance since 1980. and not just cuz everbody else is down. transfer portal is UGA's best friend right now if kirby can keep um outta da jailhouse next 2 months

They open with Clemson. Go back and look at history of Clemson opening or one of their early games with UGA when Clemson was a mediocre program. My prediction? Clemson handles them rather easily and after their opening game UGA is once again out of the National Title game for the season. It's what Richt would have done so Kirby needs to keep their streak alive.

Kirby is his own worst enemy
They’ve got all the talent
He can’t put it all together on game day
Mix in having to beat Bama twice and it’s unlikely
Usually if they beat them once they’ll get beat like a drum by Bama the second time.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
F georgia. Zero respect. Couldnt care less if they win it all, still a trash program with the most petulant, needy fanbase in sports.

Didn't want to leave any ambiguity, after all.

Spoiled, silver spoon, frat boys who think they win simply because of the helmet they wear

Reactions: VolInNW
I hear "this is our year" every year down here. They mean it this time though, especially since those transfers, plus that QBs who couldn't stay at USC!🤣🤣 Daniel's is overrated, he's not impressive, and won't win them the title! Also, Georgia sucks!

Reactions: Wireless1
They open with Clemson. Go back and look at history of Clemson opening or one of their early games with UGA when Clemson was a mediocre program. My prediction? Clemson handles them rather easily and after their opening game UGA is once again out of the National Title game for the season. It's what Richt would have done so Kirby needs to keep their streak alive.

Fair, but losing to Clemson won’t knock them out of the title race.

Win the SEC = playoffs.

Spoiled, silver spoon, frat boys who think they win simply because of the helmet they wear

And then get all butthurt when you don’t congratulate them and reassure them they are the bestest ever. On YOUR TEAM’S board.

Most annoying fanbase in sports. And #2 isn’t even close.

And it is a flat out ugly helmet at that. There are a few awesome helmets in the SEC. uga isn’t one of them.

And then get all butthurt when you don’t congratulate them and reassure them they are the bestest ever. On YOUR TEAM’S board.

Most annoying fanbase in sports. And #2 isn’t even close.

And it is a flat out ugly helmet at that. There are a few awesome helmets in the SEC. uga isn’t one of them.

UGA had to steal their helmet design from Green Bay. They can't even come up with their own thing.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Best chance since 1980. and not just cuz everbody else is down. transfer portal is UGA's best friend right now if kirby can keep um outta da jailhouse next 2 months
You have to admit that your schedule is ridiculously manageable and it does matter that teams are down. You get Arkansas 2 years in a row and a rebuilding Auburn team for the West. You basically have 2 ranked teams on your schedule. If you guys aren’t in the CFP this season I would consider it a failure and that’s not something I just throw around or minimize NY6 bowls. However, you guys have the table set for you and there’s no way you shouldn’t be there, assuming you take care of business in Charlotte.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I hear "this is our year" every year down here. They mean it this time though, especially since those transfers, plus that QBs who couldn't stay at USC!🤣🤣 Daniel's is overrated, he's not impressive, and won't win them the title! Also, Georgia sucks!
Georgia will be able to name their score against us for years to come

I say "this is our year" every year down here. I mean it this time though, especially since those transfers, plus that QB we stole from USC!🤣🤣 Daniel's is great, he's impressive, and will win us the title! Also, Georgia rules!

Come on Joe, we know this is what you want to say. :p:D

Ugh. I wish you Georgia fans would go back to your own board.

reface-2021-02-25-09-05-33-gif.354207

VN Store

Back