Heupel: Vols' suspended players 'earning their way back'

But guys who beat up smaller students, beat their girlfriends, get girls pregnant then force them to get abortions, etc... are OK with you?

If the guy has a pattern of cruelty to animals then maybe you have a case. If he doesn't then get him some counseling and community service. Require him to pay the vet bills and let him earn his way back on the team.

I can't believe how many of you people are willing to exchange the life of an intrinsically valuable human being for a cat.

No one is taking or exchanging his life for that of a cat. He is free to live out his days, play football, get a degree, or whatever he chooses. None of those things have to happen on our dime though if he did this.

No one is taking or exchanging his life for that of a cat. He is free to live out his days, play football, get a degree, or whatever he chooses. None of those things have to happen on our dime though if he did this.
Right. No redemption. No recognition that one day of his life is worth more than that cat. It is ridiculous that you guys are acting this way... and I have always had and liked cats and dogs. If he has a history of torturing animals then that's a problem. If it is a one off then he should not be kicked off the team.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Most hunters tell us that..

I grew up in the woods in a family that hunted religiously. Ol smokey and his bluetick pals tearing apart a racoon that has been shot out of a tree...trust me the coon is suffering...and the hunters are cheering the dogs on.

Shooting a deer? The best shots kill it with in seconds but the vast majority of guys who hunt deer have tales about tracking a deer by the blood its squirting out as it runs after a poor shot has hit it in the shoulder, lung or worst of all gut.
And... they're animals. Not people. Specifically they're food or they're hunted for "sport" but as part of a population control program.

If you're hanging with folks who like to torture animals then that's your thing.

I hit a deer last season that ran off. I hunted in the snow for a couple of hours but couldn't find it. Made me sick. We found it about week later under a cedar tree.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Most hunters tell us that..

I grew up in the woods in a family that hunted religiously. Ol smokey and his bluetick pals tearing apart a racoon that has been shot out of a tree...trust me the coon is suffering...and the hunters are cheering the dogs on.

Shooting a deer? The best shots kill it with in seconds but the vast majority of guys who hunt deer have tales about tracking a deer by the blood its squirting out as it runs after a poor shot has hit it in the shoulder, lung or worst of all gut.
So do you think I need to quit calling my dog a bluetick to a dog of color?

Reactions: jlawso21
Look we just need to not talk about it so we don't give those gumps pups and lizards anymore gas to douse on our dumpster fire.

If he's back. Let's just hope he redeems himself and be happy that we have more LB depth.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
And... they're animals. Not people. Specifically they're food or they're hunted for "sport" but as part of a population control program.

If you're hanging with folks who like to torture animals then that's your thing.

I hit a deer last season that ran off. I hunted in the snow for a couple of hours but couldn't find it. Made me sick. We found it about week later under a cedar tree.

Population control is not why most hunters take up the sport/activity amd also not why most continue hunting most of their lives.

I hate to break the news to ya but most were sick of hearing people whine about their choice of fun and simply came up with nice little catch phrases so those who chow down on a burger and hate killing animals would stfu.

Personally i dont like killing anything but dont think im holier than those that do hunt and fish. But unlike Butchna...if i gotta kill something to eat or feed my family...deer, cows, fish and fowl better have their head on a swivel..
🤓😎

Population control is not why most hunters take up the sport/activity amd also not why most continue hunting most of their lives.

I hate to break the news to ya but most were sick of hearing people whine about their choice of fun and simply came up with nice little catch phrases so those who chow down on a burger and hate killing animals would stfu.

Personally i dont like killing anything but dont think im holier than those that do hunt and fish. But unlike Butchna...if i gotta kill something to eat or feed my family...deer, cows, fish and fowl better have their head on a swivel..
🤓😎
Mine was a hypothetical. Didn’t know we’re entering into pioneer life analogies. 😏

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

🤓😎
You're lecturing me about hunting? Hate to break the news to ya... but I don't need to play this game with "ya". The county where my farm is located is routinely featured on hunting shows. Most people I know hunt. If we didn't have a deer "harvest" here every year crops would be decimated. Essentially the area economy would collapse. If turkey weren't thinned every year then ground nesting birds couldn't survive.

Oh, CWD and other diseases set in when deer populations get too large. That's more "torture" than a gut shot.

So yeah. You're coming off very "holier than thou"... for whatever reason.

You're lecturing me about hunting? Hate to break the news to ya... but I don't need to play this game with "ya". The county where my farm is located is routinely featured on hunting shows. Most people I know hunt. If we didn't have a deer "harvest" here every year crops would be decimated. Essentially the area economy would collapse. If turkey weren't thinned every year then ground nesting birds couldn't survive.

Oh, CWD and other diseases set in when deer populations get too large. That's more "torture" than a gut shot.

go get em! and send me some deer jerky

Nothing like "working their way back." Every major college football team makes this statement when there's no one better to take the place of the suspended players. Kind of funny when you think about it...
None of the players involved are critical to this season or any future season.

Maybe programs say that because they have a system for giving young guys who do stupid things a chance to redeem themselves?

Maybe if Aaron Beasley did what they claim he did he is getting mental help he needed for some issues prior to arriving at UT. We don't know. All we know is he allegedly did something and as Heupel says is likely working his way back to the team. Obviously these guys working their way back, UT football means a lot more to them than what we know. Those are the guys I want to root for on Saturdays! The ones who really care!

Maybe if Aaron Beasley did what they claim he did he is getting mental help he needed for some issues prior to arriving at UT. We don't know. All we know is he allegedly did something and as Heupel says is likely working his way back to the team. Obviously these guys working their way back, UT football means a lot more to them than what we know. Those are the guys I want to root for on Saturdays! The ones who really care!
True. No one here knows the whole story with Beasley. We do not know if this is a pattern of behavior or just a fit of anger with his girlfriend and her roommate. We don't know what exactly happened or if one of the women exaggerated because they were angry and wanted to hurt him.

The AJ ordeal should at least make us wary of accusers.

No denying that thinning is needed.

However, that aint why hunters hunt regardless of how you spin it.

No denying that thinning is needed.

However, that aint why hunters hunt regardless of how you spin it.
Yeah. It is a part of it... and I'd wager I know A LOT more deer hunters than you do. The population has been under relatively good control the last few years. A few years back Conservation allowed "nuisance" hunts to help farmers out. A farmer or their designate could kill deer but had to leave them for scavengers.

The only one "spinning" here is you. You apparently now have a problem with hunting for some reason... and then deem yourself worthy to speak on behalf of hunters. Not sure about wherever you live but anyone born after a certain year (1964 I think) has to go through a hunter safety program in MO before being granted a license. The program discusses conservation strategies and why it is important to help keep wildlife in balance. Their literature reinforces it every year. Pretty much everyone here knows what Blue Tongue and Chronic Wasting Disease are... and that they are a direct product of too many deer. Anyone with a farm or significant land knows the costs of deer overpopulation.

Maybe you just hang out with the wrong people?

None of the players involved are critical to this season or any future season.

Maybe programs say that because they have a system for giving young guys who do stupid things a chance to redeem themselves?
Oh, I'm sure some third string or walk-on would be given the opportunity to "work their way back."

VN Store

Back