Friday weigh in thread

Calories consumed=2452 per day
Calories burned(Garmin) = 2957 per day.

Hey ! the numbers didn’t work out this week. What’s the deal?
SWAG would be that after your relatively rapid weight loss, your body was a bit dry and is getting back to a proper water balance.

Do your clothes feel about the same? (tighter, looser)

Reactions: SDV
SWAG would be that after your relatively rapid weight loss, your body was a bit dry and is getting back to a proper water balance.

Do your clothes feel about the same? (tighter, looser)
I had a large calorie intake yesterday. May be skewing the numbers this morning. ( I hope).Also I didn’t drink the fluids this week that I normally do so you may be right.

The standard is 500 calorie daily deficit to lose a pound in one week. So by the standard I should of lost a pound.
The week before I lost 3 pounds with a daily deficit of 1150 calories or about 383 deficit for each pound. Timing of bowel movements does play into the weight loss when you doing an official weigh-in so that can be a factor which skews the numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile and SDV
I had a large calorie intake yesterday. May be skewing the numbers this morning. ( I hope).Also I didn’t drink the fluids this week that I normally do so you may be right.

The standard is 500 calorie daily deficit to lose a pound in one week. So by the standard I should of lost a pound.
The week before I lost 3 pounds with a daily deficit of 1150 calories or about 383 deficit for each pound. Timing of bowel movements does play into the weight loss when you doing an official weigh-in so that can be a factor which skews the numbers.

Those watches are not going to be entirely accurate. When I wanted to lose weight, I had a number of calories in mind I wanted to eat daily. The calories burned was nothing I paid attention to, just kept my activity up.

Those watches are not going to be entirely accurate. When I wanted to lose weight, I had a number of calories in mind I wanted to eat daily. The calories burned was nothing I paid attention to, just kept my activity up.
You are right the accuracy of GPS watches is unknown but at least you can get a baseline of BMR at a certain activity level and compare to calories consumed weekly to evaluate what you need to do. I should with a good data set over time be able to determine what deficit I need to shoot for in order to lose a certain amount of pounds in a week. That’s my ultimate goal anyway. It’s all about calories in vs. calories out and the gps watches can give you a good indication of the calories you burn or which go out. It’s a valuable tool in losing weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol
a whole less after the burden of living near satanville was lifted at midday friday
actually stayiin about 2 pounds less than i was at a new year's

Reactions: VolNExile
3/17/21 : 457
4/29/21 : 450
5/13/21 : 444
5/21/21 : 441
5/28/21: 436.4 @ 45.6% bf

This week coming up will likely be tough though. Sunday is my birthday and there's no way I can let that pass without some ice cream cake. Recon I'll just have to get in some extra walking somehow.
do it dude. enjoy yourself. maybe do a longer walk. or try going somewhere new/different for the walk, so it feels a little special.

VN Store

Back