The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Hey Yankee, what are your opinions on the 2500 with the 6.6 gas engine? Have you had good feedback on them? I’m looking to get my first 3/4 ton and really like what I am seeing from Chevy right now
Haven't heard anything bad about them. Not as popular as the diesel ones.

Reactions: Volture
I bought the wife a new 2020 Ford F-150 back in August of last year. It has 11k on it now. The rear end has horizontal play in the left and right axle shafts coming out of the chunk. The axle shafts pop and you can clearly hear it from a crawl to 90 mph.

Took it to Ford and they told me nothing was wrong over the phone. I went and took a video of my brother-in-law’s truck(same year f150) rear end with no play and no noise. When I went to pick the vehicle up the next day, I grabbed the rear tire and gave it a good shake to show the technician the noise and he says, “they told me it was the right front”. I also had video of my BIL’s truck making no noise for comparison.

Long story short, apparently Ford makes vehicles now that are within spec and make terrible popping noises in the rear end at the same time. Needless to say, but this will be the last Ford vehicle I purchase.

My family has always had Ford vehicles specifically the f-150, 250, 350, and excursion from the 80s until now.

I bought the wife a new 2020 Ford F-150 back in August of last year. It has 11k on it now. The rear end has horizontal play in the left and right axle shafts coming out of the chunk. The axle shafts pop and you can clearly hear it from a crawl to 90 mph.

Took it to Ford and they told me nothing was wrong over the phone. I went and took a video of my brother-in-law’s truck(same year f150) rear end with no play and no noise. When I went to pick the vehicle up the next day, I grabbed the rear tire and gave it a good shake to show the technician the noise and he says, “they told me it was the right front”. I also had video of my BIL’s truck making no noise for comparison.

Long story short, apparently Ford makes vehicles now that are within spec and make terrible popping noises in the rear end at the same time. Needless to say, but this will be the last Ford vehicle I purchase.

My family has always had Ford vehicles specifically the f-150, 250, 350, and excursion from the 80s until now.
1622296026884.gif1622295981902.gif

Go plaster it all over their Facebook page.

I can get you a nice Silverado 1500

We’ve had 3 Chrysler products, 2 Dodges. All 3 were hunks o junk.

Mine has been rock solid so far. I specifically bought it for the manual and the Cummins.
the manual I can replace the clutch myself and the engine bay is pretty open compared to the Ford and Chevy diesels.

Mine has been rock solid so far. I specifically bought it for the manual and the Cummins.
the manual I can replace the clutch myself and the engine bay is pretty open compared to the Ford and Chevy diesels.

Dodge still offering manual transmissions in their heavy dudies?

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Cummins. Best option on the market IMO, it’s the rest of the truck that falls apart around them.

Dodge still offering manual transmissions in their heavy dudies?

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Cummins. Best option on the market IMO, it’s the rest of the truck that falls apart around them.

It was a brand new 2018 that I bought. Last year with a manual. Everybody gets hung up on the horsepower, but I want mine to last. If I have to drop a gear so be it.

I can’t do this and don’t have time. Go to the 3 min mark

We’ve had 3 Chrysler products, 2 Dodges. All 3 were hunks o junk.

I work in collision repair, I was at a dealership for 10 years and I'm with a local businesses now. Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge has to be one of the biggest crap heaps from 95 on.

Reactions: hog88 and VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back