What would you prefer?

Here's a better question:

Would you rather

A. Take a bowl ban right now for 2021 and that's the only punishment
B. Fight the NCAA until May 2023 but be cleared of all allegations

Bowl ban...Sadly we might get both and cripple our already crippled program that much more.

I'm not sure what y'all are smoking. For "tattoo-gate" at Ohio State, players getting money and tattoos for free which OSU didn't know about but Coach Tressel did [sound familiar?]....... OSU then decided to play in the 2011 Sugar Bowl after this came out.

OSU got to vacate that season, the Sugar Bowl, the revenue AND a bowl ban the next year (when they were one of the top 5 teams) and 3 years of 3 scholarship reductions (9 total over 3 years).... among other things.

There's no way UT goes near a bowl this year AND no way we don't get scholarship reductions also.

Missouri got a year bowl ban + scholarships + fines for 1 academic tutor doing work for students that the university had no knowledge of and self reported..... no money, just schoolwork, and they squealed on themselves.

It ain't either a bowl or scholarships. It's both.

I like this game.

Would you rather the Vols be Guaranteed only 1 national championship in the next 25 years (not knowing when), or leave it to chance (meaning they could win 0 nattys or multiple in that same time frame). 🤔 where you at VN

I like this game.

Would you rather the Vols be Guaranteed only 1 national championship in the next 25 years (not knowing when), or leave it to chance (meaning they could win 0 nattys or multiple in that same time frame). 🤔 where you at VN

Under this scenario, that would be 2 national titles for UT from 1981-2046 and 0 for UGA.....

You guys are delusional. I love it and all, but we are gonna get hammered with LOIC like you can’t imagine. We had to fire our AD for Christmas Sakes.
Probably 2-3 year bowl ban and 30 + schollys.
We are dead ass meat. I mean big time dead ass meat. This is worse than the Albert Means deal. Far, far worse. I hate to type that, but I’m pretty sure I know what I am talking about here. UT= damn near death penalty.

This year scholarship losses wouldn't matter due to the rules. So, gimme them.

My deepest fear, I mean that one that lives down deep in the pit of your stomach and makes the bile rise up just thinking about it, is that the NCAA makes Tennessee an "example" to all these other teams out there doing the same thing and really drops the hammer.

I mean like really drops to the tune of 2 - 3 year bowl ban and loss of 5 plus scholarships for multiple years.
We would be better off "pulling a UAB" and killing the football program and restarting in 3 years.

And further, this is a perfect storm. Everyone bitches that the NCAA has no backbone and lets all these programs slide - because they have no subpoena power - and it is beyond difficult to prosecute like would normally happen (LSU, UNC, Etc Etc etc) - I can guarantee you they are sick of hearing this - we are a big name program facing 51 - yes - not one Cam Newton Charge - but FIFTY ONE serious allegations. That we’ve admitted to.
They are gonna bury us like we haven’t seen since SMU.
Anybody thinks we are “back” in five - ten years has their head in the sandy beach.

I'm not sure what y'all are smoking. For "tattoo-gate" at Ohio State, players getting money and tattoos for free which OSU didn't know about but Coach Tressel did [sound familiar?]....... OSU then decided to play in the 2011 Sugar Bowl after this came out.

OSU got to vacate that season, the Sugar Bowl, the revenue AND a bowl ban the next year (when they were one of the top 5 teams) and 3 years of 3 scholarship reductions (9 total over 3 years).... among other things.

There's no way UT goes near a bowl this year AND no way we don't get scholarship reductions also.

Missouri got a year bowl ban + scholarships + fines for 1 academic tutor doing work for students that the university had no knowledge of and self reported..... no money, just schoolwork, and they squealed on themselves.

It ain't either a bowl or scholarships. It's both.
OK, on the other side is North Carolina’s academic fraud where they got no penalties. Also, you have Will Wade at LSU caught cursing outlandishly while admitting he payed his point guard NBA money and he went back coaching and LSU got off free of penalties. The NCAA is basically an unpredictable joke.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I wish there was a choice. We're gonna get hammered, I'd bout bet on it.

OK, on the other side is North Carolina’s academic fraud where they got no penalties. Also, you have Will Wade at LSU caught cursing outlandishly while admitting he payed his point guard NBA money and he went back coaching and LSU got off free of penalties. The NCAA is basically an unpredictable joke.
I get that, but we won't get that kind of mercy.

Reactions: Volnuck

VN Store

Back