Tennessee Curse

TrueVol1970

I 100% believe someone with UT Football made a deal with the devil in 1998 to win the National Championship because all of UT sports has been cursed since then. Today our baseball Vols proved this to be true once again. Worst call I have seen in sports in years. SMH

I 100% believe someone with UT Football made a deal with the devil in 1998 to win the National Championship because all of UT sports has been cursed since then. Today our baseball Vols proved this to be true once again. Worst call I have seen in sports in years. SMH

I was in Tempe that night and I heard many Vol fans say something to the effect of, "I don't care if UT ever wins ____________ again! This is the greatest night of my life!"

Well....here we are.

David Cutcliff left there room to debate from the numbers and play that he made Fulmer. Also you could say starting in 2005 Tennessee inability to make change when it was needed and everybody else was led to our downfall.

I actually thought the same thing. Only The Vols could get hosed like that.

I was in Tempe that night and I heard many Vol fans say something to the effect of, "I don't care if UT ever wins ____________ again! This is the greatest night of my life!"

Well....here we are.
It wouldn't me. I was in Clarksdaie, Mississippi that night.

Well, it's not we win a National Championship every few years.

Six national titles: Tennessee has won six national championships in its history, the first coming in 1938 and the first four occurring between ’38 and 1951. The Vols won their other titles in 1967 and 1998, and that 31-year gap between titles from ’67 to ’98 is the longest in program history.

Well, it's not we win a National Championship every few years.

Six national titles: Tennessee has won six national championships in its history, the first coming in 1938 and the first four occurring between ’38 and 1951. The Vols won their other titles in 1967 and 1998, and that 31-year gap between titles from ’67 to ’98 is the longest in program history.
Let's not be bama and claim irrelevant NC. 67 you kidding me!

Let's not be bama and claim irrelevant NC. 67 you kidding me!

Lol! This^^^^! We've only recently added some of these Natties. A PR move. Litkenhous wasn't always recognized. Had to be UPI or AP.

Vols have 2 AP/UPI championships. 51 and 98.

Reactions: kcvols1
I keep telling y'all Florida hired a Voodoo princess.

Attachments

• 074A1C0C-0BE8-4AB2-94A5-9C2C1A41D4E7.jpeg
    074A1C0C-0BE8-4AB2-94A5-9C2C1A41D4E7.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
shiiii we had an incredible team and lot of good luck. Cutcliffe is a great OC.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
This is the day the curse started, it was during the off-season after the title.

Simms changes from Tennessee to Texas
Other excellent QBs wanted to sign with UT but chose other schools after Simms signed.

Weren’t we Ken Dorsey’s top choice? I can’t remember details from that far back, but it’s seems like when he made his visit the staff barely paid any attention to him

Reactions: MAD
Fulmer had two careers at UT. One with Cutcliffe and one without. The one with was great. The one without when compared to the relative competition at the time was very mediocre.

As others have said, after the NC Fulmer became arrogant and complacent. His tendency to value "personal loyalty" over the best interests of the program resulted in a gradual but fully perceptible decline from 99 to 2005. There were discipline problems both on and off the field. Fulmer did a VERY poor job of holding coaches, players, and others accountable. During the same period, the game began to evolve.... Fulmer famously stated, "We've won a lot of games around here doin' what we're doin'... and we ain't changin' now."

That attitude was the cyanide pill.

Weren’t we Ken Dorsey’s top choice? I can’t remember details from that far back, but it’s seems like when he made his visit the staff barely paid any attention to him
Ken Dorsey wanted badly to come to Tennessee, but went to the U when Chris committed.

VN Store

Back