The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

This feels like a dangerous path for mid-majors to go down. Don’t play big teams, don’t get into the Big Dance. This transfer portal drama is only going to get worse I fear.

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Not every game is filmed to begin with. Come on

I’ve had similar problems before, have you tried a nasal rinse?
There are several things anyone can try before going the doctor / surgery route to relieve sinus congestion / pressure that is so prevalent in East TN and I’ve found relief from these depending on the time of the year. Foremost, make dang sure you are well hydrated, I mean really hydrated. Daily sinus rinse in the evening after you come inside for the day. Claritin is now an over the counter generic along with the steroid nasal sprays. Make sure your a/c filters are changed monthly and most cars now have fresh air filters that are often neglected (I didn’t know my older 4Runner had one until my wife and I started coughing whenever we turned on the a/c). Also, make sure your home ductwork isn’t polluted with mold / dust or sucking in outside air via leaks. Move your bed regularly and dust/vacuum underneath. Make your home as clean and tidy as you can. There’s so many potential triggers that can make a person stuffy. Eliminate those before letting someone put you to sleep and start cutting. I know all my coughing/congestion disappears when I travel to less humid climates. IMHO, TIFWIW, AARP.

Reactions: iKrager
I mean, it's pretty hard for me as a UT fan to be upset about any of this. If I were a fan of a mid major team, then maybe....but still, what's the big deal? And why would any UT bball fan be upset about it?

That's a nice sentiment, but it's ridiculously misleading. The whole "stars" business has only been around just under 20 years.

Guarantee you guys like Bernard King, Allan Houston, etc. would've been 5 stars.
What if he said TN had signed as many 5*’s in the last 2 years as they had in the prior 20 years? Is that not also quite impressive?

What if he said TN had signed as many 5*’s in the last 2 years as they had in the prior 20 years? Is that not also quite impressive?
If that's your only goal as it seems to be with many of you, yes. it's very impressive. Frankly, I'd be more impressed with results related to better recruiting. Hopefully it follows.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
If that's your only goal as it seems to be with many of you, yes. it's very impressive. Frankly, I'd be more impressed with results related to better recruiting. Hopefully it follows.

Signing high quality student athletes is the necessary starting point. Not going to accomplish much of anything in a conference as good as the SEC by first filling up the roster with 2 and 3 stars.

Having a roster full of 4 and 5 stars does not guarantee that everything else falls into place and high levels of success are achieved. Having a roster full of 2 and 3 star recruits pretty much guarantees that there will be a low level of success.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Signing high quality student athletes is the necessary starting point. Not going to accomplish much of anything in a conference as good as the SEC by first filling up the roster with 2 and 3 stars.

Having a roster full of 4 and 5 stars does not guarantee that everything else falls into place and high levels of success are achieved. Having a roster full of 2 and 3 star recruits pretty much guarantees that there will be a low level of success.
If you truly believe that then why do you badger fans that say we should expect a Sw16 as a starting place for expectations this season? I fear your 'everything else falls into place ' is an out for the guy if he lays an EGG.

VN Store

Back