What would be your best lineup past present future

I'd lead off with Dick Hammerbush. He's the LF for the Havana Hawks in 2054 when he slashes .420/.510/.690 with 63 HRs, 165 RBIs, 137 runs and 90 SB.

Hammerbush could hit .150 and I still would put him in my lineup. That name is HOF alone

I've seen several people take Mike Schmidt as their all time 3B. Great player, but Chipper was better
Mike Schmidt hit 550 home runs and won 10 gold gloves, while putting up over 100 WAR.

There’s a reason everybody slots Schmidt in there... he’s the best to ever do it.

Mike Schmidt hit 550 home runs and won 10 gold gloves, while putting up over 100 WAR.

There’s a reason everybody slots Schmidt in there... he’s the best to ever do it.

Chipper was .303 hitter. Schmidt was .267

Chipper has more hits and RBIs

Chipper never struck out 100 times in a season. Schmidt did it 12 times

Chipper was .303 hitter. Schmidt was .267

Chipper has more hits and RBIs

Chipper never struck out 100 times in a season. Schmidt did it 12 times
Both were great Offensive players.
Schmidt was the superior Defensive player.

Part of the reason he put 107 WAR compared to Chipper’s 85 WAR..

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
SP - Pedro Martinez (2000). I still think that is one of the most remarkable seasons by a SP of all-time. He put up stats that are absolutely absurd in any era (including the current era) during the steroid era.

Pedro was special, and I say that having hated him for obvious reasons (my favorite Pedro highlight was the "Yankees are my daddies" press conference). But if I had to pick one pitcher from my lifetime (1980's to now) to win a game upon which my life depended, I would have to pick prime Randy Johnson.

Nobody gonna put together an all-time staff? Who’s supposed to pitch to these aliens?

Walter Johnson? Steve Carlton? Koufax? Randy?

This thread made me go look up Koufax's stats for the first time in a long time. That dude had such a weird career. Came into the league at 19 and was totally mediocre for his first 6 seasons. Has good years in 61 and 62, then goes on a 4 year stretch where he is unhittable, then has to retire at 30.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Nobody gonna put together an all-time staff? Who’s supposed to pitch to these aliens?

Walter Johnson? Steve Carlton? Koufax? Randy?
Any all time staff list better have Bob Gibson on it. Even if he had an off day throwing, there is no one I would want to stare an alien down more.

Vince Coleman
Ozzie Smith
Willie McGee
Barry Bonds
Sammy Sosa
Hank Aaron
Tommy Herr
David Freeze
Johnny Bench
Chipper Jones
I was kidding earlier but now I see that you’ve actually got Tom Friggin Herr in your lineup... but no Stan Musial. I’m calling the Cardinals front office to get your fan card revoked.

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
I was kidding earlier but now I see that you’ve actually got Tom Friggin Herr in your lineup... but no Stan Musial. I’m calling the Cardinals front office to get your fan card revoked.
No Rogers Hornsby either

1..Ricky Henderson LF
2..Ty Cobb CF
3..Ted Williams RF
4..Babe Ruth DH
5..Lou Gehrig 1B
6..Chipper Jones 3B
7..Johnny Bench C
8..Derek Jeter SS
9..Joe Morgan 2B

Sandy Koufax SP

The bad news is that you have to pitch to him. There's no way to pitch around him with *checks OP lineup* David "Freeze" protecting Herr in the 8 spot ahead of Bench in the 9 hole and Chipper *checks again* batting 10th.

1..Ricky Henderson LF
2..Ty Cobb CF
3..Ted Williams RF
4..Babe Ruth DH
5..Lou Gehrig 1B
6..Chipper Jones 3B
7..Johnny Bench C
8..Derek Jeter SS
9..Joe Morgan 2B

Sandy Koufax SP

Only problem (assuming Ruth, Gehrig and Cobb don’t cry seeing a 90 MPH slider) is that defense is spotty. Jeter/Chipper/Williams a big concern

Only problem (assuming Ruth, Gehrig and Cobb don’t cry seeing a 90 MPH slider) is that defense is spotty. Jeter/Chipper/Williams a big concern
Hopefully they wouldn't need it with those bats and Koufax pitching. Besides Chipper and Jeter weren't bad defenders. Ted Williams sure was though.

Lol

Not a concern at all to me. I’ll take Jeter’s 5 Golden Gloves...Chipper and Ted’s bats over diving catches all day...every day...

VN Store

Back