Ja’Wuan James considering 10 mil grievance

I think I once read that Brady has it in his contract that he could work out with his personal trainer, at least when he was with the Patriots. They weren't in agreement with some of his workout stuff but there wasn't much they could do about it because of the contract. I don't know about his current contract but I remember that he violated some city ordinance working out on his own in the park last year during covid. I assume he probably still has it in his contract.

If Tom Brady tore his Achilles or ACL away from team facilities, how would the team handle it? Just curious.
The NFL is a business. If he had the same verbiage in his contract they would treat it the same way. They could still keep him under contract and on the team but they would not have to pay him until he recovers from the injury and is cleared by team doctors.

Reactions: Mrgro
The best union in the world in MLBPA. The win every time.

The worst union is NFLPA. They’re terrible. Only win what the owners would give in the first place. Run by idiots.

Reactions: davethevol
I’m all for VFLs but when you are signing contracts for $10m and want to get paid you had better know what is in that contract and do what you agreed to. Sadly he is going to find out that he doesn’t work for the players association.

Feel for the guy but if I signed a contract that says I can't work out except at the team facility then that's what I'm going to do.
If the NFLPA want's me to workout some place else because of COVID then they need to put some legal paper in front of me to sign saying they'd cover the cost of my contract if I got hurt working out some place else

Teams have lawyers that write the contracts and agents have lawyers that read them and if it say's he won't get paid if hurt away from the facility they won't pay.
He can say he was hurt working out but who knows what was happening and that is what the team will say.

If the verbiage is in his contract, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Teams are going to protect their investment and if he was dumb enough to violate his contract, so be it.

Just because there is verbiage in the contract, doesn't mean its enforceable, or that courts won't rule otherwise.

Reactions: kcvols1
Just because there is verbiage in the contract, doesn't mean its enforceable, or that courts won't rule otherwise.

Agreed.

With $10MM at stake, you best believe it will be litigated to the maximum.

Same reason Pruitt hired counsel to rattle the saber.

If he shows up for summer camp 50 lbs overweight, out of shape, and can't bend enough to get into his stance, is he penalized by the team organization? I have to believe there's a clause requiring him to stay in reasonable shape. In the face of the pandemic and all the restrictions, what's he's supposed to do?

VN Store

Back