Ja’Wuan James considering 10 mil grievance

I mean this is just wrong , kid shows up. Trying to improve and just let him go . Hard business but awful . If it was someone like a skill position big name guy they would have kept him. Best wishes to J. James and family.
If the verbiage is in his contract, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Teams are going to protect their investment and if he was dumb enough to violate his contract, so be it.

I mean this is just wrong , kid shows up. Trying to improve and just let him go . Hard business but awful . If it was someone like a skill position big name guy they would have kept him. Best wishes to J. James and family.
If he would have kept working out at the team facilities he wouldn’t be in this situation. But the NFLPA told players not to work out at team facilities. So he quit working out where he was approved to. This is a stipulation the PA agreed to in their last collective bargaining agreement I think.

Reactions: vettefool
Feel sorry for the lad but his grievance is with the Players Union not Denver.

It is clear in his contract that if he is injured OUTSIDE the teams facilities then he has no leg to stand on (sorry really dont mean to be flippant) He went to the facility but under advice from the Union, and to show solidarity, he left. If not the Union, then perhaps the £30 million a year quarterbacks can "chip in" as they were the instigators of the strike.

It will be interesting to see if another NFL team picks James up for this season.
His career might be over. At the very least no one will pick him up this year as he won’t be able to play.

Tore his ACL away from team facilities. The NFL says teams don’t have to pay if they are injured outside of team facilities. Even if they were working out away due to the pandemic.

Source: OT James considering $10M grievance

Tore his Achilles (not trying to be a smart azz). I think he's filing against the NFLPA which encouraged off-site workouts where the injury happened.

Reactions: Element01
He should be filing a grievance against the NFLPA since they are the ones that advised for players to do workouts away from the facilities. It’s half on him though because he’s suppose to know what is in his contract. I hate it for him but that’s just how it is, even in the real world. It would be like any one of us going out on a vacation and breaking our leg and can’t work because of it. It didn’t happen on company time so they don’t have to pay you. You can use your paid time off if you wish but they don’t have to pay you a dime otherwise. If the injury happens on company time or at the company facility then you get workers compensation. That’s how it’s always been.

Broncos should at least meet James half way ($5mil) as he was getting ready for the upcoming football season.

If he were skiing or discount bungee jumping then it would be different.

Reactions: jhcrane14
I wonder if Metcalf had clearance from the team or his contract allowed him to risk injury competing against the sprinters the other day.

If the Broncos don't want to pay Ju'an,stick it to NFLPA who said NOT to work out at team sites because of covid19.A travesty that pro football players getting screwed by pro football teams and other organizations for listening to either end of a corporate ass!

Tore his ACL away from team facilities. The NFL says teams don’t have to pay if they are injured outside of team facilities. Even if they were working out away due to the pandemic.

Well his first mistake is being a covid nut. He’s young strong and in shape and considering 1% or less are dying he should of been at the facilities. I hate it for the kid he was a warrior for us.. I’m personally tired of covid and excuses. He knew the rules barely caught on with a team in the first place now his career is likely over.

He will lose and he shouldn't be filing it through the NFLPA, he should be filing it against the NFLPA because they told players to not workout at team facilities. They should be responsible.

He actually tore his Achilles and if he had been using team facilities he would have been covered and the team couldn't release him either. This is what happens when the NFLPA thinks they know what is best for players. They cost one what could amount to 30 million dollars over the next 3 years.

Reactions: kcvols1
If Tom Brady tore his Achilles or ACL away from team facilities, how would the team handle it? Just curious.

Feel sorry for the lad but his grievance is with the Players Union not Denver.

It is clear in his contract that if he is injured OUTSIDE the teams facilities then he has no leg to stand on (sorry really dont mean to be flippant) He went to the facility but under advice from the Union, and to show solidarity, he left. If not the Union, then perhaps the £30 million a year quarterbacks can "chip in" as they were the instigators of the strike.

EXACTLY...He violated the terms of the contract HE SIGNED. Let his "Union Brothers" pay him. Denver owes him NOTHING...ZERO...ZIP.

Broncos should at least meet James half way ($5mil) as he was getting ready for the upcoming football season.

If he were skiing or discount bungee jumping then it would be different.
NO.....Denver doesn't need to meet him anywhere. According to the available information, it's a clear violation of the terms of his contract.
Denver has no liability to pay him anything.
We have millionaires playing a game for billionaires...and they can't follow the most simple contract terms.
Sorry...NO sympathy here.

VN Store

Back