Tebow with Urban again

Think we missed out on a budding Fernando Tatis Jr...or Ronald Acuna? I remember when Garth Brooks and Kevin Costner were taking some cuts in the minors. Pretty sure the Trouts of the world found a way. Maybe a 36 year old backup catcher trying to log one last summer. Nobody hitting .221/.312/.337 missed out.
Baseball is not football or basketball. No-name prospects make it to the big leagues all the time with many becoming top players. The best closer in baseball the past several years was the 582nd overall pick in 2012, and that isn't a fluke or one-off thing. The draft has 50 something rounds for a reason.

Reactions: Wireless1
Baseball is not football or basketball. No-name prospects make it to the big leagues all the time with many becoming top players. The draft has 50 something rounds for a reason.
And they also have a very extensive minor league system where anybody with a pulse has a SPOT.

Reactions: Remy
Yeah, and there's only a certain number of them. That's my point...Tebow did not "just try out."
There’s an estimated 350 minor league positions available per 30 MLB teams. That’s 10,500 chances that a Tebow won’t “steal” your dreams...and that doesn’t include developmental and independent leagues or outside the country.

First of all, It’s Tebow. He hasn’t played in 8 years and he’s attempting to play a position that he’s never played before. A lot of people think Tebow can just interject himself into a situation where he’s chasing his dreams because he’s Tebow and everyone is cool with it. Not to mention that there are other aspects that people have brought up, but that’s a discussion for a different forum .
Tebow is not that bright or he's not been getting (or following) good advice. Tim Tebow could've played in the NFL years ago if he'd changed positions. Lots of people suggested it. He didn't do what was good for his career and here we are nearly a decade later and the clue light finally went on.

It's not likely to work for him now but I've got zero sympathy for him. He did this to himself.

Tebow is a heck of a self promoter.
I like Tebow, but I think his self promotion is his biggest blind spot. It may not be the case, but it comes across like he thinks that because he’s Tebow he can just try whatever and see what happens.

Think we missed out on a budding Fernando Tatis Jr...or Ronald Acuna? I remember when Garth Brooks and Kevin Costner were taking some cuts in the minors. Pretty sure the Trouts of the world found a way. Maybe a 36 year old backup catcher trying to log one last summer. Nobody hitting .221/.312/.337 missed out.

I don’t think either Brooks or Costner took a roster spot for an entire yr. but more a a batting practice and 1 game contract.

I don’t think either Brooks or Costner took a roster spot for an entire yr. but more a a batting practice and 1 game contract.
Time that could’ve been spent evaluating a “more deserving player” according to the outraged narrative to which I’m responding.

First of all, It’s Tebow. He hasn’t played in 8 years and he’s attempting to play a position that he’s never played before. A lot of people think Tebow can just interject himself into a situation where he’s chasing his dreams because he’s Tebow and everyone is cool with it. Not to mention that there are other aspects that people have brought up, but that’s a discussion for a different forum .

I think you are making a big deal out of very little. He will vanish like smoke from the Jags in short order, and we can all find something else to complain about.

I think you are making a big deal out of very little. He will vanish like smoke from the Jags in short order, and we can all find something else to complain about.

Yeah this is my opinion also.

He wasn’t a very good NFL QB after playing the position his entire life, yet we’re supposed to buy in on him succeeding at a different position requiring a completely different skill set.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I didn’t say I was bent out of shape about it, I was responding to LG asking why people are bent out of shape about it.

Lots of people are "up in arms" about Tebow. He isn't taking a spot away from another player. I "that" player was good enouh, someone would have already signed in as an UFA. What Urban is doing is nepotisim. Guess what, it happens in every single profession, every day, and if we had the clout to help out a friend that has earned the respect from so many people...........We would do the same thing. The respect Tebow has earned might not be what he's done in the NFL, but what he's done with his life, how he has treated people, how he carries himself as someone that you respect.

Do we have any clue how many washed out, has beens, try to workout for team each week? It's a lot. Nobody whines about them. It's because it's not public knowledge. Tebow polarizes people, that is why is common knowledge. And..........Tebow is from Jacksonville. People in Jacksonville are talking about them, not just waiting for the "Cocktail Party." Coaches do that for people they respect and like, just to appease them, or see if they could help.
Those that think it's a "disgrace," get over it. You would do the same thing.

Lots of people are "up in arms" about Tebow. He isn't taking a spot away from another player. I "that" player was good enouh, someone would have already signed in as an UFA. What Urban is doing is nepotisim. Guess what, it happens in every single profession, every day, and if we had the clout to help out a friend that has earned the respect from so many people...........We would do the same thing. The respect Tebow has earned might not be what he's done in the NFL, but what he's done with his life, how he has treated people, how he carries himself as someone that you respect.

Do we have any clue how many washed out, has beens, try to workout for team each week? It's a lot. Nobody whines about them. It's because it's not public knowledge. Tebow polarizes people, that is why is common knowledge. And..........Tebow is from Jacksonville. People in Jacksonville are talking about them, not just waiting for the "Cocktail Party." Coaches do that for people they respect and like, just to appease them, or see if they could help.
Those that think it's a "disgrace," get over it. You would do the same thing.

Lol you sound more butthurt than anyone over this, I guess because people aren't gushing over the choir boy. Probably need to take your own advice about getting over it.

The rest of what you just posted, there's a gigantic difference in inviting in "washed up has beens" to camp to try out for the position they played; it's quite another to invite a guy who hasn't been on an active roster in almost a decade and hasn't even been in a training camp in 6 years to try out for a position he hasn't even played.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Lol you sound more butthurt than anyone over this, I guess because people aren't gushing over the choir boy. Probably need to take your own advice about getting over it.

The rest of what you just posted, there's a gigantic difference in inviting in "washed up has beens" to camp to try out for the position they played; it's quite another to invite a guy who hasn't been on an active roster in almost a decade and hasn't even been in a training camp in 6 years to try out for a position he hasn't even played.
Look .... ain’t butthurt about it. Could care less if he makes it or not. Just ignorant to say he doesn’t “deserve” a chance or he’s taking away someone else’s chance.

Look .... ain’t butthurt about it. Could care less if he makes it or not. Just ignorant to say he doesn’t “deserve” a chance or he’s taking away someone else’s chance.

It's not even remotely ignorant to say that.

VN Store

Back