Weekley’s built the program and now are destroying it...

They were well on their way to missing the tournament last season. A program that consistently gets top recruiting classes that hasn't finished the season in OKC since 2015 isn't exactly something to hang your hat on. I'm sure you of all people know the goal each year is getting to OKC.

How surprising that you're shilling for the university per usual. Always cute when you do it under your alter ego. :rolleyes: It was fun when you carried water for Holly, too.

What "alter ego" are you talking about?

Some other not mentioned above

HC- Jessica Allister head coach at Stanford
HC- Cindy Ball-Malone head coach at UCF.....White hired her at UCF
HC- Eric Newell head coach Auburn University at Montgomery

They probably weren't mentioned because those are all FAR worse choices than the ones he mentioned.

This season is a culmination of many factors finally meeting each other in the end. Stated it many times before this weekend, that it has been a slow bleed/descend from the mountain top. Much like the second half of the LSU championship game in 2001 for the football team. My stance is and will always be that the Weekly's have earned the right to step away on their terms as long as we are in the hunt. Where did it go wrong. Here are my thoughts and let me say again before it gets taken the wrong way these are only my own thoughts after watching for years as a fan, talking with travel coaches I trust because of the program they run and kids they put in Power 5. We are not viewed nationally like we want to be perceived, is it too late only time will tell but time is not on the side of the contract being up next season.

1. recruiting tactics, while other programs emerged and changed. Marty was at the big tournaments, didn't see the Weekly's often enough or if any.
2. type of player they recruited, rankings over needs as FloSoftball and recruiting services ramped up
3. not developing relationships with top tier programs that emerged with the explosion of travel ball the last 10 years. One of the top programs nationally is in your backyard and not one 2021 kid, a team that has won nationals championships for years.
4. not winning the state in recruiting. For every out of state kid they get is one just as good/better. Win the state with 80% of the Top Tier kids each year and don't miss on the out of state ones when needed.
5. player development
6. Marty being shown the door was a sign that things are not good

The first change will be after the season with Ralph stepping away, now will Karen continue that is the word and expected.

I believe Karen has already agreed to a new contract that goes into effect if/when Ralph decides to retire.

So the person with the VolNation name "Majors" is gonna guarantee us a natty...
Love that M family, but let me know your softball natty guarantee when we choose your pick

Where in the sam hell did he say anything about guaranteeing a NC?

Y'all really just say anything, don't you? lmao

Reactions: Majors
I believe Karen has already agreed to a new contract that goes into effect if/when Ralph decides to retire.
The new contract could just be wording, I’m under the impression she is back too at least until end of next year. After that is up to two things 1. His health 2. No signs of upswing in the program

Let me stress before what I’m saying is turned. I believe they can walk away at any point as long as are competitive

Thought I made it clear I was acknowledging DP is your alter ego, BCR.

Like I've said before, I signed up here under my own name because you and one other poster accused DeerPark of being me, which I believe he has denied as well. You did it on the old Summitt board as well, despite being told that wasn't accurate. I thought it was funny then.

But then I got an actual job because I'm an adult and being accused of running some sort of incognito water-carrying for coaches scam by someone who acts and posts like a child whose mommy won't give him enough attention, so now it kind of just pi**es me off.

I can say whatever I want under my own name. And I do. I signed up to correct the misinformation that you chose to spread about me. I chose to interact here because I thought that people that said they listened to the games would enjoy my persepctive. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But unlike you, I don't crave the validation of strangers on the internet. You just come on here to spread the same misery that I assume you spread in your everyday life. But here, you do it anonymously on the internet which is a weird flex, but you do you.

Only 15 coaches in the history of NCAA softball have won a NC and the coaches who currently hold one are not leaving their schools

And not one is a former player waiting patiently for Mama to call them home. Closest would be Aric Thomas who was here with the baseball program.

Reactions: Vols4life
Like I've said before, I signed up here under my own name because you and one other poster accused DeerPark of being me, which I believe he has denied as well. You did it on the old Summitt board as well, despite being told that wasn't accurate. I thought it was funny then.

But then I got an actual job because I'm an adult and being accused of running some sort of incognito water-carrying for coaches scam by someone who acts and posts like a child whose mommy won't give him enough attention, so now it kind of just pi**es me off.

I can say whatever I want under my own name. And I do. I signed up to correct the misinformation that you chose to spread about me. I chose to interact here because I thought that people that said they listened to the games would enjoy my persepctive. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But unlike you, I don't crave the validation of strangers on the internet. You just come on here to spread the same misery that I assume you spread in your everyday life. But here, you do it anonymously on the internet which is a weird flex, but you do you.

I really appreciate you and DP taking the time to share your insight. I find it valuable.

VN Store

Back