Weekley’s built the program and now are destroying it...

Rickster, your post above backed up what I said in my post 100%. Thank you sir. The person making a post you see as negative is just a negavol and a troll and know nothing about what they speak of. Your perceptions about a poster is amazing for knowing nothing about that poster.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'd rather my team be in the hunt year after year, than watching other teams in the hunt
if you can't see the merit in that, you might want to drop the coach from your name
A real coach can appreciate what Karen and Ralph have done
As everyone should appreciate, but you can also question the state of the program in its current environment.

Rickster, your post above backed up what I said in my post 100%. Thank you sir. The person making a post you see as negative is just a negavol and a troll and know nothing about what they speak of. Your perceptions about a poster is amazing for knowing nothing about that poster.

Not what I said but probably what you wanted to hear. Odd that on one hand some people are outraged when called negative but don’t hesitate to jump on and belittle a poster when they write something positive.

Rickster, this is what you posted on page 2 after the posts about the Weeklys: "i’m sure the trolls and Nega’s can’t stand them which is a good testimony to their success. Unfortunately, they are nearing retirement age and will move on in the not too distant future. This will be a great loss to the 99.9% of the fan base who actually knows something about softball."

So your comments above are just a poster writing something positive? Strange way of being positive by calling out posters you don't like and referring that they don't know anything about softball. I assure you I know a lot about fastpitch SB as a player and a coach.

None of the posts on this thread about the Weeklys said anything about them not being good coaches and acknowledge their success in building the LV's program. Just suggesting that maybe its time to look in another direction for a HC. Its a debate, not an argument. Look in the mirror. Again you backed up my original post 100% .

Last edited:
I'd rather my team be in the hunt year after year, than watching other teams in the hunt
if you can't see the merit in that, you might want to drop the coach from your name
A real coach can appreciate what Karen and Ralph have done[/QUOTE
Nope. But considering the success of Coach Summit, would you or any LV fan be satisfied had she only made post season runs with zero nattys? How many chances do the Weeklys get? Pat was great because she produced nattys, not because she only made deep runs in post season. Can you explain how a team that was playing it’s softball games at a recreational park prior to 2000 has produced 4 nattys since, yet we can’t? Entitlement may be more appropriate for this coaching staff since they cannot produce a natty otherwise. What say you, genius?

natty natty natty natty....someone please buy Original Coach (a true genius) a thesaurus

I've only been watching the past 6 weeks, so I could be wrong on some of these things, but if I were a scout this is what I would report on this team:

1) Team is pretty well coached, especially defensively. They typically don't beat themselves, although once in a while a mental error happens.

2) The #1 starting pitcher is really good, and the coaches have developed her nicely. However, they are wearing her out.

What they lack is 2) a second starter, the absence of which is wearing out the #1 starter, 3) a big bat in the middle of the lineup that makes everyone around her a better hitter. Those two things go to recruiting, and therefore coaching.

and 4) hitters need to hit pitches on outer half of plate to opposite field more often. They try to pull the ball too much. Opposition pitchers are feasting on the outside corner. That goes to coaching.

As to coaching change, I think most of this can get fixed with recruiting, and is unnecessary to get rid of the legendary coaches. That would also be a disaster PR wise. The play of the team reflects that they are good coaches and know the game. I'm guessing as they get older, recruiting gets harder and harder. The travel starts getting to older people, but more young energetic recruiters might help out there.

That's my 2 cents from an newbie observer.

Rickster, this is what you posted on page 2 after the posts about the Weeklys: "i’m sure the trolls and Nega’s can’t stand them which is a good testimony to their success. Unfortunately, they are nearing retirement age and will move on in the not too distant future. This will be a great loss to the 99.9% of the fan base who actually knows something about softball."

So your comments above are just a poster writing something positive? Strange way of being positive by calling out posters you don't like and referring that they don't know anything about softball. I assure you I know a lot about fastpitch SB as a player and a coach.

None of the posts on this thread about the Weeklys said anything about them not being good coaches and acknowledge their success in building the LV's program. Just suggesting that maybe its time to look in another direction for a HC. Its a debate, not an argument. Look in the mirror. Again you backed up my original post 100% .

Was not intended for an individual but I guess you took exception because the shoe fit. Frankly don’t care either way. I guess you just disregarded the gist of the post only to twist meanings into something more suitable to your agenda.

Was not intended for an individual but I guess you took exception because the shoe fit. Frankly don’t care either way. I guess you just disregarded the gist of the post only to twist meanings into something more suitable to your agenda.

One other thing, there are several posters who are critical of the team or coaches and do a very good job of making a coherent argument without resorting to name calling or using terms to demean like “carrying someone’s water” or “crap sandwich .” I have no issue whatsoever with someone constructively criticizing the team or coaches but will push back on classless posts that have no intent other than to hurt.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Rickster, This is my last post on this with you as we are never going to agree on anything and thats fine. I never called anyone names in my posts here but I have pointed out where you do. So have fun posting your sunshine and rainbows and calling posters you don't like names, cause that is what you do, even if you don't want to admit it.

No hard feeling towards you just get tired of the double std buy some of you on here.

Rickster, This is my last post on this with you as we are never going to agree on anything and thats fine. I never called anyone names in my posts here but I have pointed out where you do. So have fun posting your sunshine and rainbows and calling posters you don't like names, cause that is what you do, even if you don't want to admit it.

No hard feeling towards you just get tired of the double std buy some of you on here.

Why do you believe I posted in reply to something you posted? My post (#47) had absolutely nothing to do with you. It was you who reached out and started the argument. If you want to believe you are one of the 0.1% then fine. Whatever floats your boat but it was you who took exception....

You are correct. My response was in general to some on here who believe they know everything about LV sports and no one else does. Your post just happened to catch my attention at the time. As I said peace and no hard feelings.

Were far from being destroyed. Three or four players away from being as good as anybody. Two of those would be pitchers and we need a solid second baseman that can hit and a homerun hitting outfielder. If we had those four in addition to what we have were a top ten team easily.

Caliyah Thompson was supposed to be the 2nd baseman but she was hurt in the Fall and out for the year....another player that is hurt is Amanda Curran......add to the fact KK still has her elbow issues and your pinch hitters for potential RBI spots are slim

If the Weekleys are not offered a contract extension, who might be the possible replacement options?

I do not follow softball so I do not know who might make a good replacement.

Thanks for any information.

you must be looking at a different set of results for the program than I am. Deep post season runs used to be the norm - - now late season slides are what we have come to expect.
You can’t hang your hat on Monica Abbott’s name forever.
Anyone with eyes, knew the Weekly's aren't championship coaches, if they watched when MA played here. Tn was always the worst prepared team in Oklahoma City, regardless of the year or opponent. They took the program to the next level, compared to where it was b4 their arrival, and deserve credit for that. By the same standard, they should have been replaced years ago if winning a NC is the goal. Results don't lie. Keeping it real.

Reactions: WizardofOz
As I have mentioned before, I live in a LV news desert. Still, I have heard/ read that there have been several key injuries this year? Has the new pitching coach been an improvement as a coach and/or recruiter? As another asked, who are the coaches creating a buzz that may be realistic candidates? Finally, AD White would not seem to be a hindrance. CKH moved quickly on two coaches with strong CVs.

Caliyah Thompson was supposed to be the 2nd baseman but she was hurt in the Fall and out for the year....another player that is hurt is Amanda Curran......add to the fact KK still has her elbow issues and your pinch hitters for potential RBI spots are slim
It could all come together next season. If they can get a pitcher out of the portal. I think the freshman pitcher is going to be ok as the third or fourth option. We should bring Turner back for one more try hopefully figures it out in the off season. She was not always bad also pitched very well just inconsistent. I like several players in the class especially a couple of the infielders.
Lot of problems this year caused by injuries and players just not living up to their potential. You can't always blame the coaches for that for one season. Still 39 and 12 is not what we wanted especially the SEC play still not as terrible as some make it out to be.

If the Weekleys are not offered a contract extension, who might be the possible replacement options?

Asst. Coach Aric Thomas - Florida
HC- Gerry Glasco- Louisiana
HC - Marissa Young - Duke or Asst. Josh Bloomer - Duke
HC - Valentino- UConn
HC- Joe Guthrie - UAB w/wife would be pitching coach (not sure TN goes that route again) . But Guthrie alone is worth the take

All recruit and maximize what they have

It could all come together next season. If they can get a pitcher out of the portal. I think the freshman pitcher is going to be ok as the third or fourth option. We should bring Turner back for one more try hopefully figures it out in the off season. She was not always bad also pitched very well just inconsistent. I like several players in the class especially a couple of the infielders.
Lot of problems this year caused by injuries and players just not living up to their potential. You can't always blame the coaches for that for one season. Still 39 and 12 is not what we wanted especially the SEC play still not as terrible as some make it out to be.
Not saying it’ll happen but Logan Caymol may be available soon.

Reactions: Volfan2012
HC - Valentino- UConn
HC- Joe Guthrie - UAB w/wife would be pitching coach (not sure TN goes that route again) . But Guthrie alone is worth the take

Living in Bham the staff Jimmy Kolaitis put together was great!

Reactions: Majors

Some other not mentioned above

HC- Jessica Allister head coach at Stanford
HC- Cindy Ball-Malone head coach at UCF.....White hired her at UCF
HC- Eric Newell head coach Auburn University at Montgomery

Reactions: Volfan1000
HC - Valentino- UConn

So the person with the VolNation name "Majors" is gonna guarantee us a natty...
Love that M family, but let me know your softball natty guarantee when we choose your pick

Reactions: volfan__18

VN Store

Back