2022 TN Forward Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

BHH finished with 14 points and 3 rebounds in the game. He hit a couple 3's and the guy giving the report said he didn't look out of place, after reclassifying, at all this week. Looked like he belonged with this group.
Is he projected to be 1 and done?

BHH finished with 14 points and 3 rebounds in the game. He hit a couple 3's and the guy giving the report said he didn't look out of place, after reclassifying, at all this week. Looked like he belonged with this group.
Good to hear, though he shouldn't look out of place. In addition to being uber-talented, he was originally a member of the 2021 class, to begin with, IIRC.

From rivals:

After showcasing his broad shoulders and raw strength under the glass in the practices leading into Saturday’s game, Tennessee commit Brandon Huntley-Hatfield reminded everyone he’s more than brawn and brute strength by opening the contest with a pair of smooth 3-pointers. The Vol-to-be finished the contest with 14 points and three rebounds. The newly reclassified forward didn't look out of place at all playing against his new peers in the class of 2021, making the case to float around the 30 to 35 range when he’s placed in the 2021 Rivals150 next week.

Huntley-Hatfield isn’t a polished player by any stretch and has strides to make on the defensive end and when it comes to low-post moves, but the physical tools, touch and upside are there in spades.

From rivals:

After showcasing his broad shoulders and raw strength under the glass in the practices leading into Saturday’s game, Tennessee commit Brandon Huntley-Hatfield reminded everyone he’s more than brawn and brute strength by opening the contest with a pair of smooth 3-pointers. The Vol-to-be finished the contest with 14 points and three rebounds. The newly reclassified forward didn't look out of place at all playing against his new peers in the class of 2021, making the case to float around the 30 to 35 range when he’s placed in the 2021 Rivals150 next week.

Huntley-Hatfield isn’t a polished player by any stretch and has strides to make on the defensive end and when it comes to low-post moves, but the physical tools, touch and upside are there in spades.
I’m not trying to throw shade at him but a 30 ranked prospect doesn’t seem like a one and done to me. Every case is different by those guys usually stay in school multiple years.

I’m not trying to throw shade at him but a 30 ranked prospect doesn’t seem like a one and done to me. Every case is different by those guys usually stay in school multiple years.
Determining that he is "30 ranked" is extremely subjective...even more than usual in this case because of the reclassification. He's #20 on 247, and was a top-10 player in the 2022 class. Six months ago, Rivals had him as a top-10 player in 2022, as well. Is the '21 class so much better that it would warrant dropping him 20+ spots due to reclassification?

Reactions: TooLegit2Quit
Determining that he is "30 ranked" is extremely subjective...even more than usual in this case because of the reclassification. He's #20 on 247, and was a top-10 player in the 2022 class. Six months ago, Rivals had him as a top-10 player in 2022, as well. Is the '21 class so much better that it would warrant dropping him 20+ spots due to reclassification?
Am I correct that he actually "reclassified" -back- to the 2021 class? Thought I had read that somewhere.

Highlights from BHH in the King of the court competition, lost to Banchero 3-2 in the finals...BHH looks like a grown a$$ man out there.

He will be able to bully just about anyone, and yes he can hit the 3 ball, but doesn’t need to shy away from the post and just settle for 3’s.

Still can’t believe we let Duke steal Banchero from us. Cheating b*stards

Would have been a deadly combo of BHH & Banchero.

Highlights from BHH in the King of the court competition, lost to Banchero 3-2 in the finals...BHH looks like a grown a$$ man out there.

He will be able to bully just about anyone, and yes he can hit the 3 ball, but doesn’t need to shy away from the post and just settle for 3’s.

This

Banchero > Holmgren. Banchero will be a better college player and a better pro. Holmgren looks like he's 160 pounds and would get absolutely bullied by Banchero.

How does BHH compare to Fulk in playing at the 5? Specifically could we be able to count on him to guard the post for significant minutes?

Banchero > Holmgren. Banchero will be a better college player and a better pro. Holmgren looks like he's 160 pounds and would get absolutely bullied by Banchero.
I agree, I could turn out to be dead wrong but I think Holmgren will get exposed some...now he isn’t going to play in a tough league but I think in their OOC games he’s going to struggle.

Reactions: Maxwell865

Hope to see “BHH” and “King” used in the same sentence a lot over the next year.

I agree, I could turn out to be dead wrong but I think Holmgren will get exposed some...now he isn’t going to play in a tough league but I think in their OOC games he’s going to struggle.
Holmgren moves very well though. I do think he will get bullied inside however. I still do think he will be a elite player especially offensively

I dream of a scenario where that final spot we have isn’t available because Banchero committed to us over Duke, we have Powell, Chandler, Banchero, And BHH at the same time.

Holmgren moves very well though. I do think he will get bullied inside however. I still do think he will be a elite player especially offensively
I wonder a bit about his handle, he obviously won’t be going against many guards but in that video he lost his handle a few times against that guy.

VN Store

Back