Tyler Summit Today ....

One....While what he did is morally bad, he didn't do anything criminal.

Two....I'm sorry. I don't mean to be flippant, but this man has won life's lottery. He is earning $175,000 a year for the rest of his life and he doesn't have to do anything to get it. I don't even know if that income is taxable.

He messed up. But, he's going to be alright.
That comes out to $20 a hr till the day he dies. For doing absolutely nothing. Id trade spots with him.

I think it's easy to forget he was very young and thrown in head first to a coaching career he was not ready for. What he did was very stupid and there is no excuses that can be made for him. But I do think now that he is older if he was to start that career now he wouldn't make the same mistake. With the way we all view college students as still children he will never get to move past this fair or not.
I disagree. If he was given the chance, I believe he would still do it as long as he can get away with it. People that do this don't change with age. You may trust your daughter with him, but I wouldn't.

I disagree. If he was given the chance, I believe he would still do it as long as he can get away with it. People that do this don't change with age. You may trust your daughter with him, but I wouldn't.
I slept with a 16yr old once. I was also 16. Now that I'm in my thirties I can assure you I wouldn't sleep with a 16yr old today. I'd be willing to bet that may even apply to you. Am I right??

I do get what you're saying tho. He was in a position that in no way shape or form should he had been getting involved with the girl like he did. All I'm saying is his age at the time played a part in it I think. He was the same age as the people he was suppose to be helping guide through life. Had he got the job on his own merit I think he would have been a little older and more mature and possibly it never would have happened.

If you took everyone coaching Women's Basketball at the collegiate level, even moreso, took everyone who goes to work as you do every day of your life and put them under a microscope and then published and broadcast any moral failing they may have had along the way more than likely many of us would be all by ourselves. Tyler was a young man who dove into the highly charged atmosphere of competitive women's basketball with all that estrogen and attractive young women around and him in his twenties I'm surprised his failings were not much worse and numerable. He probably should not be around young women coaching ever again but he surely ought find a way to contribute based on his education and experiences to teach high school or coach another sport perhaps guys in baseball or something. I hate seeing someone so beaten down that they can't come back up to walk upright again, the article made it seem like he's just a beaten down old dog at this point and he' s still a young man.
They probably are more numerable..... he just got busted on this one.

A lot of folks seem to be giving Tyler a pass here.... Oh it is not criminal.... oh he was young.... oh it is not so bad.... no pass from me... He screwed with young peoples lives.... those very lives he was hired to entrust.... He had a high level responsibility and blew it.... The fact that he was put in that spot as a 23 year old is not our problem.... In fact, he said plainly that he was up to the task and worthy of all the praise which came his way. I guarantee the apologists for Tyler wold think differently if he was taking advantage of their daughter.

A lot of folks seem to be giving Tyler a pass here.... Oh it is not criminal.... oh he was young.... oh it is not so bad.... no pass from me... He screwed with young peoples lives.... those very lives he was hired to entrust.... He had a high level responsibility and blew it.... The fact that he was put in that spot as a 23 year old is not our problem.... In fact, he said plainly that he was up to the task and worthy of all the praise which came his way. I guarantee the apologists for Tyler wold think differently if he was taking advantage of their daughter.

It's not right. He was unfaithful in his marriage.

This is part of what's wrong with the country today. You mentioned if you were her father.....you know who I'd be upset with at the time if I were her father. I'd be upset with her. What the heck are you doing having a relationship with a married man? She probably even met his wife. At least, he had not yet had children yet with his first wife. But, if you think I would have looked at him and just had a bone to pick with him, think again. I would be disappointed in her. I didn't know him. Screw him. But, I know you and I know what your mother and I taught you. Damn him, what are you doing?

I'd have to get over all of that as the two of them are now married if I wanted to be a part of my grandchildren's lives.

Now, if I was his first wife's father......

Last edited:
Reactions: LasVegasBill23
This is a difficult issue and probably not best suited for a sports board for discussion. Adultery is probably the most tempting sin one can face. And IF we all live long enough we’ll be faced, however so slight, with that possibility. The issue then becomes how we deal with it. Unless we’ve made a firm commitment BEFORE the temptation is set before us to NOT engage then chances are fairly good we’ll yield to it. It’s just too overwhelming ...especially for an inexperienced young man who may not be able to see the “death and destruction” it can cause. Tyler yielded...clearly...and seems to have sought forgiveness the best he can. If King David fail in this area... I submit anyone can. If we’re not keenly aware of this selfish act we all may fall.

His life was a blessing and curse in regards to basketball. Born to a legend but couldn’t handle the position of power when given the opportunity at an early age. Mistakes happen and his cost him greatly in marriage and profession. He could have been Mayor in Knoxville and had an easier time than following his moms greatness.

She was an adult, not a child. She was a willing participant. Also, we do mature with age. I’m certainly not the same person I was 10 years ago.

Some truth to this. Also a huge red flag when dad has done the same thing. I swear it’s genetic. My uncle is a known philanderer and so are all of his sons. Whether it’s genetic or environmental we may never know lol.

You should do some heavy reading on grief and the effects of extreme loss that some people experience. What Tyler did was NOT a result of some kind of hidden sexual deviance come to light, but a VERY common reaction to overwhelming pain and suffering. Whatever he was going through then has since had enough time for him to get past emotionally, so he is highly unlikely to be one who would make those mistakes again. The harsh judgement from people on this matter is so heartbreaking to me. :(

You should do some heavy reading on grief and the effects of extreme loss that some people experience. What Tyler did was NOT a result of some kind of hidden sexual deviance come to light, but a VERY common reaction to overwhelming pain and suffering. Whatever he was going through then has since had enough time for him to get past emotionally, so he is highly unlikely to be one who would make those mistakes again. The harsh judgement from people on this matter is so heartbreaking to me. :(
I speak from facts not from emotion. I agree it is heartbreaking for these girls but of course not for the one taking advantage of them and is breaking the law in most places.

I speak from facts not from emotion. I agree it is heartbreaking for these girls but of course not for the one taking advantage of them and is breaking the law in most places.

I speak from facts, too, and the FACT is, you obviously know little to nothing about the psychological factors involved in profound loss and grief.

Some truth to this. Also a huge red flag when dad has done the same thing. I swear it’s genetic. My uncle is a known philanderer and so are all of his sons. Whether it’s genetic or environmental we may never know lol.
Pat’s husband did the same thing? I guess I’m confused.

Reactions: volman128
Not all kids who’s dad cheat, do it too. Tyler was close to his mom and saw the hurt, you either do one of two things. Either commit to breaking the cycle or do it. He also was handed the responsibility of being around young ladies as a young adult in a position of power at an early age. His consequence for his actions are forever. I’m glad I’m not the same person today in my 40’s as I was in my early 20’s.

"Breaking the law in most places". She wasn't a minor so WTF are you talking about? I agree the power dynamic situation was gross but it's no different than a boss sleeping with their employee. He didn't commit a crime and you should be ashamed for insinuating that he did.

That comes out to $20 a hr till the day he dies. For doing absolutely nothing. Id trade spots with him.

Which of your loved ones would you choose to watch die a horrible death in order to trade spots with him, for money? Your Mom? Your Dad? What about your wife? She’d be okay to lose for that much money, right? Your son or daughter? How much per hour for life would it take for you to watch them die a horrifying death?

Obviously I know you weren’t taking your thought to the reality of what Tyler actually lost to get that, but I really think people SHOULD take a moment to think it through before they decide Tyler came out of this great.

VN Store

Back