FB upholds ban on Trump, not that anyone cares

Meet Nick Clegg, a British nerd Who Decides What Americans Can Read on Facebook

nick-clegg-facebook-001.jpg

Who is Sir Nick Clegg, the Facebook vice president of global affairs who is placing America’s culture of free speech in manacles by continuing to ban Donald Trump from the platform? The man who wrote the Facebook post barring Trump in January and will decide whether to make it permanent is a career British liberal politician, once famously described as David Cameron’s condom by Boris Johnson.

Savor this for a moment: The former head of a party calling itself the “Liberal Democrats,” from the supposedly liberty-loving homeland of the Magna Carta, is stopping Americans from hearing the thoughts of a person we chose as our president. What was the point of the American Revolution if some aristocratic British nerd can decide which Americans get to speak?

Meet Nick Clegg, the Brit who decides what we can read on Facebook

Cheney represents a group that took an R party that was OK in the 90's and completely ran it into the ground. She's an enemy to progressives and conservatives.

View attachment 366704

I really haven’t followed her, but I thought she had only been in congress since 2015 or 2017. Are these all things that are attributable to her from a prior point in her career or are they being attributed to her because of her father?

lol @ "cancelling" her.

I mean, what would you call it?

When one doesn't uphold the partisan dogma, and they're erased as punishment for their troubles - isn't that what the cancel culture does?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, IDGAF about Liz or whether her party drums her out of town - it' just the hypocrisy of these very same people looking down their noses at others for doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandman 423
I really haven’t followed her, but I thought she had only been in congress since 2015 or 2017. Are these all things that are attributable to her from a prior point in her career or are they being attributed to her because of her father?

She's been in the public eye a while and she's a continuation of her Dad and his crew. The war-mongering right, essentially

Florida voting law signed by DeSantis Stops Mark Zuckerberg, others from Bankrolling election administration

For at least two Florida counties, the new voting law means losing millions in private grant money bankrolled mostly by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, and closing the spigot for more private dollars to fund election administration.

Florida voting law signed by DeSantis stops Mark Zuckerberg, others from bankrolling election administration

Well I be. Did not even know that was happening i the first place. Not good.

Reactions: AM64
What’s wrong with Liz Cheney?

Report: Liz Cheney ‘Orchestrated Unprecedented’ GOP Sabotage with WaPo on January 3

Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) reportedly “orchestrated unprecedented” Republican sabotage with the Washington Post against former President Donald Trump on January 3.

The New Yorker published an essay Thursday in which Eric Edelman — a “friend” of Cheney’s and a former national security adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, Liz Cheney’s father — said Liz Cheney “was the one who generated” a hit piece on Trump in the Post, written by “ten living former Defense Secretaries, including her father.”

“Edelman revealed that Cheney herself secretly orchestrated an unprecedented op-ed in the Washington Post by all ten living former Defense Secretaries, including her father, warning against Trump’s efforts to politicize the military,” The New Yorker wrote.

“The congresswoman not only recruited her father but personally asked others, including Trump’s first Defense Secretary, Jim Mattis, to participate,” the magazine continued.

Cheney Orchestrated Unprecedented GOP Sabotage with WaPo January 3

Report: Liz Cheney ‘Orchestrated Unprecedented’ GOP Sabotage with WaPo on January 3

Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) reportedly “orchestrated unprecedented” Republican sabotage with the Washington Post against former President Donald Trump on January 3.

The New Yorker published an essay Thursday in which Eric Edelman — a “friend” of Cheney’s and a former national security adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, Liz Cheney’s father — said Liz Cheney “was the one who generated” a hit piece on Trump in the Post, written by “ten living former Defense Secretaries, including her father.”

“Edelman revealed that Cheney herself secretly orchestrated an unprecedented op-ed in the Washington Post by all ten living former Defense Secretaries, including her father, warning against Trump’s efforts to politicize the military,” The New Yorker wrote.

“The congresswoman not only recruited her father but personally asked others, including Trump’s first Defense Secretary, Jim Mattis, to participate,” the magazine continued.

Wasn’t that oped about Trump trying to overturn the election and not about the GOP?

If that’s the reason they’re booting her out of congress, that’s pretty humiliating. Explains why everybody pretended not to know the reason.

Trump did politicize the military

He pushed for a parade. Thank goodness Mattis and Esper fought against it

The parade idea was dumb and political but so is allowing transgender people in the military, women in ground combat roles and the right wing witch hunt. So Trump is way behind on the politicizing the military.

So, two things over four years... one of which didn't happen.
His speech to the soldiers on Christmas day, 2017, was entirely political. No President in modern history has addressed the soldiers in such a manner. He made 3 separate, outright lies while doing so. By making such a self serving mockery of that Christmas day address to the troops, he directly politicized an event that normally had been all about our troops and the sacrifices they were making. It's a damn fact he made it about himself. Read it, listen to it or watch it if you want to see that he made it about him instead of them

Reactions: RockyTop85
The parade idea was dumb and political but so is allowing transgender people in the military, women in ground combat roles and the right wing witch hunt. So Trump is way behind on the politicizing the military.
Can you share with the forum how many transgender citizens are in the military? Can you provide specificity as to their roles? I get it. The idea of it bothers me too. Maybe one of the few exceptions can decipher code like no one else. Lots of "masculine, Tom boy types in there already. I never had a problem with any of them, and some of them would have rather been male than female

His speech to the soldiers on Christmas day, 2017, was entirely political. No President in modern history has addressed the soldiers in such a manner. He made 3 separate, outright lies while doing so. By making such a self serving mockery of that Christmas day address to the troops, he directly politicized an event that normally had been all about our troops and the sacrifices they were making. It's a damn fact he made it about himself. Read it, listen to it or watch it if you want to see that he made it about him instead of them

You got a link?

Can you share with the forum how many transgender citizens are in the military? Can you provide specificity as to their roles? I get it. The idea of it bothers me too. Maybe one of the few exceptions can decipher code like no one else. Lots of "masculine, Tom boy types in there already. I never had a problem with any of them, and some of them would have rather been male than female

I have no idea how many transgender people are serving but that doesn't matter now does it? The change to allow them to serve was purely political and had zero to do with military reediness.

VN Store

Back