2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

God, another tragic failure for Kellie. The LVs have an all-american preseason candidate but not the IDEAL one. Can it get any worse?? Woe is Us

200.gif

I hope she can make those with someone guarding her, can’t wait to see Sara in Orange!

3 things:

• I teach that the bankshot she is working on is the most open shot (against zone defense) bc of its release point
  • The fadeaway combined with the stepback she is doing will enable her to get the shot off against even taller opponents
  • Her hip to knee ration is minimal so she will likely have no problems (structurally) with her knees and ankles

Really like her work ethic. 5:17 is a fabulous time in the mile.

As a former track athlete...... 5:17 is a 80 second pace ! 60 —— 65 is 4:00 minutes mile run, which is world class. Without getting into split times for quarter and half , etc. Any time near five minutes is good for all athletes!

With Wynn being a pentathlete .... This is two pretty good athletes! Just Saying

PS. Basketball shape is different than running shape ! But for a girl at her size . This time is something to be proud of .... JMO

As a former track athlete...... 5:17 is a 80 second pace ! 60 —— 65 is 4:00 minutes mile run, which is world class. Without getting into split times for quarter and half , etc. Any time near five minutes is good for all athletes!

With Wynn being a pentathlete .... This is two pretty good athletes! Just Saying

PS. Basketball shape is different than running shape ! But for a girl at her size . This time is something to be proud of .... JMO

In the army we had to run the mile for time. Mine was 5:05 and I ran track (440 yard dash and the 100 yd dash) and played football in HS (receiver, d-back). I wasn't a long distance runner per say, but I do know that only a handful for the battalion I was timed with,, broke 5 minutes.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
I double this. Go, Kellie!!
If
If everyone would put the troll on “ignore,” he would instantly cease to be a problem.

I agree. I just linked his name and the ignore button was there. I pushed it and
✌ now I don't have to read his negative and irrational posts. I think people constantly rant against him just to hear their own voice. If everyone ignores him then he will be the only one to read his posts and that is no fun.

All 4 young ladies look like super athletes 💪...All impressive 👍👏 🧡🏀🧡

Coach, can you please explain that a little more for me? What is a hip to knee ratio(n)? I think I know what you're saying, but just want to make sure.
sara 005.jpg
mercedes 001.jpg

there are several things I look for physically when assessing the physical potential of an athlete...the most important of which to me are: hip-to-knee ratio and running/walking mechanics.

Hip-to-knee ration: If you draw a line with the athlete standing straight up, from the outside of the hip, to the outside of the ankle, the distance to the knee from that line constitutes the ratio (example draw a line on both Sara and Mercedes and you see what I mean,,,Mercedes' knee is way out of alignment and therefor more susceptible to strains and bad motion mechanics,,ie if she lands, her leg base going inward could cause her knees to knock together,,,while Sara's base would be very solid,

If you watch Mercedes from behind her "foot path" during walking and running is not a true pendulum of movement,. with the knee bending inward, there is no pendulum ,, therefor susceptible to injuries and non-fluid motions.

I also watch an athlete run from behind and from the side,,,I look at foot path and pendulum placement from behind and non-up-and-down movement in the upper body, from the side view,,,running should happen in the legs, not the body. I learned this riding my horse,,the faster "Buckshot" ran, the less I could feel his body "hop"

Usain Bolt, once he reaches his fastest speed, his upper body has no rise in the shoulders

The same stands true for lateral movement,,,,no up and down movement in the upper torso

Note: mechanics aren't my only decider in athlete's potential to be elite ,,, Heart, work ethic and ambition can overtake pure mechanics

View attachment 366481
View attachment 366482

there are several things I look for physically when assessing the physical potential of an athlete...the most important of which to me are: hip-to-knee ratio and running/walking mechanics.

Hip-to-knee ration: If you draw a line with the athlete standing straight up, from the outside of the hip, to the outside of the ankle, the distance to the knee from that line constitutes the ratio (example draw a line on both Sara and Mercedes and you see what I mean,,,Mercedes' knee is way out of alignment and therefor more susceptible to strains and bad motion mechanics,,ie if she lands, her leg base going inward could cause her knees to knock together,,,while Sara's base would be very solid,

If you watch Mercedes from behind her "foot path" during walking and running is not a true pendulum of movement,. with the knee bending inward, there is no pendulum ,, therefor susceptible to injuries and non-fluid motions.

I also watch an athlete run from behind and from the side,,,I look at foot path and pendulum placement from behind and non-up-and-down movement in the upper body, from the side view,,,running should happen in the legs, not the body. I learned this riding my horse,,the faster "Buckshot" ran, the less I could feel his body "hop"

Usain Bolt, once he reaches his fastest speed, his upper body has no rise in the shoulders

The same stands true for lateral movement,,,,no up and down movement in the upper torso

Note: mechanics aren't my only decider in athlete's potential to be elite ,,, Heart, work ethic and ambition can overtake pure mechanics

I love the name "Buckshot"

Reactions: Lucy

Wow. As old as I am and as much sports as I've played and watched and read about, etc, I have never heard of this. It makes sense, I guess. Learn something new every day. Thanks for going to all that trouble to explain to me. Much appreciated!

Wow. As old as I am and as much sports as I've played and watched and read about, etc, I have never heard of this. It makes sense, I guess. Learn something new every day. Thanks for going to all that trouble to explain to me. Much appreciated!

God gave women a blessing and a curse we call "hips".

I love the name "Buckshot"

He was a Pinto stud,,,we left him that way,,,I could write a book on that horse,,,,,bucking me off, dragging me off his back running, under a tree limb,,,loved that horse. I even rode him to my elementary school and tied him up in the woods behind the school (1971)....I could ride him saddled or bareback and often took my lead rope, put it around his mouth, draped it over his head and made a single-rein halter (like the Indians rode) and rode him that way....Sigh,,,the good ol days for me

Reactions: krichunaka and Lucy
Let me join in....I come in peace.

Walker always gives the maximum effort....Her injured leg was a detriment to her abilities this past season....If it heals properly, she could be very good back at pg.

Horston plays excellent defense, but outside of driving to the rim, her outside shooting has been less than spectacular...Will she improve, is anyone's guess.

The film I saw on Miles showed her outside shooting to be much improved....I hope it was not an illusion....Her foot speed will be a big asset...

The success of CT, SC, and the other current big dogs of women's college basketball, is among other things, they seem to always have excellent pg play.

Now that we have the 2 new assistants, to help Coach Kellie, in her search for basketball excellence, I anticipate the class of 2022 to have an excellent pg possibility among the new recruits...
basketball-player-positions.jpg

GT, the team will do well if the PG's dish out assists as much as you throw around commas.

In the army we had to run the mile for time. Mine was 5:05 and I ran track (440 yard dash and the 100 yd dash) and played football in HS (receiver, d-back). I wasn't a long distance runner per say, but I do know that only a handful for the battalion I was timed with,, broke 5 minutes.

Dear Lord...........

VN Store

Back