Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but all things end... that rivalry ended a long time ago.
UT/UK will always be bigger to me than UF.

I dislike UF more ( most here know I have a thing for FSU as well)......but for old time Vols fans, the Kentucky “thing” goes back to the War of Northern Aggression.

UT/UK will always be bigger to me than UF.

I dislike UF more ( most here know I have a thing for FSU as well)......but for old time Vols fans, the Kentucky “thing” goes back to the War of Northern Aggression.
I’m old, I just hate Spurrier and Florida more since I’m a Johnson City boy myself.

Reactions: peaygolf
No. That’s Ridiculous!

So based on what you are saying is a 4-5 star in Arkansas, Montana, Nevada, or say Iowa would be a 2-3 star in Tennessee? I saw a lot of HS games when I lived in So Fla. Big time programs like Miami Central, St Thomas Aquinas, Ely, and Cardinal Gibbons. They had 3-4 stars all over the field. Most were rated that high, were so based only by the school they played. A lot were big, fast, and strong, but could not play a lick. Some were phenomenal, and excelled in college and the NFL. Much more than TN, because of the states population, not because they were from Fla. Those schools I mentioned, plus IMG, get kids from all over the south to play for them. Ravenwood is starting to do that....

If you’re dominant in a higher classification in your state, you can play well anywhere.
Chris Donald!

It's my belief that they would have taken them but not too upset they didn't get them. I don't get the impression that they think they were can't miss players that can't be replaced with others.

Volquest said TN will stay in touch, but the commitment is firm right now.

IMHO - Let the season start to play out and that could change.

Pretty much all you can do. Let them have some space then if you have some success in season especially vs Ky dial them up and see what they think

Volquest said TN will stay in touch, but the commitment is firm right now.

IMHO - Let the season start to play out and that could change.
Commitment.....firm? No such thing. It's more a reservation these days.

Reactions: feathersax
I guess I'll be that guy... Heath Shuler and Carl Pickens played 1A in NC. Shawn Bryson played 2A.

Donald was simply overrated for a number of reasons... one of which was ND's strong interest in him.
Absolutely. Always exceptions. Trey Teague and Trey Smith were small school studs.
My point was if you are a stud at the highest division in your state, you would be a stud in any state.

Absolutely. Always exceptions. Trey Teague and Trey Smith were small school studs.
My point was if you are a stud at the highest division in your state, you would be a stud in any state.
I'm not sure why there is such a glut of kids in Florida, GA, CA, OH, LA, and TX, but there is. We can talk about different school sizes or analyze anything we like. That's just history of recruiting. No idea why it is, it just is.

Reactions: peaygolf
I'm not sure why there is such a glut of kids in Florida, GA, CA, OH, LA, and TX, but there is. We can talk about different school sizes or analyze anything we like. That's just history of recruiting. No idea why it is, it just is.
Yep. Always a crap shoot in recruiting. Obviously, there are some "can't miss kids," but I think just as many 3 stars excel as 4 or 5 stars. The schools that get more "blue chip" players have better odds of five or six will be dominant. Schools that only get one 5 star every 2-3 years, better hope that one kid lives up to the hype.

Bama/Clemson get 6-10 5 stars in a two year span............atleast half will pan out. UT only gets one, and it's a flip of the coin.

The Wade brothers are good kids- big Buckeye fans. Good basketball players as well. Their eldest brother is a sr (or graduated last yr) @ Navy.
Saw him play in HS a couple of times.............Dude was really good....in HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back