Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

I wouldn't put money on it, but it could be that both the champions and europa league finals are all english clubs. Obviously two are already set (city/chelsea) and I feel like ManU would really have to screw up to not advance, being up 4 goals already. So there are pretty much three right there. To be seen if arsenal can get the win and advance to the final (hell, 1-0 would do).

Reactions: MAD
If Arsenal win and my Hammers squeeze into finishing 4th we wouldn’t go to CL... would be a huge disappointment. Still a dream season though...⚒

I wouldn't put money on it, but it could be that both the champions and europa league finals are all english clubs. Obviously two are already set (city/chelsea) and I feel like ManU would really have to screw up to not advance, being up 4 goals already. So there are pretty much three right there. To be seen if arsenal can get the win and advance to the final (hell, 1-0 would do).
This pains me...

lol at that arsenal goal vs Chelsea. looks like something we would normally do. but I'll take it - we need all the help we can get

My MLS team was Atlanta, but I never was really feeling that. Now am getting more revved up for NASHVILLE.

EPL ... just can't make myself care about that. Wish they showed more Scottish League games.

Then there is the US national team, but don't get to see them in action often enough.

My MLS team was Atlanta, but I never was really feeling that. Now am getting more revved up for NASHVILLE.

EPL ... just can't make myself care about that. Wish they showed more Scottish League games.

Then there is the US national team, but don't get to see them in action often enough.
I’ve had a hard time getting into the MLS, I have come to the conclusion that I’ll just hope for my hometown to get a team and I’ll start supporting them if it happens. In the mean time Nashville has been a fun surprise, I have been following them and Columbus a little bit. It’s hard to support a EPL team if you don’t find a connection, it wasn’t until I started dating a girl from London that supported Arsenal that I found a team. Hopefully they start showing more Scottish League games, as of now they just show one match a week on ESPN+, which team do you support? Also, there hasn’t been much to get excited about with USMNT, they seem to be going in the wrong direction the last few years.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I don't have one favorite Scottish team. I knew about Celtic vs. Rangers, but have been reading the John Rebus novels set in Edinburgh, so they make lotsa references to Hearts vs. Hibs. If I could watch some games, then could develop a favorite. Thanks for the tip about espn+

I don't have one favorite Scottish team. I knew about Celtic vs. Rangers, but have been reading the John Rebus novels set in Edinburgh, so they make lotsa references to Hearts vs. Hibs. If I could watch some games, then could develop a favorite. Thanks for the tip about espn+
I wasn’t familiar with Hearts vs Hibs until you mentioned it. It looks like a fierce rivalry, I’m going to look into it some more as the history looks very interesting.

Save this link, they are usually pretty good at letting you know which Scottish matches will be played on tv.

Scottish Premiership TV schedule and streaming links - World Soccer Talk

Scottish Premiership TV schedule
All times Eastern USA

Saturday, May 15
07:30 am EDT
Rangers vs. Aberdeen
ESPN+
02:45 pm EDT
Dundee United vs. Raith Rovers
ESPN+

I wasn’t familiar with Hearts vs Hibs until you mentioned it. It looks like a fierce rivalry, I’m going to look into it some more as the history looks very interesting.

Save this link, they are usually pretty good at letting you know which Scottish matches will be played on tv.

Scottish Premiership TV schedule and streaming links - World Soccer Talk

Scottish Premiership TV schedule
All times Eastern USA

Saturday, May 15
07:30 am EDT
Rangers vs. Aberdeen
ESPN+
02:45 pm EDT
Dundee United vs. Raith Rovers
ESPN+
Wow! Awesome!

Sounds like Harry Kane wants out at Spurs. Wonder how they’ll handle it, as he’s still under contract for a few years. I wouldn’t sell him to another English club if I were them.

keep seeing articles about potentially Kane to City and Lewandowski to Chelsea. would be good for both of those clubs, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen (as an arsenal fan)

also, some close games going on today.

it's pretty tight between positions 6-10, so interested to see if there are any last moves in the table (today and this weekend)

(it hurts the gunners' chances a bit, but) congrats to the hammers (and TN Dog) on a clutch come from behind win to put themselves in a good position for European football next season

keep seeing articles about potentially Kane to City and Lewandowski to Chelsea. would be good for both of those clubs, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen (as an arsenal fan)

The Kane deal will be interesting. Levy is saying he doesn’t want to sell him to any PL team, let alone a team like City. Kane has said there are a handful of teams he would be interested in outside of the PL but ultimately wants to stay in PL. Also the Spurs are saying if they sell they want $100-150 mil for him.

I personally hope he doesn’t get sold yet. Kane at City would be scary.

The Kane deal will be interesting. Levy is saying he doesn’t want to sell him to any PL team, let alone a team like City. Kane has said there are a handful of teams he would be interested in outside of the PL but ultimately wants to stay in PL. Also the Spurs are saying if they sell they want $100-150 mil for him.

I personally hope he doesn’t get sold yet. Kane at City would be scary.
I just can’t see any club laying out that kind of money for him. He’ll be 28 at the start of next season so he’s likely at his peak and will start declining within the next 2-3 seasons. Plus, he’s one of those guys who has always had trouble staying fully fit, and that probably won’t improve as he ages. City have already skirted the FFP rules recently, and I doubt the pandemic has helped get that in order.

His contract runs for three more seasons, so Spurs might be okay to hold him for another year and hope maybe he changes his mind if they can get back into CL next season. He’s been with Spurs since he was 11, but it’s totally understandable why he’d want to go elsewhere if they’re not in Europe.

I just can’t see any club laying out that kind of money for him. He’ll be 28 at the start of next season so he’s likely at his peak and will start declining within the next 2-3 seasons. Plus, he’s one of those guys who has always had trouble staying fully fit, and that probably won’t improve as he ages. City have already skirted the FFP rules recently, and I doubt the pandemic has helped get that in order.

His contract runs for three more seasons, so Spurs might be okay to hold him for another year and hope maybe he changes his mind if they can get back into CL next season. He’s been with Spurs since he was 11, but it’s totally understandable why he’d want to go elsewhere if they’re not in Europe.

City doesn’t want to pay that much. they have supposedly talked about adding in a striker for a swap + money deal. I doubt it gets done though.

As for Kane, I don’t blame him one bit. He’s been loyal for a long time. If he feels like it’s time to move on, he should.

Sunday I’m hoping for an Arsenal and Everton win along with a Tottenham lose so we finish just ahead of Spurs but out of the Europa League Conference spot.

Reactions: 71VOL

VN Store

Back