2021 College football national champion

I’m going waaaaaay out on a limb.

North Carolina!
They have the best QB in the country.
6 defensive starters were freshman or sophomores.

I’m going waaaaaay out on a limb.

North Carolina!
They have the best QB in the country.
6 defensive starters were freshman or sophomores.
I do think UNC will wind up in the Outback or Cheez-It Bowls because the Orange Bowl will always take a 10-2 Notre Dame(losses to Wisconsin and USC) team over a 10-3 North Carolina team(losses to Miami,Notre Dame and Clemson in the ACCCG)

I do think UNC will wind up in the Outback or Cheez-It Bowls because the Orange Bowl will always take a 10-2 Notre Dame(losses to Wisconsin and USC) team over a 10-3 North Carolina team(losses to Miami,Notre Dame and Clemson in the ACCCG)
Idk.......I do think UNC is going to be really good, better than ND.
Also think that FSU will be one of the most improved teams in the country. 8-4

Solid QB......finally
Better than solid RB
Good transfers coming in
Norvell is setting a better culture
Do you think Scott Satterfield will be on the hotseat if Louisville has another losing season? He should have stayed at App State until a better school than Louisville came along.

Do you think Scott Satterfield will be on the hotseat if Louisville has another losing season? He should have stayed at App State until a better school than Louisville came along.
Two guys have raised the expectations of Louisville.....Bridgewater and Jackson

Unless the get another one of them, then they are a 6-8 win team....at best

Reactions: Border Vol
I said waaaaay out
I agree they do have a great QB and the schedule sets up pretty nicely . I think they lost too many skill guys though. I think @Border Vol is right about the Heels record. I also think that first game in Blacksburg will be tricky with it being Week 1, a night game, and it being the first game back at full capacity since Covid that place will be nuts. I think if Carolina did somehow make the CFP they would be overwhelmed by a Bama, UGA, Ohio State or an OU.

I agree they do have a great QB and the schedule sets up pretty nicely . I think they lost too many skill guys though. I think @Border Vol is right about the Heels record. I also think that first game in Blacksburg will be tricky with it being Week 1, a night game, and it being the first game back at full capacity since Covid that place will be nuts. I think if Carolina did somehow make the CFP they would be overwhelmed by a Bama, UGA, Ohio State or an OU.
I could see a 9-3 Florida vs 10-3 North Carolina match up in the Outback Bowl

There's only 5 teams (give or take) with the team talent to win it all. From those, who ever gets the best QB play will probably win it all.

It's hard to not see Bama and Georgia as the clear favorites next year though.

There's only 5 teams (give or take) with the team talent to win it all. From those, who ever gets the best QB play will probably win it all.

It's hard to not see Bama and Georgia as the clear favorites next year though.
The more I think about it, the more I feel like it should be UGA next year. Like the UGA guy said , it all depends on if Kirby will let the offense evolve . If UGA ever gets an offense that resembles what we’ve seen from Bama or LSU the past few seasons then they should be the favorite . I don’t think they have the playmakers that Bama and LSU have had on the outside though.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like it should be UGA next year. Like the UGA guy said , it all depends on if Kirby will let the offense evolve . If UGA ever gets an offense that resembles what we’ve seen from Bama or LSU the past few seasons then they should be the favorite . I don’t think they have the playmakers that Bama and LSU have had on the outside though.
Georgia will disappoint it's in their genes. The Georgia fans will be pissed off when they go 11-2 and wind up in the Sugar Bowl and Kirby Smart's seat will get a lot warmer.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Georgia will disappoint it's in their genes. The Georgia fans will be pissed off when they go 11-2 and wind up in the Sugar Bowl and Kirby Smart's seat will get a lot warmer.
I did say “should be Georgia next year”. I definitely didn’t say it would. When it comes to UGA it always isn’t until it is. I would love nothing more for us to be a pain in their ass come November. Don’t know if we’ll be capable of that, but stranger things have happened, especially in UGA’s case.

I'm actually going to pick either:

Bama
Georgia
Clemson
Ohio State
or
Oklahoma
iorx2da.gif

I did say “should be Georgia next year”. I definitely didn’t say it would. When it comes to UGA it always isn’t until it is. I would love nothing more for us to be a pain in their ass come November. Don’t know if we’ll be capable of that, but stranger things have happened, especially in UGA’s case.
Agreed. OU seems like another team that hasn’t broken through, but could this year. Doubt Sark can realistically push them in year 1, but Texas does have talent. OU has been similar to UGA in dropping ridiculous games. Definitely is a “if not now then when” season for both Riley and Smart.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Agreed. OU seems like another team that hasn’t broken through, but could this year. Doubt Sark can realistically push them in year 1, but Texas does have talent. OU has been similar to UGA in dropping ridiculous games. Definitely is a “if not now then when” season for both Riley and Smart.
Unlike Georgia OU will be in the Playoffs but as usual will lose in the Semifinals to Alabama,Clemson or Ohio State.

A&M returns 9 players on defense, including 3 “super senior” starters (Myles Jones, CB, Aaron Hansford, LB, and Jayden Peevey, DT). They also return all their skill position players and have some talent on the OL (AA Kenyon Green, Luke Matthews - sob of NFL HOF Bruce Matthews, and TN transfer Jahmir Johnson). Johnson and Green will start at tackle.

Spiller should be one of the best rbs in the nation, and Devon Achane (Orange Bowl MVP) and Ainias Smith add some razzle dazzle to the offense. Haynes King has far more upside than Mond - is more athletic and throws a more catchable ball. He’s also one of the 3 fastest players on the team - an added bonus at the QB position. They have ‘Bama at home - I expect at least a 10-2 type season. Just way too much talent on the team.

Unlike Georgia OU will be in the Playoffs but as usual will lose in the Semifinals to Alabama,Clemson or Ohio State.
Even though it feels like this season is more open with bama, Clemson, and OSU breaking in new QB’s, I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see all 3 back in the playoffs. Don’t think anyone challenges OSU in the big 10, though I don’t know much about their conference. UGA will most likely be the only regular season ranked game for Clemson, so as long as they get by a much less talented UNC in their conference championship they’re good. Then bama is bama. OU will have a much easier road than UGA, so they are a safer bet.

Though these hypothetical situations never play out, I wonder who the committee would send between a 1 loss non conference champ UGA and a 1 loss conference champ Clemson, with the loss being to UGA.

Even though it feels like this season is more open with bama, Clemson, and OSU breaking in new QB’s, I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see all 3 back in the playoffs. Don’t think anyone challenges OSU in the big 10, though I don’t know much about their conference. UGA will most likely be the only regular season ranked game for Clemson, so as long as they get by a much less talented UNC in their conference championship they’re good. Then bama is bama. OU will have a much easier road than UGA, so they are a safer bet.

Though these hypothetical situations never play out, I wonder who the committee would send between a 1 loss non conference champ UGA and a 1 loss conference champ Clemson, with the loss being to UGA.
OU will win their conference easily Iowa State is overrated in my opinion.

A three way tie between Georgia,Clemson and OU would be a real clusterfrick:rolleyes:

VN Store

Back