'22 TN LB Elijah Herring (Tennessee signee)

giphy.gif
I love that show

Reactions: Border Vol
It’s a good show, but with some bad historical inaccuracies.

On that show, read Washington Spies by Brian Kilmeade.
This is true. It is accurate enough to be incredibly entertaining, but the romanticized parts of it are certainly taken with a great deal of artistic license.

This is true. It is accurate enough to be incredibly entertaining, but the romanticized parts of it are certainly taken with a great deal of artistic license.
Yep, that specifically. That said, wonderful watch. I actually really like how they treated the Major John Andre affair.

Reactions: cncchris33
And how no one is 100% a villain or hero. There are layers.
It’s all perspective on subjects like that. I’m in SC for work training right now, and being 30 min from Kings Mountain I took the opportunity to check it out (been wanting to for years). The differences between an American defending the Crown (would have been called Conservative) and those calling themselves Patriots (Liberal) would have been a very fine line. I know which side I would have been on, but I can understand why others chose how they did, or even those who made no decision.

Reactions: butchna
It’s all perspective on subjects like that. I’m in SC for work training right now, and being 30 min from Kings Mountain I took the opportunity to check it out (been wanting to for years). The differences between an American defending the Crown (would have been called Conservative) and those calling themselves Patriots (Liberal) would have been a very fine line. I know which side I would have been on, but I can understand why others chose how they did, or even those who made no decision.
John Simcoe was portrayed as evil and weaselish up until the last season but he’s a hero in Canada. Retired as a General and then served as Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada where he introduced institutions such as courts of law, trial by jury, English common law, and freehold land tenure, and also the abolition of slavery in Canada. I wonder just how much of his story was artistic license.

Reactions: UTMVol76
John Simcoe was portrayed as evil and weaselish up until the last season but he’s a hero in Canada. Retired as a General and then served as Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada where he introduced institutions such as courts of law, trial by jury, English common law, and freehold land tenure, and also the abolition of slavery in Canada. I wonder just how much of his story was artistic license.
Full disclosure, I work for a Canadian company. Not sure what that means lol!

That everyone needs to understand that after the American Revolution the Loyalists went to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick to resettle. Now, to them Simcoe would be a hero, but to us he was a brute. That said, Canadiens hate us, and if I didn’t know that I wouldn’t understand why!

VN Store

Back