Juwan Mitchell Texas LB Transfer COMMITS!

Juwan may be a bigger help to Tennessee than Henry T was last season since it sounds like he's a better linebacker

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to have him. It’s just one of the more comical things to watch on VN, fury at our own guys transferring and calling them disloyal, etc, then embracing a guy who just did that to another program to come here.

Committed to the Vols!

“Mitchell led Texas in tackles last season with 62. He also had 4.5 tackles for loss, one quarterback hurry, one pass breakup, and one fumble recovery for the Longhorns defense. Mitchell also started five games for Texas during his first season with the program back in 2019.”

He will have 2 seasons of eligibility left
Has anyone determined why he left Texas for the Vols. Any issues?

Funny watching the same people who bashed Henry To for leaving because of a lack of loyalty welcome this dude with open arms
I think part of that is because many *suspect* that Henry T was one of the payers that the Pruitt scumbags were paying to play. While most fans don't blame a player for taking money as much as they do the coach that offered the money, there are still fewer warm, fuzzy feelings for the hired guns. We assume that Heupel didn't buy this Texas linebacker.

Awesome news! How many more transfers can we take? Anybody know?
I was curious too.

Looks like there is a 25 scholarship limit per year which applies no matter how the player arrives on the team (hs recruit, transfer, etc).
We had 21 commitments and a handful of preferred walk ons. We've lost, or will lose a couple of those commitments.

Looks like we can take at least 5 or 6 scholarship transfers this year. I assume the transfers count towards the 2021 class.

So Oklahoma takes our skilled position players and depletes our roster , and we help them out even more by taking their main rivals best tackler ? JK great pick up for us where we needed it .
I wish a safety or cornerback would transfer to Tennessee

Reactions: 0nelilreb
I was curious too.

Looks like there is a 25 scholarship limit per year which applies no matter how the player arrives on the team (hs recruit, transfer, etc).
We had 21 commitments and a handful of preferred walk ons. We've lost, or will lose a couple of those commitments.

Looks like we can take at least 5 or 6 scholarship transfers this year. I assume the transfers count towards the 2021 class.
Thanks for the info McDad!

Reactions: McDad
He sucks. Texas defense sucks

He’ll play though since we literally have 4 linebackers on the roster including Barron

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to have him. It’s just one of the more comical things to watch on VN, fury at our own guys transferring and calling them disloyal, etc, then embracing a guy who just did that to another program to come here.

I hear ya, but that is a vocal minority. I think most of us are in the camp I'm in - I don't blame a single player for transferring out of this dumpster fire if it betters their NFL chances or overall career chances. If and when we manage to run a tight, well managed program, with appropriate player development, then I may be a small bit more negative. But for now, I'm psyched we got a LB - we need LBs very BADLY, and welcome the young man to Knoxville!!!

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1
Generally speaking I think Henry T is better against the run. Hard to say on pass defense as I think most of HT’s struggle there was attributed to JP’s defense. Felt like I was watching a 90s defense try to defend the spread.
How much have you watched this guy play? I only saw a few highlight videos but he looked fast and filled well.

I'm not sure why Henry T left. There were times when he didn't seem to like Pruitt so it is kind of a head scratcher unless it was related to the violations.... or maybe his girlfriend broke up with him....

I'm not sure why Henry T left. There were times when he didn't seem to like Pruitt so it is kind of a head scratcher unless it was related to the violations.... or maybe his girlfriend broke up with him....
Theyre definitely still together

Hardy maybe for the defensive line. If we keep plugging away find five or six more guys we may be able to field a decent defense. I have no problem with the offense as is. We still need more bodies on defense.

Henry T left because he's most likely in the thick of the current problems Tennessee will have with the NCAA

giphy (31).gif

images.jpg

Great pick up. Regardless if he isn't 1st team, we need experience and depth. It would be amazing to pick up one more

Not that hard to understand. If your girlfriend dumps you it’s ok to be pissed and no longer be a big fan of her. If a girl breaks up with another dude to be with you, she’s awesome. Simple really

VN Store

Back