2021 NFL Draft Thread

Well G O D DAMN @Lane Train 4 and @Vol49er , y’all are THE NDSU gurus. Who did they beat worth a ****? Also, how in the hell could they’ve beat us. 😂😂😂
They beat every team they played last year. They beat a nationally ranked Iowa team just a few years ago in Iowa. Youre very much overestimating the gap between the best FCS teams and the worst FBS teams. NDSU, with their players who opted out of the spring season, would have been strongly favored to beat us, for good reason

My panthers picked a freaking longsnapper a few spots ahead of the Trey Smith pick. Pathetic.

I think Smith will have a good career with Kansas City.

Atlanta gets a B plus for their draft as they filled their needs.

Is Mackenzie still there? Or is he at another team?
No...he is currently with Cincy on the practice squad. Last season he was put on the active roster 2-3 times due to injuries.....After KC he went to Seattle practice squad for a season then went to the DC Defenders and LA Wildcats of that new league that folded after 1 season (actually didn't make it a full season IIRC). After that he went back to Seattle for a season on the practice squad.

While many are dooming Trey for his low draft slot, Jaguars signed Dylan Moses as an UDFA.
There’s just no benefit to staying in school for your senior year anymore if you can get in the league as a junior. You almost always hurt your draft stock by staying. Arian Foster could’ve been a 2nd round pick as a junior but decided to stay at UT and he ended up undrafted.

There’s just no benefit to staying in school for your senior year anymore if you can get in the league as a junior. You almost always hurt your draft stock by staying. Arian Foster could’ve been a 2nd round pick as a junior but decided to stay at UT and he ended up undrafted.
He MIGHT have been a and rounder. Everything worked out fine for Arian

He MIGHT have been a and rounder. Everything worked out fine for Arian
He definitely would’ve been drafted as a junior and he’s very lucky things worked out like they did for him, because most UDFAs never gain traction. He still lost a lot of money on his first contract by staying in school.

Trey would’ve been undrafted if he had declared last year.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
They beat every team they played last year. They beat a nationally ranked Iowa team just a few years ago in Iowa. Youre very much overestimating the gap between the best FCS teams and the worst FBS teams. NDSU, with their players who opted out of the spring season, would have been strongly favored to beat us, for good reason
LOL. They beat Iowa State in 2014. They beat Iowa in 2016. Still waiting for that list of all their SEC victims. But whatevs.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
He definitely would’ve been drafted as a junior and he’s very lucky things worked out like they did for him, because most UDFAs never gain traction. He still lost a lot of money on his first contract by staying in school.
He actually didn't "lose" any money. And his second contract was huge. Maybe by not being drafted, he was even more motivated to do well

Reactions: butchna
LOL. They beat Iowa State in 2014. They beat Iowa in 2016. Still waiting for that list of all their SEC victims. But whatevs.
FBS teams don't schedule them anymore cause there is a great chance they'll get beat. Y'all are blinded by your orange tinted glasses. You do know we lost to Georgia State and BYU the last year we played non-conference games?
They also beat a James Madison team in 2019 (their last regular season not marred by opt outs) that beat West Virginia

Last edited:
FBS teams don't schedule them anymore cause there is a great chance they'll get beat. Y'all are blinded by your orange tinted glasses. You do know we lost to Georgia State and BYU the last year we played non-conference games?
They also beat a James Madison team in 2019 (their last regular season not marred by opt outs) that beat West Virginia
We lost to GSU and BYU? You should start a thread!

Bryce Thompson finally got signed saints undrafted free agent. Siap

I think if he had stayed another year at UT, he would have gotten drafted. I will always remember that 3 interception game albeit against UAB, it was pretty impressive and that was the last home game I attended. Looking forward to getting back into Neyland this year

They would have beat us.

In the first two games we were decent and we may have beaten them without turning the ball over, but I think if we played them after the UGA we definitely get beat.

Trey Lance vs JG

Sooner or later, these organizations are going to have to grow a pair. I'd let Rodgers rot
Funny you have no idea wtf is going on behind the scenes but you'd let one of the best of all time rot. Go kiss muschumps ring some more

Funny you have no idea wtf is going on behind the scenes but you'd let one of the best of all time rot. Go kiss muschumps ring some more

I'm not trading one of the greatest of all time and watching him play for someone else.

I've seen all the talking heads and think they are dead wrong. It's admittedly a guess. I generally feel like he thinks he's been disrespected. It's a series of things. The previous coach, the drafting of an heir apparent, not going for it down 8 in the NFC title game and kicking the FG, etc.

But, this nonsense that the Packers don't do anything for him and that they don't give him anything is bull. They arguably have the best WR in football today. They have a RB who averaged 5.5 ypc and is great in his own right. They have a slew of other good playmakers and they have a solid offensive line.

Now, I know Rodgers makes it all go. But, there is nowhere to trade him where he has it better than what he's got in Green Bay.

So, if I am the Packer organization, I am not bowing down to the demand of the player here. You can play here or you can retire. But, I'm not trading you.

And I don't feel sorry for Aaron one bit as unlike some other players, he's actually been given plenty of tools to work with.

Some of their players say exactly this - Saban's scrimmages were tougher than some of the games
It's true we've had piss poor development but day in/day out the Bama secondary was practicing against, over the years, Jerry Juedy, Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Waddle, Smith, etc.

If you survive that sort of talent in practice, you're either getting better or "you can take some reps with special teams......"

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
You’re basing it off of draft pick order? Hahahahaha. We would’ve smashed NDSU.

Lol stop. We got beat by Georgia Southern and BYU in 2019, and we were a better team in 2019 than 2020.

We weren't beating NDSU last year.

VN Store

Back