Amari Rogers

Had it not been for Butch we would have probably ended up with Lawrence, Higgins and Rogers. Thanks Lyle

Clemson made the playoffs all four seasons (2017-2020) he was there with two appearances in the National Championship game and and won the title in 2018.

UT's record 2017-2020 = 20-27
Clemson's 2017-2020 = 51-4

Can't fault the kid's logic.

Tennessee legacy Amari Rodgers on why he chose Clemson over UT: ‘I wanted to win’. Was this really necessary to take a cheap shot at us? We get it we have pretty much sucked since you were in the 5th grade, just move along.

The first step in correcting a problem is to realize that you have a problem. If public embarrassment and ridicule is what is needed to remind our administration that the correction of 12+ years of ineptitude still needs a LOT of work, then so be it.

The first step in correcting a problem is to realize that you have a problem. If public embarrassment and ridicule is what is needed to remind our administration that the correction of 12+ years of ineptitude still needs a LOT of work, then so be it.
So you think we don't know there is a problem? There has been a problem for 15 years. The University made little effort to correct the problem. I think the current Administration realized the problem and are doing something about it. However, the problem has been neglected for so long, it will take a few years to get back into the mix. Those who don't realize the size of the problem need to prepare for lean years for the football for a few years. I am not that concerned about the players who are in the portal because they are likely a big part of the attitude problem which has riddled our football team. I am impressed wit the changes which have been made at my University in the las 18-24 months. We have new leadership from the President down to the assistants to the assistants. The train is moving but it has a long long way to go. Let's help push it toward the summit rather than throwing more orders on the tracks.

So you think we don't know there is a problem? There has been a problem for 15 years. The University made little effort to correct the problem. I think the currhttps://estatesales.org/estate-sales/tn/loudon-/37774/estate-sale-by-premiere-consignment-1896761 ent Administration realized the problem and are doing something about it. However, the problem has been neglected for so long, it will take a few years to get back into the mix. Those who don't realize the size of the problem need to prepare for lean years for the football for a few years. I am not that concerned about the players who are in the portal because they are likely a big part of the attitude problem which has riddled our football team. I am impressed wit the changes which have been made at my University in the las 18-24 months. We have new leadership from the President down to the assistants to the assistants. The train is moving but it has a long long way to go. Let's help push it toward the summit rather than throwing more orders on the tracks.

I think DW is in a good place to oversee the trendlines for football to improve. He cannot neglect the other sports, and must provide leadership, support and money to keep the trendlines sustaining or going up, but he can concentrate most of his efforts on mitigating the NCAA response to our football issues and helping our staff turn it around through the penalty phases we anticipate. Would love massive strides, but it is a bit foolhardy to anticipate or mandate them. The new uncertainties of the transfer portal can make it volatile in either direction. Limited initial counters will have their cost without miracles. Possibilities should not be confused with probabilities. These latest additional losses at some key positions are what they are and most seem unavoidable by actions of the current staff. We are where we are.

Tennessee has been irrelevant nearly 15 years, logging 8 seasons under .500, and just three season over 7 wins. We traded a guy who refused or couldn't adapt, for four successive bums on the cheap, displaying a spectacular, institutional appetite for mediocrity. If I had a talented kid with the opp to play for Clemson instead, I'd beg him not to have wasted himself on TN's football funeral pyre of dysfunction. Obviously, the AD would not be loving him in return.

Acknowledging those nasty facts is not taking a cheap shot, but simply being observant.
We haven't been nationally relevant in 20 years

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
"I wanted to take the easy way out and be another spoke on a wheel because I have no pride."

Reactions: OllVol
different motivations for diff people. personally If i had been that gifted athletically; id have wanted to be part of the rennaissance. But had I met Butch, that may have changed. Dude is an asshat.

"But had I met Butch" is the key part there. Who would want to play for Butch or Pruitt? I have a hard time blaming anyone who said, "no thanks." It took listening to those guys for about one minute to realize they were complete buffoons.

Then again, Dabo is a total jackass too.

But I do have hope for Heupel. He seems like an intelligent, sentient being, which is a step up from the last couple of guys. If only we hadn't knee-capped the program.

"But had I met Butch" is the key part there. Who would want to play for Butch or Pruitt? I have a hard time blaming anyone who said, "no thanks." It took listening to those guys for about one minute to realize they were complete buffoons.

Then again, Dabo is a total jackass too.

But I do have hope for Heupel. He seems like an intelligent, sentient being, which is a step up from the last couple of guys. If only we hadn't knee-capped the program.
Id want to have play for Tennessee...meeting those fewls would push me to UTC.

Higgins a 5 star recruit out of Oak Ridge who committed to Tennessee then switched to Clemson?

I want somebody lined up against the wall and shot for just that!

No secret here. Tee Martin hated Lyle, so I doubt he was going to try to persuade his own kid to play for a coach that he felt was an idiot.

Jones offered to Rodgers and Higgins.

He should have offered to Lawrence and Etienne.

Jones's offense did not really lend itself to wide receivers that wanted to put up big numbers and be the guy.

Well, Palmer was selected before him, so does that mean Palmer was a better player or did he get better coaching. I think Rogers was higher rated coming out of HS.

Possibly the difference between 6'2" and 5'10".

VN Store

Back