I didn't realize it was this bad...

This is why all these people acting like we can just roll our helmets out there and beat Pitt, USCjr., Vandy or really anyone are not dealing in reality. We can't take anyone for granted. 6-6 would be a GREAT record for this team.
Lol. Who cares??

We gonna beat all three.

You worried what 99gator and Jaws are gonna say about it? I'll make sure they both know that you vehemently disagree with me.

Reactions: Woke
SEC's past 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) total NFL Draft picks:

Bama: 29
LSU: 24
Georgia: 23
Florida: 19
Auburn: 15
Texas AM: 13
Kentucky: 13
South Carolina: 11
Miss State: 11
Missouri: 10
Ole Miss: 8
Arkansas: 6
Vanderbilt: 4
Tennessee: 4

-Edited through 6th round of draft
If you really want to put it into perspective, look how far down the list we are when we are when you look outside the sec.

Reactions: Catbone
This is why all these people acting like we can just roll our helmets out there and beat Pitt, USCjr., Vandy or really anyone are not dealing in reality. We can't take anyone for granted. 6-6 would be a GREAT record for this team.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. IF we win six games, and make it to a bowl, I'll jog down Shipley Ferry Rd, buck-ass nekkid. I have the bail money stashed away, just in-case. :p

How is an NFL team taking some undrafted players who were poorly developed at UT, and turning them into NFL players, a good thing for UT?

Again...UT has been a place where talent goes unnoticed and undeveloped.
UT is where NFL scouts go to find bargain basement players, that ball-out, after they get coached -up.

Reactions: davethevol
While you're at it Mr Negative...
Did you know that 6 Vols in that span that weren't drafted are now starters solid NFL Contributors?
Tuttle (Saints) - Starter
Phillips (Jets) Rotation starter
Bituli (Panthers) rotation
Callaway (Saints) rotation
J Johnson )Pats) rotation
Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

by Tennessee standards that is still not good enough. But the reality is Vols are still getting into the NFL.
Tennessee is down. Why do YOU go out of your way to make it seem worst than it is??
What satisfaction do you get from that???!

2018 class Alone (7 players) (yeah I noticed you left them out for some "reason")
- John Kelly (Rams) active roster
- Gaulden (Panthers) backup
- Vickers (Raiders) backup
- Mosley (49ers) rotation starter
- E Wolfe (Saints) backup
- K Mac (Bengals) Backup
- AJ Johnson ( Broncos) Starter

So counting Jennings- The Tennessee Volunteers have put 14 players in the NFL the past 4 years so far...
Getting into the NFL on an undrafted free agent minimum contract is a great recruiting tool. We should have kept Butch or Pruitt

Did you know that 6 Vols in that span that weren't drafted are now starters solid NFL Contributors?
Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

by Tennessee standards that is still not good enough. But the reality is Vols are still getting into the NFL.
Tennessee is down. Why do YOU go out of your way to make it seem worst than it is??

2018 class Alone (7 players) (yeah I noticed you left them out for some "reason")
- K Mac (Bengals) Backup

So counting Jennings- The Tennessee Volunteers have put 14 players in the NFL the past 4 years so far...

Nice sheen on that turd polish 💩

Getting into the NFL on an undrafted free agent minimum contract is a great recruiting tool. We should have kept Butch or Pruitt
I was thinking.....Telling a recruit to come to UT and we'll get you to the NFL as a undrafted free agent is probably not what they want to hear.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

Miss State: 12

-Finished, edited through Round 7
UT has a special atmosphere. I ran track for UNC and we went to UT for track meets (Tom Black) several times a year. I always thought, wow, this place is really beautiful and the people are nice. And unlike UNC, fans really care about football. A coach that realizes that UT has a lot to offer and a strong fan base can still lever UT's advantages to gain recruits. Stop in Knoxville, look around, it is not an impossible task to get really good players to attend. I hope things get better.

It is even more depressing when you consider the raw talent that has entered this University and that has actually REGRESSED instead of being developed. Great coaches take coal and turning into diamonds. Our coaches have taken superstars and made them into nobodies.

Reactions: Tnphil and McDad
UT has a special atmosphere. I ran track for UNC and we went to UT for track meets (Tom Black) several times a year. I always thought, wow, this place is really beautiful and the people are nice. And unlike UNC, fans really care about football. A coach that realizes that UT has a lot to offer and a strong fan base can still lever UT's advantages to gain recruits. Stop in Knoxville, look around, it is not an impossible task to get really good players to attend. I hope things get better.

The right guy can win big at Tennessee.

I guess the main debate is how long does it take for the right guy to turn something like this around. I would make the argument that in its current situation, even with the right guy, there's still going to be a couple more years that are painful.

And that's before we know if there's anything then NCAA is going to do.

Check your math. It seems to be off by 1. But I’m not sure where. Other than that

The better question is how many of Pruitt’s recruits have or will be drafted? Palmer and Smith were Butch’s recruits. Bryce Thompson was his best chance thus far. Eric Gray and Henry T are his best bets for next year or 2023. As bad as Butch was, he produced several draft picks in 2016 and 2017

Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

- K Mac (Bengals) Backup

Oh for crying out loud, they are right. Tennessee sucks. We need to get better. Let’s see what this staff can do. End of story.

We have an elite total history.
We have a tragic recent history.
We were elite during the Neyland era and the first 6-8 years of PF so most of the history we were not elite. If you go 20+ years with out being elite then you do not have an elite program.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Lol. Who cares??

We gonna beat all three.

You worried what 99gator and Jaws are gonna say about it? I'll make sure they both know that you vehemently disagree with me.
My perspective is that Heupel needs time, 5 years at least, we've got to break the cycle of the coach being on the hot seat by year 3, which is where I think we are heading if people honestly believe this 3-7 team that lost most of it's best players and a recruiting class that also lost most of it's higher rated players is going to win 7, 8, 9 games. Maybe I'm wrong but with the looming sanctions hanging over our heads I suspect it'll be at least year 3 before Heupel is on a recruiting field that is even level with the one Pruitt and Butch inherited on day 1. So if we go 6-6 I think that'll be a great season imo. We just can't take anybody for granted. Anything over 6 wins would be gravy in my book.

My perspective is that Heupel needs time, 5 years at least, we've got to break the cycle of the coach being on the hot seat by year 3, which is where I think we are heading if people honestly believe this 3-7 team that lost most of it's best players and a recruiting class that also lost most of it's higher rated players is going to win 7, 8, 9 games. Maybe I'm wrong but with the looming sanctions hanging over our heads I suspect it'll be at least year 3 before Heupel is on a recruiting field that is even level with the one Pruitt and Butch inherited on day 1. So if we go 6-6 I think that'll be a great season imo. We just can't take anybody for granted. Anything over 6 wins would be gravy in my book.

I'll be ecstatic if we win 6 games next year.

If you didn't recognize the depths to which we've fallen, you've not been paying attention. This debacle got its start in 2001 vs lsu and it's been on the skids, with an exception or two, ever since.

VN Store

Back