Amari Rogers

I don't think it was a cheap shot. It was a fact. Clemson over Tennessee - - not much of a decision for a 18-19 year old kid.
In many ways it was a cheap shot. Anyone can word their statements without shooting down he home town University, especially the one where hid dad played. He burned the bridges and throw away the ashes in his last statement. I have no use for him, but I will say that he did not fall very far from the tree.

Reactions: onevol74
Well, Palmer was selected before him, so does that mean Palmer was a better player or did he get better coaching. I think Rogers was higher rated coming out of HS.
I don't know if you could say one or the other. Palmer wasn't really on anyone's board till he showed out at Senior Bowl practice. My guess is his ability was just hidden by abysmal qb play and offense production. Had he been in a more productive offense, like Clemson for example, he may have been a 1000 yard receiver and ended up getting drafted much earlier.

I wouldn't read too much into who is better because one guy was selected a few picks in front of the other in the 3rd round.

I don't know if you could say one or the other. Palmer wasn't really on anyone's board till he showed out at Senior Bowl practice. My guess is his ability was just hidden by abysmal qb play and offense production. Had he been in a more productive offense, like Clemson for example, he may have been a 1000 yard receiver and ended up getting drafted much earlier.

I wouldn't read too much into who is better because one guy was selected a few picks in front of the other when they both went in the 3rd round.
So they did. I would take Palmer because of his attitude. Or, I might say I would not take Rogers because of his attitude.

This is why people thinking Arch Manning would even consider TN is just crazy. Going to a school that's got a strong winning leadership in place is the best thing a good athlete can do for themselves.

Coming to a place with turmoil, without a strong coaching unit in place, and not winning isn't something Rogers had to do and it won't be something Arch Manning considers.

Heupel can begin to restore the Vols and provide long-term leadership but will he get the chance?

Do I go to the school that plays for championships and develops QBs/WRs into Day 1 prospects or do I go to the school that has Butch Jones coaching with limited QB/WR development and guys like AK on the bench....

He’s not wrong. What stunk was how he negatively recruited against us to flip Tee Higgins and Hunter Johnson.
Rumor has it that it was actually Butch Jones who flipped Tee Higgins to Clemson. Also Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne. They were all in until they met Jones.

Reactions: onevol74
I personally think all players who considered us or Tn was their Dream school , needs to say this out loud. Let our higher up people hear how bad they have ruined this program. Kids want to win at the end of the day. They can be coached by some of the best out there anywhere and make it to the NFL. However , winning is a reason to go there. I’m sure none of us would choose a losing program either. So yeah . I’m happy he said what needed to be said so we can stop making the same mistakes year after year or in our case ever 4-5 years . I’m sure they’re kids who want to come to Tn , but want to win have fun, enjoy college and not be so miserable.

Reactions: VolNExile
Both Rogers and Tee Higgins signed with Clemson...kind of like back in the day when we would cherry pick talent out of the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia, etc...

Both Rogers and Tee Higgins signed with Clemson...kind of like back in the day when we would cherry pick talent out of the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia, etc...
This is because Clemson hijacked our football program. They are us back in the Mid 90’s early 2000’s without having an in conference nemesis . It’s a sad reality.

Reactions: Vols919 and Sarms58
Hire coaches that develop players, and get players that want to be challenged and developed.

"I knew I was going to be coached and turned into a player that I knew I could be. Going there with Coach (Dabo) Swinney, with him being a receivers coach at heart, I knew I’d be pushed to be a great receiver every single day by him. Coach (Tyler) Grisham my last year did a great job coaching me up, too. So I knew I was going to be coached by the best of the best and play against the best of the best, so that’s why I went there."

Reactions: VolNExile
You have got to be kidding me.
Actually Jones blew off Lawrence during a visit and said he didn’t fit his offense. It’s one thing to lose Lawrence to a better program. But to say you can’t figure out how to use him? That’s why Butch has been running errands for 3 years rather than coaching.

Actually Jones blew off Lawrence during a visit and said he didn’t fit his offense. It’s one thing to lose Lawrence to a better program. But to say you can’t figure out how to use him? That’s why Butch has been running errands for 3 years rather than coaching.

well it was a given that Butch wouldn’t adjust his offense (or defense) to fit the roster...

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Question asked and answered. See nothing wrong here.

I don't think it was a cheap shot. It was a fact. Clemson over Tennessee - - not much of a decision for a 18-19 year old kid.
Now, wait a minute... for an 18-19 year old who grew up in Knoxville, it is not as much of a sure thing. What has caught my attention in the past, is that Amari Rodgers has said that he was never a Vol fan and he doesn't care that there is a street in Knoxville named for his dad. Rogers seems to even resent Tennessee a little bit. It's possible that family drama played a role with this kid.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back