I didn't realize it was this bad...

That's what I keep saying the talent Gap is ginormous, I don't give a damn if Saban was coaching us it would take a couple years at least of talent to get close to those teams!! Been saying this for years

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
SEC's past 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) total NFL Draft picks:

Bama: 28
Georgia: 22
LSU: 21
Florida: 18
Auburn: 14
Texas AM: 13
Miss State: 10
Kentucky: 10
Missouri: 10
South Carolina: 9
Ole Miss: 8
Arkansas: 5
Vanderbilt: 4
Tennessee: 3 (If Trey Smith is drafted would make it 4)

-Edited through 6th round of draft

its been bad in Knoxville for the last 13 years. Did not need to see draft results... check out SEC results since end of 2007 season.. SEC only games

Alabama 95 11 90%
Georgia 75 30 71%
Florida 71 35 68%
LSU 70 35 66%
Texas A&M* 42 31 57%
Auburn 56 50 52%
Missouri * 35 38 49%
South Carolina 51 55 48%
Mississippi St 44 61 43%
Mississippi 39 65 37%
Tennessee 36 70 34%
Arkansas 33 71 32%
Kentucky 33 73 31%
Vanderbilt 26 79 25%

Reactions: Catbone
While you're at it Mr Negative...
Did you know that 6 Vols in that span that weren't drafted are now starters solid NFL Contributors?
Tuttle (Saints) - Starter
Phillips (Jets) Rotation starter
Bituli (Panthers) rotation
Callaway (Saints) rotation
J Johnson )Pats) rotation
Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

by Tennessee standards that is still not good enough. But the reality is Vols are still getting into the NFL.
Tennessee is down. Why do YOU go out of your way to make it seem worst than it is??
What satisfaction do you get from that???!

2018 class Alone (7 players) (yeah I noticed you left them out for some "reason")
- John Kelly (Rams) active roster
- Gaulden (Panthers) backup
- Vickers (Raiders) backup
- Mosley (49ers) rotation starter
- E Wolfe (Saints) backup
- K Mac (Bengals) Backup
- AJ Johnson ( Broncos) Starter

So counting Jennings- The Tennessee Volunteers have put 14 players in the NFL the past 4 years so far...

How is an NFL team taking some undrafted players who were poorly developed at UT, and turning them into NFL players, a good thing for UT?

Again...UT has been a place where talent goes unnoticed and undeveloped.

This is why all these people acting like we can just roll our helmets out there and beat Pitt, USCjr., Vandy or really anyone are not dealing in reality. We can't take anyone for granted. 6-6 would be a GREAT record for this team.
We did beat Vandy and USC with Beldar as our coach...and JG at QB
Pitt is actually a better team imo than both of them.
I watched their spring game. They have some nice looking pieces. Especially at RB.

(5 auto wins with our new staff)
Bowling Green
South Alabama
Vandy
USCjr
Tenn TECH

(2 Slightly favored)
Pitt
Kentucky (yes we are)

(2 swing games)
Mizzou
Ole Miss

(3 underdog games)
UGA
UF
Bama

anywhere from 7-5 to 9-3

Last edited:
Did you know that 6 Vols in that span that weren't drafted are now starters solid NFL Contributors?
Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

by Tennessee standards that is still not good enough. But the reality is Vols are still getting into the NFL.
Tennessee is down. Why do YOU go out of your way to make it seem worst than it is??

2018 class Alone (7 players) (yeah I noticed you left them out for some "reason")
- K Mac (Bengals) Backup

So counting Jennings- The Tennessee Volunteers have put 14 players in the NFL the past 4 years so far...
Comparing drafted players is an apples to apples comparison though. Somebody needs to dig up the undrafted numbers for the other 13 teams in the conference and add those to their drafted players in order for us to evaluate what our undrafted numbers mean, if anything.

Comparing drafted players is an apples to apples comparison though. Somebody needs to dig up the undrafted numbers for the other 13 teams in the conference and add those to their drafted players in order for us to evaluate what our undrafted numbers mean, if anything.
Bingo

Reactions: PNW Huskie
How is an NFL team taking some undrafted players who were poorly developed at UT, and turning them into NFL players, a good thing for UT?

Again...UT has been a place where talent goes unnoticed and undeveloped.

They didn't just magically learn to play football as soon as they went to training camp...
I was simply pointing out that his post was extremely slanted, and deceptive.

I admitted UT was down. He's post is making it seem like 3 players have went into the NFL the past 3 years only. And then for his own lame, depressed reasons neglected to add the 2018 Vols that put 7 in alone that one year...and they're still there.

Look at Kentucky. This is why players are picking them vs us. If we find the RIGHT coach we hate to give him some time. No, Pruitt, Jones and Dooley were not the right coach.

Ummmmmm, he said ‘drafted’. That’s a fairly well accepted standard. And, all the ‘14 players in 4 years’ reiterates is how poorly we’ve done when Bama and uga put 14 guys (combined) in the first 3 rounds this year.

Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

- K Mac (Bengals) Backup

And that's still hot dog ****. The fact you are trying to put lipstick on this pig is ridiculous.

Easy to find but I'm not counting them... I tried not to look at their names because it brings back some bad memories....

2021 Alabama Crimson Tide in the NFL | Ourlads.com

For what it's worth, talking about our lack of talent/lack of development for the last decade might just convince those expecting a 10 win season in year 3 is ludicrous. Ahh.. who am I kidding... a 5-7 record in year 2 will bring out the head hunters.

SEC's past 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) total NFL Draft picks:

Bama: 28
Georgia: 22
LSU: 22
Florida: 19
Auburn: 14
Texas AM: 13
Kentucky: 12
Miss State: 10
Missouri: 10
South Carolina: 10
Ole Miss: 8
Arkansas: 6
Vanderbilt: 4
Tennessee: 3 (If Trey Smith is drafted would make it 4)

-Edited through 6th round of draft
Now line up the draft picks with the class rankings from 3-4 years prior and you’ll see attrition and lack of player development have killed this team. Yet every year you’ll get people that don’t understand why we get blown out by Bama, UGA, and UF.

VN Store

Back