Amari Rogers

There's nothing wrong with his statements. It's a motivating factor for recruits.

“They did, they offered me a scholarship,” Rodgers said of Tennessee, per Matt Connolly of ClemsonSports.com. “I went to Clemson because I wanted to win, plain and simple. That’s really what I wanted to do. I wanted to go to a program that I knew was a winning program and that I knew I was going to be coached and turned into a player that I knew I could be. Going there with Coach (Dabo) Swinney, with him being a receivers coach at heart, I knew I’d be pushed to be a great receiver every single day by him. Coach (Tyler) Grisham my last year did a great job coaching me up, too. So I knew I was going to be coached by the best of the best and play against the best of the best, so that’s why I went there.”

different motivations for diff people. personally If i had been that gifted athletically; id have wanted to be part of the rennaissance. But had I met Butch, that may have changed. Dude is an asshat.

different motivations for diff people. personally If i had been that gifted athletically; id have wanted to be part of the rennaissance. But had I met Butch, that may have changed. Dude is an asshat.
You can only sell "being a part of the rennaissance" for so many years before it becomes a stale sales pitch.

Tennessee has been irrelevant nearly 15 years, logging 8 seasons under .500, and just three season over 7 wins. We traded a guy who refused or couldn't adapt, for four successive bums on the cheap, displaying a spectacular, institutional appetite for mediocrity. If I had a talented kid with the opp to play for Clemson instead, I'd beg him not to have wasted himself on TN's football funeral pyre of dysfunction. Obviously, the AD would not be loving him in return.

Acknowledging those nasty facts is not taking a cheap shot, but simply being observant.

You can only sell "being a part of the rennaissance" for so many years before it becomes a stale sales pitch.
yet it keeps on working. when you have a perrenial top 3 recruiting budget, that tends to happen. issue is the bargain basement coaches we employed.

Any WR would rather play with Trevor Lawrence, than Jarrett Guarantano. Tennessee has not been a consistent winner since 2004 and we are now on our 5th head coach in 13 seasons. I don't have a problem with what he said. The only trade off for him, and it's a small one, is that he will never be regarded as a hometown hero. That won't be a big deal to very many players, but I have heard that the scorn of Vol fans bothered Cade Mays whenever he came back to Knoxville.

Any WR would rather play with Trevor Lawrence, than Jarrett Guarantano. Tennessee has not been a consistent winner since 2004 and we are now on our 5th head coach in 13 seasons. I don't have a problem with what he said. The only trade off for him, and it's a small one, is that he will never be regarded as a hometown hero. That won't be a big deal to very many players, but I have heard that the scorn of Vol fans bothered Cade Mays whenever he came back to Knoxville.

Cade earned that scorn though...

Reactions: wmcovol
Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Well, Palmer was selected before him, so does that mean Palmer was a better player or did he get better coaching. I think Rogers was higher rated coming out of HS.
I don't know if you could say one or the other. Palmer wasn't really on anyone's board till he showed out at Senior Bowl practice. My guess is his ability was just hidden by abysmal qb play and offense production. Had he been in a more productive offense, like Clemson for example, he may have been a 1000 yard receiver and ended up getting drafted much earlier.

I wouldn't read too much into who is better because one guy was selected a few picks in front of the other when they both went in the 3rd round.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back