Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans definitely don't need receivers or edge rushers apparently

Don't get the lack of drafting WR's because it is a deep, talented position group. Do get not going after edge because they signed Dupree to go opposite of Landry and the talent in that position group is down this year.

They may have a trade or FA signing in mind at WR. J-Rob always has a plan even if the pick fails. Pretty sharp GM. Some speculation pre-draft was the Bears were going to trade or release Anthony Miller. Don't know if that is still a thing or not now that they drafted Fields.

He wasn’t exactly wrong, just in his wording. His health has always been a question mark, crappy OL coach (yep, I said it), two coaching changes and a Covid year. They kid should have been at least a low first rounder.
It is fine to predict whatever. To pat yourself on the back when something turns out to be right that is not good news for us, is the issue. Just make your prediction and move on. If it turns out to be wrong, someone else will remind you, LOL.

And he still couldn't get drafted until the third round with the first pick at QB. Buddy is trash.

AND A TENNESSEE WR WITH A BAKED POTATO AT QB GOT DRAFTED BEFORE HIM. LMFAOOOOLLOLOLOLROFLLAWFULCPTRCAKES
Everyone also seems to forget that Amari was being recruited after Tee chose to remain at SC. Butch was never going to hire his dad. That did not help us.

Reactions: UTJoe and VolGee4
Sorry for Trey that I’m proving to be correct. I said all along I didn’t expect him to go in the first 3 rounds.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Curious to see how Tayven Jackson does at the Elite 11 regional. Also curious to see Drew Allar as well

I'm so glad Tayven said he wanted to be a Vol. Appears to be a great fit for this O and can ignite the recruiting for this class and the next.

Allar looks very talented in his highlights.

I'm so glad Tayven said he wanted to be a Vol. Appears to be a great fit for this O and can ignite the recruiting for this class and the next.

Allar looks very talented in his highlights.

They were my top 2 for QB. So I’ll be curious to see how they play this weekend. Love watching good QB’s

Amari Rogers is salty. Tennessee was nothing but good to him - recruited him, and after he chose Clemson - we let him use the facilities on OUR campus while he was rehabbing his knee when he came home. For him to make those comments just shows how bitter he and his dad likely are that Tee isn’t the head coach. Be better, Amari.

Seriously hoping Rodgers gets out of Green Bay and Amari is stuck with JG like QB play his entire time in the NFL.

Amari Rogers is salty. Tennessee was nothing but good to him - recruited him, and after he chose Clemson - we let him use the facilities on OUR campus while he was rehabbing his knee when he came home. For him to make those comments just shows how bitter he and his dad likely are that Tee isn’t the head coach. Be better, Amari.

Seriously hoping Rodgers gets out of Green Bay and Amari is stuck with JG like QB play his entire time in the NFL.
Have comfort in knowing he won’t make it in the NFL. 4 years max and he will disappear.

What all did he say? Surely there’s more than the “because I wanted to win” comment.. Nothing wrong with that, IMO

It's way too easy to say that he felt comfortable at Clemson or some other nonsense answer that doesn't attack any program.
I don’t think it’s an attack.. sounds like an honest answer.. where amari is now, he has conditioned himself to answer all the media questions in a way that will shine a light on his positive attributes.. in saying, I wanted to win, it shows that he’s really competitive and football/winning is important to him, which nfl higher ups like hearing from a prospect

Last edited:

I can’t remember who kept getting on here saying we should hire Tee as head coach when South Alabama wouldn’t even hire his mediocre ass? There was a reason USC fired him.

I don’t care we didn’t get Rodgers but when he took Higgins too that really stung.

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver
I don’t think it’s an attack.. sounds like an honest answer.. where amari is now, he has conditioned himself to answer all the media questions in a way that will shine a light on his positive attributes.. in saying, I wanted to win, it shows that he’s really competitive and football/winning is important to him, which nfl higher ups like hearing from a prospect
We will agree to disagree on that then.

Actually anyone that heard that is going to take it as I couldn't win at Tennessee no matter how good I am so I hope I go to a superbowl winning team and can win that way in the NFL.

Don't get the lack of drafting WR's because it is a deep, talented position group. Do get not going after edge because they signed Dupree to go opposite of Landry and the talent in that position group is down this year.

They may have a trade or FA signing in mind at WR. J-Rob always has a plan even if the pick fails. Pretty sharp GM. Some speculation pre-draft was the Bears were going to trade or release Anthony Miller. Don't know if that is still a thing or not now that they drafted Fields.
Actually you answered the question yourself in WR, it’s a deep group so you can get a solid WR in later round. I think Chargers screwed the Titans in picking Palmer. According to Mike Keith they were interested in him but probably didn’t expect him to get picked that high.

I have zero issue with what he said. Some people like to try and go build something and others want to a part of something already established. Some work for ibm and some are entrepreneurs. Nothing wrong with either. And what he said was 100% correct.

Hopefully we can get some kids that want to be a part of building something from the ground up

Oh. And I also am really hoping the cowboys draft Trey. Make my weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back