The making of Cornbread.....

You guessed. And it ended up being correct. But saying you knew for a fact is just simply false.

There was plenty of evidence to support his "guess"

We hired a guy with no HC experience. A guy with a reputation for being stubborn and abrasive. A guy whose mentor was a cheating scumbag. A guy that wasn't wanted for this position by anyone else.

Should we be shocked that he was in over his head? Or stubborn? Or abrasive? Or a cheater?

My belief is that Fulmer is not an innovator. As a follower of trends, he tries to mimic what others were successful doing. In this case Alabama, who until 3 or 4 years ago were winning with stifling defense and a balanced offense that didn't need to take too many chances to win. Since 2015 or so, it seems that wide open offenses have become increasingly difficult to stop for even defenses as talented as Alabama and Georgia. More points are needed. Fulmer chased past performance to seek future yields without any understanding of how the game was changing. Plus, apparently lack of basic intelligence is not a disqualifier when Fulmer is doing the hiring.
Fulmer hired someone in Pruitt that he thought he could control. Blew up in his face, and ours.

Did Fulmer hire the baseball coach? If so, they're doing really well

No, Currie did.

Fulmer hired Pruitt, kept Holly on a year too long, hired Kellie, and hired Steele. 3 of the 4 was a big mistake and one is TBD...

Dear all dumbass uniformed Tennessee “fans” ITT,
Charlie Anderson insisted on the gump as his son or nephew played at bammy...Fulmer wanted to hire Steele to stabilize things but CA paid the freight and said yer hiring this turd.

As for anyone who doesn’t like cornbread, GTFO here you carpet bagging yankee turdcake.

I usually just use jiffy, but I do love me some homemade Ho cakes.

JIFFY?? OMG. People; just make CB from scratch, or you'll never know what real cornbread is about. Organic Ground Yellow Corn Meal. Start there and follow their recipe. YALL don't even know good cornbread; It's like coleslaw; Everyone THINKS they know how to make it, but few actually do. My Grandma ------DID. The adage "Garbage in, Garbage Out"---applies to everything we eat. Eat well, live well. NO GMO!

JIFFY?? OMG. People; just make CB from scratch, or you'll never know what real cornbread is about. Organic Ground Yellow Corn Meal. Start there and follow their recipe. YALL don't even know good cornbread; It's like coleslaw; Everyone THINKS they know how to make it, but few actually do. My Grandma ------DID. The adage "Garbage in, Garbage Out"---applies to everything we eat. Eat well, live well. NO GMO!
I agree, I just usually don’t have time to actually make it so I just use jiffy.

In Fulmer's defense, Pruitt was a good DC and most HCs come from OC or DC position. coach lyle had terrible defenses so I can see going the DC route instead of OC.

The problem was that Pruitt wasn't vetted out enough. He had baggage and concerns that nobody picked up on or acted on in regards to hire.

If the hire was a year later, then the need for an OC who runs the modern style Spread Offense would have been a bit more evident. Now everybody sees the writing on the wall. And it will be a while before defenses figure out how to catch up.

VN Store

Back