DL Issac Washington in transfer portal

What is it with our issues with DL either leaving or underachieving? It's like a curse inside of the curse.

So dude comes here, acts a fool, and gets in trouble with other teammates. He gets suspended and I guess is upset with the punishment and leaves.

The other scenario is that he has found out that he has no chance of redemption here and was told to look around.

Either way not a good look for him

Reactions: A.J.
So dude comes here, acts a fool, and gets in trouble with other teammates. He gets suspended and I guess is upset with the punishment and leaves.

The other scenario is that he has found out that he has no chance of redemption here and was told to look around.

Either way not a good look for him

Acted a fool yes. Don’t know if he is leaving because he wants to. This is from the War Room from Hubbs.

“The news of Washington departing wasn't a shock. There's been some rumblings that he might have a hefty punishment from the University for his involvement in the dorm incident.”

Watching, hoping to believe in this staff, that we don't see a situation where a player's value to the team determines their "involvement" and "punishment" for incidents. If there's a "ringleader," I get it, but if that guy always turns out to be the least useful player......ugh.

I'm not a purist, at all, but I think establishing discipline and accountability is essential and especially essential for a new SEC coach. If they see discipline applied unfairly based upon team need/talent, I think it erodes respect for the coach.

Does Oklahoma still have room.
This past year has been terrible, let’s face it. However, I want to see every unhappy player and every problem child head out the door, either by choice or by disciplinary action. I want this roster to get down to good men with good character playing at Tennessee because they deserve to and most of all, because they want to. Go Vols!!!!!

Watching, hoping to believe in this staff, that we don't see a situation where a player's value to the team determines their "involvement" and "punishment" for incidents. If there's a "ringleader," I get it, but if that guy always turns out to be the least useful player......ugh.

I'm not a purist, at all, but I think establishing discipline and accountability is essential and especially essential for a new SEC coach. If they see discipline applied unfairly based upon team need/talent, I think it erodes respect for the coach.
As time marches on, we seem to discover more and more crap which occurred during Pruitt's rule. I guess we are very fortunate that the investigation came as quickly as it did. It seems that there was little if any leadership or discipline associated with his tenure as head coach. No wonder we have had such a rough road for so long. The good thing is this mess is being cleaned up and I believe we are on the right track for the first time in over ten years.

Acted a fool yes. Don’t know if he is leaving because he wants to. This is from the War Room from Hubbs.

“The news of Washington departing wasn't a shock. There's been some rumblings that he might have a hefty punishment from the University for his involvement in the dorm incident.”

So it seems. I hate that these kids find creative ways to get into trouble.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Is this related to Tremblay transferring in, or are those two things unrelated?

Nah, this kid was wavering before he signed, both of his position coaches and main recruiters were fired, and then got arrested after being on campus for a month or two. Odds were against this kid staying here.

Reactions: volinthenorth

Good grief, they haven't been on the job for 6 months yet. Why even throw this crap out there?

Imaginative feller, aren't ya......

Reactions: Samthebam
Good grief, they haven't been on the job for 6 months yet. Why even throw this crap out there?

Imaginative feller, aren't ya......
Ignoring "watching, hoping to believe in this staff"..... imaginative fellow aren't you?

New coach, just like new players, you watch how they perform. That's illogical?

Willis, French and Salter probably not. They actually have potential. Beasley is a whole other thing, I don't see how you let him back on the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Willis, French and Salter leave as well . . . Austin Price said the departure of Washington was on the University, I would guess he was going to be dismissed or a lengthy suspension.

The other three may be facing the same type of punishment.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

GBO

Edit: Looks like French has entered the Transfer Portal . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
He will be missed. All 3 of his stars.
Ok, but when he committed posters here said things like:

Dude has first round potential.

Vols first Heisman winner.

A tackling machine.

A Defensive Tackle with a great nose for the ball? I like it.

Some day there will be an annual "Isaac Washington Award" for the best collegiate Defensive Tackle.

One of his specialties is stripping the ball from the ball carriers hands and running it in for a touchdown. Wow! A Defensive Tackle who is a threat to score at any time!

We'll only have this guy for three years. You can bet on it.

Future All Pro.

Classic leader by example.

I looked up the term - Defensive Tackle - in an encyclopedia and there was a picture of Isaac Washington

One day a road next to Neyland Stadium will be named after him.

His motor never stops.

A quarterbacks worst nightmare.

Covers one side of the field to the other.

It will take at least two offensive linemen to stop this guy.

Will bring excellent pass rushing as well as strong run stopping. A real rarity of a D Lineman.

Vol D line nicely solidified with this commit.

Tennessee's history of mining star material out of North Carolina continues.

Plays with unbridled ferocity.

Another Doug Atkins.

I love it when VOLS put up a stiff defense. Washington will help here.

All rather humorous to me in retrospect.. :)

Last edited:
Ok, but when he committed posters here said things like:

Dude has first round potential.

Will bring excellent pass rushing as well as strong run stopping. A real rarity of a D Lineman.

Vol D line nicely solidified with this commit.

Tennessee's history of mining star material out of North Carolina continues.

Plays with unbridled ferocity.

I love it when VOLS put up a stiff defense. Washington will help here.

All rather humorous to me in retrospect.. :)
Treasure trove is available when you’re eager to laugh at fandom. We’re one sided...color us weird.

VN Store

Back