Top 25 players for the 2021-2022 season

LadyVols_WBK

Top 25 women's college basketball players for 2021-22

Rae Burrell is listed at #24
1d9d8f70-45ce-47a6-ac30-9a26ff0a5056-210221_TENN_026.jpeg

From spot minutes as a freshman to role player as a sophomore to surprising breakout star this past season, Burrell is now Tennessee's best player. At times, she carried the Lady Vols in 2020-21. They might not have overcome the early season struggles of Rennia Davis without her. While Burrell's game is primarily built on energy and outworking the opponent, all of her shooting numbers have made huge improvements, most notably her 3-point percentage, which went from 32.8% as a sophomore to a team-leading 40.2% last season.

Great for Rae.

I’m sure Fudd is great, but can we let them play a full season before we start putting them on lists?

Also, SC with 3 players on there? Nah.
I would replace Destanni Henderson with Northwestern's Veronica Burton

View attachment 365076

From spot minutes as a freshman to role player as a sophomore to surprising breakout star this past season, Burrell is now Tennessee's best player. At times, she carried the Lady Vols in 2020-21. They might not have overcome the early season struggles of Rennia Davis without her. While Burrell's game is primarily built on energy and outworking the opponent, all of her shooting numbers have made huge improvements, most notably her 3-point percentage, which went from 32.8% as a sophomore to a team-leading 40.2% last season.

Rae Burrell has earned a spot on my Top 15 all-time favorite Lady Vols. Actually, TOP 10. Now, I'm not saying I'd put Burrell at one of the top 10 best Lady Vol players to ever play the game at Tennessee, but she IS one of my personal favorites because of several factors: perseverance, fearlessness (not hesitant to drive or shoot the open 3), hustle, coachabilty, and last but not least, has a fun personality. She has a quality about her that makes me always want he to be in the games -- I hate it when she has to go to the bench. If she comes into next season with a rebounder's mentality, and is just a wee bit better handling the ball on drives, she'll be an all-American at the end of the season. No doubt. It won't take much to get her there, so she can do it. I love this kid!

Those three led SC to a FF, why shouldn’t they be there?

So you’re telling me SC has 3 of the top 25 players in the country and everyone else only has 1?

By your logic Arizona should have 3 players on there....

No.

Their team had success but neither Henderson, nor Cooke belong on that list.

Cooke played better to close the season but she is still erratic and often a poor, volume, shooter.

Henderson is too small to ever make any noise at the next level which is how I evaluate players. She’ll have no pro career because she’s simply too small. Silly to say she’s one of the top 25 players in the country. Honestly think Annie Hayes is a better player than Destanni and they’re about the same size.

Boston belongs there.

Becuz this is a TN board and they don’t like SC ... come on spur you know how this goes. 🤣

I don’t dislike SC actually. I enjoy watching them play. Not my favorite by a long stretch.

Just don’t think Henderson or Cooke are actually that good. Can think of a number of players at their positions that are better players.

So you’re telling me SC has 3 of the top 25 players in the country and everyone else only has 1?

No.

Cooke played better to close the season but she is still erratic and often a poor, volume, shooter.

Henderson is too small to ever make any noise at the next level which is how I evaluate players. She’ll have no pro career because she’s simply too small. Silly to say she’s one of the top 25 players in the country. Honestly think Annie Hayes is a better player than Destanni and they’re about the same size.

Boston belongs there.

UConn (3), Maryland (2), and Stanford (2) also had multiple players on the list. In other words, four teams had 10 of the Top 25 players.
It's not so strange to see Fudd on the list before she's ever played a game. They listed Bueckers last year and that turned out to be correct.

I don’t dislike SC actually. I enjoy watching them play. Not my favorite by a long stretch.

Just don’t think Henderson or Cooke are actually that good. Can think of a number of players at their positions that are better players.

i think it’s about the fact they make SC go and they’ve been successful

Reactions: shiverz and SCspur
UConn (3), Maryland (2), and Stanford (2) also had multiple players on the list. In other words, four teams had 10 of the Top 25 players.
It's not so strange to see Fudd on the list before she's ever played a game. They listed Bueckers last year and that turned out to be correct.

Fair. Still don’t think either of them belong on there. Just not that impressed with their game. Simply my opinion. We all have them.

UCONN I only see two UCONN players on there? And really only Bueckers should be. Again, Williams is a great player but I don’t believe she’s one of the 25 best in the country.

It's interesting to me that ESPN has Bueckers as third, even though she's ESPN's (and everyone else's, but it's their article) reigning NPOY.

I wonder what they think she's up to (or not up to) this summer...

It's interesting to me that ESPN has Bueckers as third, even though she's ESPN's (and everyone else's, but it's their article) reigning NPOY.

I wonder what they think she's up to (or not up to) this summer...
Or they really dont believe she's the best player in the country or the fact she was the best player on UCONN which normally competes for the best team in the country. Well 5 years ago , but still i guess smh

Or they really d
Or they really dont believe she's the best player in the country or the fact she was the best player on UCONN which normally competes for the best team in the country. Well 5 years ago , but still i guess smh

If they don't believe that, then they should have voted someone else as NPOY. Seems simple enough.

View attachment 365076

With the absence of a creator to get her open 3s, 40% is from three is unbelievable. Put a great PG on her team so she didn’t have to drive it so much and she would be a first team aa.

No.

Boston belongs there.

I’ll take your opinion with a grain of salt lol. In terms of overall body of work they all belong there IMO. Burrell started the year strong, was steady in the SEC, then took a dip tournament time, are you saying she doesn’t belong there because of inconsistency or does her overall body of work pass the test? All four belong IMO. The part you should’ve found more interesting is that Fudd is already rated higher than Burrell and she hasn’t played a College game yet Burrell is a proven All-SEC Guard.

Reactions: VolBall09
I’ll take your opinion with a grain of salt lol. In terms of overall body of work they all belong there IMO. Burrell started the year strong, was steady in the SEC, then took a dip tournament time, are you saying she doesn’t belong there because of inconsistency or does her overall body of work pass the test? All four belong IMO. The part you should’ve found more interesting is that Fudd is already rated higher than Burrell and she hasn’t played a College game yet Burrell is a proven All-SEC Guard.

That was because her ankle was not healthy.

VN Store

Back