Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

Why? Kim can recruit, and she can coach, but for someone who only won one Championship with arguably the most dominant center in the game, I don’t see this as huge. Also, the SEC is much more competitive than the Big12. We continuously have 7-8 ranked teams. The Big12 has maybe two or three. She won’t be able to play the cupcakes at LSU like she does every year at Baylor.
We are not very good and not recruiting on a championship level. This only puts another school with a better coach and track record in our conference.

You act like she looses her connections in TX or her 3 natty rings hahaha...

Does she have a penalty the rest of us do not know about
she will not get a top girl from texas who wants to stay in texas . texas has more top players than the boot state.

she will not get a top girl from texas who wants to stay in texas . texas has more top players than the boot state.
LSU football will never get a top boy from Texas that wants to stay in Texas. Looking at the LSU roster there are many top boys that made the short trip to Louisiana.

How many top girls from Texas do you think she needs to complement the talent that she can mine in Louisiana? The drive from the Cy-Fair ISD east on I-10 is a very drivable distance.

Gail Goestenkors made it to the national title two years before moving to Texas. Her teams for a good solid 10 years were always in the top 10. Her final year before leaving for Texas, she had a 32-2 record at Duke. I’m not sure it’s fair to say Gail didn’t come into Texas on a high.
Duke didn’t think women coaches should be paid much.

Gail Goestenkors made it to the national title two years before moving to Texas. Her teams for a good solid 10 years were always in the top 10. Her final year before leaving for Texas, she had a 32-2 record at Duke. I’m not sure it’s fair to say Gail didn’t come into Texas on a high.

Yes but Duke choked to Rutgers in the S16 as the heavy favorites to win the NC, just a few days before she wound up leaving for Texas. Plus Duke did next to nothing to get Gail to stay. Gail definitely came into Texas on a sour note.

Last edited:
Yes but those two years are the years Kellie needed to acquaint herself with top recruits. Kim already is in conversations with the 22,23,and 24 players she wants. Kellie didn't have any conversations with UT quality recruits when she started.

No, but Samantha Williams is very active in the 22,23,24 recruits and they like her

Always one of the worst dressed Womens coaches ( Warlick was close too )
hi-res-bef6400c1bad557104389e9dd7415823_crop_north.jpg

I wonder what kind of money would make Geno leave Connecticut.

Of course "Geno would never leave"...but as we've seen, money talks. $3.5 mil on a Pac-12 campus with good facilities... he'd have no problem getting players to transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I don't understand why ppl are so scare and nervous about Kim going to LSU...I won't put kim as top 3 best coaches. Watch out for Kellie making a run next season.
Same way I feel, folks acting like it's the end of the world! Anybody can be beat on any given day! Tell Kim bring it and bring whoever she needs to with her!

How many top girls from Texas do you think she needs to complement the talent that she can mine in Louisiana? The drive from the Cy-Fair ISD east on I-10 is a very drivable distance.
I don't know about mining LA for talent. I did a quick scan of HG 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and saw 2 playing for LA high schools. That's 2 out of 285 listed by HG. Kim does get a lot of players from Texas and those connections didn't evaporate. Also Red Stick is about 4 hours from Houston while Houston is 3 hours from Waco (and El Paso is 10 hours away from Waco). A lot of Texas athletes are close enough to Baton Rouge.

Last edited:
I would like to see Kellie Harper go after Cardoso from Syracuse because she's a beast down low in the post...if Harper could land Cardoso as a transfer you're looking at at a elite 8 team at least!

Reactions: mcannon1
Well.... one of the greatest Women’s Basketball Programs ever still sits in mediocrity thanks to an average hire from super epic AD failure Phil “F&€K UT UP” Fulmer.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back