Kaidon Salter spring

Absolutely not. Criticism should be applied every day with the hope that it gets back to Salter and hopefully influences his behavior in a positive way.
Criticize the person everyday in the hope it "influences his behaviour in a positive way."

This is quite possibly the dumbest philosophy for dealing with humans I've ever heard, Where do you come up with this stuff?

If it takes message board fans to influence him then we have much bigger problems. His actions are and were abnormal of him. It has been dealt with.
Are they abnormal. If he has strong ethical and moral influences within his network of friends, family and acquaintances, he apparently isn’t listening to them.

Criticize the person everyday in the hope it "influences his behaviour in a positive way."

This is quite possibly the dumbest philosophy for dealing with humans I've ever heard, Where do you come up with this stuff?
You are naive. It can work in many cases. Shame them, if they have the personality or character to let it bother them , they may change. That’s what is wrong in today’s society, people are pampered too much and bad behavior is accepted a little bit more every year.

Are they abnormal. If he has strong ethical and moral influences within his network of friends, family and acquaintances, he apparently isn’t listening to them.
Enlighten us on all the trouble he got into prior to arriving in Knoxville. Hell, enlighten us on 1 single incident involving any of the 5 Salter kids prior to this incident.

The thug statement makes me think that somewhere along the way he picked up the wrong definition of becoming a man. Like manhood means you go from being scared to intimidating other people. Hopefully he decides that being a man means that you develop principles and stand for what's right. Hopefully, as you said, he learns that doing dumb stuff leads to bad consequences. His family needs him to man up in a different way right now.
What thug statement? What did I miss?

So explain what thug means to us less enlightened ones.

Copied from the Urban Slang dictionary

A thug is typically referred to a male or female who commits crimes for personal gain through stealing, selling drugs, but especially violent crimes such as robbery and assault.

And honestly...you know damn well how he meant it..

You're right chief. These young whippersnappers need to stop quoting that dern hippity-hop.

Reactions: VolNExile
Enlighten us on all the trouble he got into prior to arriving in Knoxville. Hell, enlighten us on 1 single incident involving any of the 5 Salter kids prior to this incident.
Speaking of the troubles this spring. That’s enough, don’t need anything else. Talking about having the worst start to your college career. He is a disaster so far.

We'll, you're 40, and there was no social media around when you were 18. (If you don't know it to be true) then you look like an ass for commenting, again, he has parents. Of course you did stupid $hit at that age, everyone did, you just weren't popular enough for it to make news.[/QUTE]
Lol. My stupid sh*t was just bad decision making thay didn’t involve possible felony crimes.
I stand by my comments without remorse.

You are naive. It can work in many cases. Shame them, if they have the personality or character to let it bother them , they may change. That’s what is wrong in today’s society, people are pampered too much and bad behavior is accepted a little bit more every year.
Naive..... 🤣

Yes, punishment and constructive criticism are tools used to deal with bad behavior. However, you said, "Criticism should be applied every day with the hope that it gets back to Salter and hopefully influences his behavior in a positive way." You criticize someone everyday and you'll definitely "influence their behavior", but it won't end the way you hope....

Given the choice of naivete or stupid, I'll take naivete everyday. You can't fix stupid......

Reactions: VolNExile
Naive..... 🤣

Yes, punishment and constructive criticism are tools used to deal with bad behavior. However, you said, "Criticism should be applied every day with the hope that it gets back to Salter and hopefully influences his behavior in a positive way." You criticize someone everyday and you'll definitely "influence their behavior", but it won't end the way you hope....

Given the choice of naivete or stupid, I'll take naivete everyday. You can't fix stupid......
I disagree with you completely. If Salter has any value , daily criticism getting back to him may initiate a change in his outlook and decision-making. Tough love is the way to go and the most effective.

You're right chief. These young whippersnappers need to stop quoting that dern hippity-hop.
Is this your explanation/definition of what it means?

If so its more than a little lacking.

Point us to a reference point where thug is used as a fun way of saying "come hang out at my dorm"

What thug statement? What did I miss?
Apparently he tweeted "come thug with me" soon after being suspended for participating in thug like activities. Details of his participation aren't really known, but the tweet was not a great move. Word is he took the tweet down later, so at least there's that.

Apparently he tweeted "come thug with me" soon after being suspended for participating in thug like activities. Details of his participation aren't really known, but the tweet was not a great move. Word is he took the tweet down later, so at least there's that.
See, criticism on this board may have adjusted his behavior a little bit.

I disagree with you completely. If Salter has any value , daily criticism getting back to him may initiate a change in his outlook and decision-making. Tough love is the way to go and the most effective.

You should DM KS every day with your criticisms. I’m sure you guys will be best friends. I tell my 8 year old how terrible she’s doing in life every day and she loves me for it. So much so that she’s started cutting little hearts with dad on them directly into the skin of her arms. I’m such a good dad. You’re right man, tough love totally works.

If it takes message board fans to influence him then we have much bigger problems. His actions are and were abnormal of him. It has been dealt with.
Good. Hoping it was a one-off, and that we’ll have a chance to see him play.

You should DM KS every day with your criticisms. I’m sure you guys will be best friends. I tell my 8 year old how terrible she’s doing in life every day and she loves me for it. So much so that she’s started cutting little hearts with dad on them directly into the skin of her arms. I’m such a good dad. You’re right man, tough love totally works.
Apples and oranges comparison. Salter is an adult. Time for the tough love since the previous methods have not seemed to work.

Apples and oranges comparison. Salter is an adult. Time for the tough love since the previous methods have not seemed to work.
You keep writing “tough love.” Tough love involves support and encouragement (the love part) as well as requiring accountability (the tough part.) I don’t think that daily criticism is anywhere near what tough love means.

And as the family member has posted above, Kaiden is getting an earful from them, and THEY are the ones, along with coaches and other players (if this is happening) to apply tough love. Not you, not me, and not anyone else in the fan base. Sheesh.

You keep writing “tough love.” Tough love involves support and encouragement (the love part) as well as requiring accountability (the tough part.) I don’t think that daily criticism is anywhere near what tough love means.

And as the family member has posted above, Kaiden is getting an earful from them, and THEY are the ones, along with coaches and other players (if this is happening) to apply tough love. Not you, not me, and not anyone else in the fan base. Sheesh.
Wrong. Criticism scam come from anyone who spends money on the VN football program. It will happen regardless of whether you think it should or not. Accept that fact and you’ll feel netter.

Reactions: feathersax
Wrong. Criticism scam come from anyone who spends money on the VN football program. It will happen regardless of whether you think it should or not. Accept that fact and you’ll feel netter.
Bricks heaved through windows can come from anywhere too.

Obviously criticism can come from anywhere. Duh. The point is that you believe “daily criticism” from fans to be useful and productive. Many of us disagree, and we’re not softie molly-coddlers.

Obviously criticism can come from anywhere. Duh. The point is that you believe “daily criticism” from fans to be useful and productive. Many of us disagree, and we’re not softie molly-coddlers.
You're wasting your time arguing with that one..

He needs criticism to be ingrained in his consciousness. If he shapes up the criticism will wane over time. Just like Jeremy Banks.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol

VN Store

Back