Those saying Bailey would be odd man out and transfer.......

All three played ok against a defense missing 7 starters. I never expected much of Hooker or Mauer in a format that is a disadvantage to a mobile quarterback. I see Milton coming in and challenging all 3 for the starting job and wouldn’t be surprised if he was our Game 1 starter.
If he cant see that he would be the starter at WSU he is making the wrong choice

Reactions: Beagle Bill
If he cant see that he would be the starter at WSU he is making the wrong choice
It depends on if he thinks he can win the job at Tennessee. If I am trying to get to the next level, I would try to compete for the job at Tennessee than walk into a WSU position.

They all had the same WR’s and OL.
I just meant a running QB doesn't mean he isn't effective. The best COLLEGE QBs can move a bit. Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Tebow, Trevor Lawrence, Johnny Manziel, etc. I'd take a running QB who can make plays all day everyday. I don't care if they suck when they get to the NFL.

With that said, give me Bailey this year!

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
I just meant a running QB doesn't mean he isn't effective. The best COLLEGE QBs can move a bit. Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Tebow, Trevor Lawrence, Johnny Manziel, etc. I'd take a running QB who can make plays all day everyday. I don't care if they suck when they get to the NFL.

Joe Burrow is the outlier. Here's to hoping that Bailey can be another outlier.

Let’s hope that he continues to develop and it shows on the field in actual games.
Good point. Truly. Please, remind us of when he didn’t look good as a true freshman playing for the most incompetent boob ever employed behind the worst offensive line we’ve seen in decades. I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: GameTime
Bailey played really good today his arm is everything we have hoped and he was doing things quickly today. The other QBs had the same D to go up against and didn't look as sharp
The other QBs couldn't run, so that affected their arms.
/sarc

If they can run? Great! But your QUARTERBACK better be the one that makes the best decisions, breaks down defenses and gets the ball to others who have even better legs. That’s how you win...at every level.

Let’s just hope it’s in HBs plans to stay. I absolutely believe him leaving is a big possibility. His dad has made grumblings, and he had to be worried that NCAA hammer could destroy any chance at any success and he may not want to be part of that..

Reactions: davethevol
John Jancekc's boy is not going to catch any 70 yard bombs ever for UT in the SEC. Nor, is # 36 going to ever play a meaningful down against an SEC WR. The pass to Velus (1st team) was a bust by the 2nd team D. Still the timing and accuracy was good by Bailey on those TDs. Maurer missed 2 not including the Keyton deep ball (IMO). So...again execution counts regardless of competition.
Just look at the 1st 18 mins again. Look at the defense against either, and pay attention to their personnel. They are not playing against the same defense probably for the 1st 4 series each. And I'm pretty sure that is Heupel trying to create opportunity.

Like you said. A long way to go. and Bailey certainly is not #3 at this point. No I don't see him transferring.
Jancek was well covered and Bailey got him the ball perfectly...despite his pedigree. Watched the same game as you and I didn’t see the droves of relative scrubs set up exclusively for HB. They were running players in and out and all the QB’s had the same experience. It was an exhibition and I took it as such.

Let's turn this into a positive. He didn't throw any incompletions all game.

He’s always thrown a very catchable ball. He’s just always also had trouble remembering what color he’s wearing. I imagine that’s especially tough during a spring game!

I'm sticking to that because of how shytty the Tennessee defense is which is a reason not to take too much out of today's O&W game.

Cmon, this is overreaction central. All it takes is a few good throws and the “scouts” on VN are ready to anoint a QB as the next Peyton Manning. And then after a few bad throws, said QB will be demoted to “garbage” status for life.

There is no such thing as letting a competition play out, getting a large sample size and seeing who is better over time....

I think he looked good in the offense but our D also played poorly.
The game format played to Bailey strength. Maurer and Hooker are runners. With the QB run getting a whistle blown, I think those two were fighting their instinct to run and maybe tried to force some things

I feel you. But......the defense gave no respect to Bailey's ability to run, and yet he was able to read 4 and 5 routes, and comeback to open receivers. So even without a credible run threat, Bailey torched them. A lot of credit to the o-line, for giving great protection.

We'll agree to disagree. It wasnt slighting Bailey. I was saying basically that we didn't have a legit competition last year. Now we do.
and...despite what everyone is saying...Maurer is QB 1 right now.

Bailey showed accuracy today, against the 2nd and 3rd team defense ...I swear nobody actually pays attention to who's on the field. Regardless you have to give him credit for doing what he should have done under the circumstances- execution. Still needs to speed his clock up.

Maurer had two 3 and outs plus a field goal against the 1st team defense- nothing to write home about.
But he didn't turn it over and he did complete a nice pass to Hyatt down field. Keyton for some reason couldn't adjust to a totally catchable ball (not shocked).

It's two guys right now, just as I said before Spring started.

Look at
I was going to say something about Keaton not adjusting but after last spring game?.......... lol. I’ll let it be

I feel you. But......the defense gave no respect to Bailey's ability to run, and yet he was able to read 4 and 5 routes, and comeback to open receivers. So even without a credible run threat, Bailey torched them. A lot of credit to the o-line, for giving great protection.
That's not good he was able to read those 4/5 routes because that means other teams are going to torch us😐
They said quite a few D guys were out so maybe between now an summer we can get those guys back and maybe some portal transfers

Reactions: kbear01
I expected this post/thread to get a lot more juice post scrimmage.

I’ll put out the call for all the armchairs out there. Quite simply, you were/are/will be wrong about HB. You’re bad at evaluating Freshman (rising Soph) QB talent. So-S.T.F.U.

I welcome all cogent arguments. If you’re stupid I will tell you as much and then summarily disregard your opinion.

John Jancekc's boy is not going to catch any 70 yard bombs ever for UT in the SEC. Nor, is # 36 going to ever play a meaningful down against an SEC WR. The pass to Velus (1st team) was a bust by the 2nd team D. Still the timing and accuracy was good by Bailey on those TDs. Maurer missed 2 not including the Keyton deep ball (IMO). So...again execution counts regardless of competition.
Just look at the 1st 18 mins again. Look at the defense against either, and pay attention to their personnel. They are not playing against the same defense probably for the 1st 4 series each. And I'm pretty sure that is Heupel trying to create opportunity.

Like you said. A long way to go. and Bailey certainly is not #3 at this point. No I don't see him transferring.

“I don’t see him transferring.” ?

It’s like if a girl said “I didn’t know I was contagious at the time Gosh!”

The worst.

He’s always thrown a very catchable ball. He’s just always also had trouble remembering what color he’s wearing. I imagine that’s especially tough during a spring game!
Always? You mean, like, “a few games from 1 season” always? Define it please or go away.

Look beyond the numbers his ball placement looked better than we have seen in years. I know it's the spring game and you take it with a grain of salt but he was hitting them in stride. I think he definitely has to be considered at this point the guy.
You can tell there’s a difference. WR recruits need to be sent the video. Why wouldn’t a wr want to play in this offense.

I expected this post/thread to get a lot more juice post scrimmage.

I’ll put out the call for all the armchairs out there. Quite simply, you were/are/will be wrong about HB. You’re bad at evaluating Freshman (rising Soph) QB talent. So-S.T.F.U.

I welcome all cogent arguments. If you’re stupid I will tell you as much and then summarily disregard your opinion.

So by this post you are assuming a moral superiority to everyone else. Like you are some kind of expert. You aren’t. You are a fan like the rest of us. No more no less.

So I am going to use your stance. You are incredibly stupid and your opinion is trash.

Are you all sticking to that or are you paying attention to the O&W game?
I haven't been able to watch it but did listen. It sounded like he did well.

I still don't care who the starter is as long as they play much better than we've seen for the last 4 years, score points, and win more games.

Congratulations on a good performance. Hopefully they all continue to improve.

PS- Probably not time to crown anyone king yet... Janzek was the leading receiver after all.

White was the 1's, right? They all did well playing with the ones. Bailey was much better with the 2's. I'm guessing the 2's played against the 2's right?

VN Store

Back