*****Official 2021 Orange and White Game Thread

Looks like maurer is the guy based on today. It's refreshing to see an offense with a pulse.

I hope our defense can create turnovers. Because they won't be stopping people much on downs.

I don't think the QB has still been picked
Bailey probably looked the best today but this game format favored Bailey playing style. Maurer and Hooker are runners. There were times when they could've took off running but didn't. Knowing if a defender came near you the whistle was going to be blown they probably were playing against their instinct to pull it down and run. It showed real big on one 3rd down play Maurer could've pulled it down, he did and it was if he thought about it and said I better pass, then he took off and got 5 yrds but if he had went when started it would've been 1st easy.
The D made the O look good.

Pitt played a Spring Game today and it might be worth looking for online. Bowling Green should be a gimme but if Pitt has an offense and our defense doesn't improve dramatically, we'll be in trouble with them....... and the rest of the season.

The defense I saw today will not survive in the SEC.

Henry T
Q Crouch
Beasley
French
Willis
ALL GONE at the same time. Even Alabama would struggle losing their first 5 Inside Lbs.
This fall will be different. Guarantee you.
Joseph, Banks, Transfer, and Harrison will be ready to go.

Whitehead REALLY NEEDS better guidance. That dude is not gonna sniff the field at RB for Tennessee ever!! But he could be the starting LB right now...
It's not surprising. It'll be a couple years before we have any idea what our defense is really supposed to look like. Hopefully they can make some moves to get guys from the portal. I'd honestly be more worried if the defense had looked good today.

The defense will obviously suck this year, that was a given. But let's hope the offense can be consistent and fun to watch.
I was thinking the same. I also think that if the offense can be somewhat elite this year that it can help keep the defense of the field so much and allow the defense to make some plays in the game to sneak out wins. Wishful thinking lol.

I don't think the QB has still been picked
Bailey probably looked the best today but this game format favored Bailey playing style. Maurer and Hooker are runners. There were times when they could've took off running but didn't. Knowing if a defender came near you the whistle was going to be blown they probably were playing against their instinct to pull it down and run. It showed real big on one 3rd down play Maurer could've pulled it down, he did and it was if he thought about it and said I better pass, then he took off and got 5 yrds but if he had went when started it would've been 1st easy.
The D made the O look good.
The battle isn't over for sure. Bailey certainly looked the best, today. We'll have to see how fall goes and if Milton can challenge, assuming he come here. I'm not in any camp on QB. But it geeks like HB's job to lose now.

The D was bad for sure. But that's to be expected in our current situation. I saw enough positive on O to think they'll be better this year. We'll still be lucky to win 6 games.

Pitt played a Spring Game today and it might be worth looking for online. Bowling Green should be a gimme but if Pitt has an offense and our defense doesn't improve dramatically, we'll be in trouble with them....... and the rest of the season.

The defense you saw today had a lot of guys out especially on the D-line. I wouldn’t read too much into how they look in a scrimmage

Do you believe that Bailey is concussion-proof or something?

If he takes a cheap shot to the head from a Georgia player like Maurer did, he's probably going to get concussed as well.
Bailey played 2 games and didn’t get hurt. Nothing against Maurer don’t worry.

I was thinking the same. I also think that if the offense can be somewhat elite this year that it can help keep the defense of the field so much and allow the defense to make some plays in the game to sneak out wins. Wishful thinking lol.

Well I think the team has a solid chance to win 6-7 games even with the garbage defense. Just gonna have to outscore some teams

All three QB's are significantly better than JG.

Bailey moved the offense the best.

Maurer second and Hooker leaves a lot to be desired I think. He is a much weaker passer than the other two.

BM had the best pass of the game on that scramble to the right connecting to one of those no name white receivers.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
All three QB's are significantly better than JG.

Bailey moved the offense the best.

Maurer second and Hooker leaves a lot to be desired I think. He is a much weaker passer than the other two.

BM had the best pass of the game on that scramble to the right connecting to one of those no name white receivers.
I thought his pass to Calloway, between 4 DBs, that would have beena tought catch. But still a catch was more impressive..thats an accurate throw...

The defense you saw today will not be out there this fall.

Have DTV with ESPN app can stream on Xbox or any device with the ESPN app run hdmi to 70” tv and wala.

Yeah I did the whole Direct Tv thing for 2 years. I didn’t watch it enough to justify the expense. Now I just get Sling during football season. However, subscribing to that for one month just to watch this game on the ESPN app live wasn’t for me either. I will catch it tonight or tomorrow on YouTube and give our man Freak some views on his YouTube channel.

Tennessee will be hiring Dll,Dlll or NAIA head football coaches or assistant coaches if they don't give Coach Heupel 4-5 years. The expectations of a whole lot of Tennessee fans are absolutely absurd and it isn't worth it for them to come and coach UT with fans like these.

So you're saying if Heupel goes 0-2 against Vandy, you can't wait to watch how he fares against them the 3rd time? 4th? 5th? GMAFB

Reactions: 508mikey
So you're saying if Heupel goes 0-2 against Vandy, you can't wait to watch how he fares against them the 3rd time? 4th? 5th? GMAFB
What i'm saying is what everyone outside of Tennessee thinks and they are right in this case

Yeah I did the whole Direct Tv thing for 2 years. I didn’t watch it enough to justify the expense. Now I just get Sling during football season. However, subscribing to that for one month just to watch this game on the ESPN app live wasn’t for me either. I will catch it tonight or tomorrow on YouTube and give our man Freak some views on his YouTube channel.
I feel ya, I was in the fence to but I watch to much sports to not have it. I look at it this way. You have two singed jerseys . One is singed by Peyton Manning and costs $100 and one signed by Casey Clausen and costs $50. Both great QBs but I chose the more expensive one becuae it’s the one I want and has the value I need. Same with these tv programs . Yeah I could get Hulu Disney plus or HBO max but I don’t watch enough movies to justify that . Everyone’s opinion is different I respect yours . I’m sure I waste more money on other things than tv lol

I feel ya, I was in the fence to but I watch to much sports to not have it. I look at it this way. You have two singed jerseys . One is singed by Peyton Manning and costs $100 and one signed by Casey Clausen and costs $50. Both great QBs but I chose the more expensive one becuae it’s the one I want and has the value I need. Same with these tv programs . Yeah I could get Hulu Disney plus or HBO max but I don’t watch enough movies to justify that . Everyone’s opinion is different I respect yours . I’m sure I waste more money on other things than tv lol

Hey man no judgement but just not for me. My grandfather watches only sports. He wears his cable subscription out. Just for me I didn’t watch it enough.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back