Top Prep Forward Chooses G-League

I wonder how the G league pays relative to the strong-ass offers some of these college coaches are making. It would be an interesting analysis if the data were available.
It was estimated that he will make $300,000 per year, or until he signs an NBA contract.
More highschoolers will consider skipping college, which should be their option IMO.

College basketball is exciting and fun. If 20 Lebrons choose to skip it every year, it won't change a thing. We as fans root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. As long as it is competitive, it will be fine.
Yes!
Nobody complains about the best baseball players skipping college and going straight to the Minors. I actually like it. I still wish the NCAA/NBA would make it just like baseball. Go pro after HS, or go to college, but you have to stay 3 years before going pro.

I get they get paid immediately but they really miss out on building a brand and following form college spotlight. People don’t watch g league. Endorsement deals will have their eyes on the kids with the folllowing not the dudes hidden in G league

Zion made 8 figures by playing that one season at Duke just due to building his brand....

It was estimated that he will make $300,000 per year, or until he signs an NBA contract.
More highschoolers will consider skipping college, which should be their option IMO.

Not only option but for many the thing to do as they are not college material anyway. It's a shame colleges as a whole have excepted players of all sports who didn't properly qualify as a college student. It has created a situation in high schools to just let him/her "fake it" as some college will "help them qualify" (with a little help from us).

Reactions: Border Vol
I get they get paid immediately but they really miss out on building a brand and following form college spotlight. People don’t watch g league. Endorsement deals will have their eyes on the kids with the folllowing not the dudes hidden in G league
So True. Zion hype going to Duke was much bigger had he had gone to some league like this. Even though I am sure 300k is what he got as well. In CHRIST Alone

I am all for players going the G league route, because they will know very quickly if they have what it takes. Colleges should be able to recruit players that choose to do this, because they can say......okay you tried going "semi-pro", "pro" and you're not ready.....

Now, come let me coach you and develop you to the best of your ability and learn to play team ball. We will have you prepared....

Because, if they just got G league and flop, it's over.....

I am all for players going the G league route, because they will know very quickly if they have what it takes. Colleges should be able to recruit players that choose to do this, because they can say......okay you tried going "semi-pro", "pro" and you're not ready.....

Now, come let me coach you and develop you to the best of your ability and learn to play team ball. We will have you prepared....

Because, if they just got G league and flop, it's over.....
Or if they flop in G League they could just go to college as a regular student. Many people forget that is the intended purpose of a college, to educate, not to field sport’s teams.

Phoenix Hillcrest Prep forward Michael Foster chose the G-League over Georgia and Florida State.

Prep standout Foster chooses G League Ignite
the G-League will always acquire a small amount of HS players; but a 1 year college experience is harder to turn down long term.......everyone wants at least 1 year of partying before going off to the G-League / NBA

College basketball is exciting and fun. If 20 Lebrons choose to skip it every year, it won't change a thing. We as fans root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. As long as it is competitive, it will be fine.
Disagree. I try to learn as much as I can about each player and enjoy watching their development over their 4 year career. This has become much more difficult in recent years and made the game less enjoyable for me. The transfer portal is good for the player but not me as a fan.

VN Store

Back