Derek Chauvin trial

Sure they would because they would assume there's more. People printing money aren't stopping at $40 bucks. Secret Service are looking to trace that source. Even if it wasn't Floyd himself, they'd want to know where the counterfeit (if they were counterfeit) bills came from and haul him in for questioning.

If they really want to go after big time counterfeiters, the Biden gang would be a great place to start ... except the Secret Service are kinda on the inside there.

Pro tip: hands on the top of the steering wheel at all times. When you're getting your license out of the wallet, wrists on the steering wheel. If you need something from the glove box or console, wait til the cop asks for it and tell him where you're gonna get it from before you do so. I have some practice at getting pulled over.
Yeah, I was young and wasn’t thinking. I’ve had more interactions with law enforcement than the average person and certainly not all have been traffic stops, although plenty have been, so I’m pretty well practiced now also.

Reactions: AM64
Correct. Don’t need to be a “data scientist” to have basic reasoning ability.
aa616aa.jpg

That's racist!

I engaged in this argument last summer. I posted empirical PhD researched data from left leaning sources proving that police actually kill more whites per arrest than blacks. The data was current through 2016. The difference was exceptionally minute, like a difference of 1/10,000.

The best anyone could do to support the fallacious idea; that the disproportionate amount of black arrests per racial demographics being indicative of systemic racism, was to link to an article that ran in the Opinion (not the News) section of the Boston Globe.

I immediately called BS. Their simply hasn't been any academic peer reviewed research done to support that notion. And there won't be, because the magnitude of difficulty is 10x more than spouting off misconstrued critical race theory statistics.

Take my city (Memphis) for example. We've had a majority black population and black mayors for 30 straight years, a predominately black city council for +20 years, and a police force comprised of over 65% black officers for over 15 years.
Make all the algorithms you want. The more data you crunch, the less empirical data suggesting systemic racism remains.

View attachment 364034

That's racist!

I engaged in this argument last summer. I posted empirical PhD researched data from left leaning sources proving that police actually kill more whites per arrest than blacks. The data was current through 2016. The difference was exceptionally minute, like a difference of 1/10,000.

The best anyone could do to support the fallacious idea; that the disproportionate amount of black arrests per racial demographics being indicative of systemic racism, was to link to an article that ran in the Opinion (not the News) section of the Boston Globe.

I immediately called BS. Their simply hasn't been any academic peer reviewed research done to support that notion. And there won't be, because the magnitude of difficulty is 10x more than spouting off misconstrued critical race theory statistics.

Take my city (Memphis) for example. We've had a majority black population and black mayors for 30 straight years, a predominately black city council for +20 years, and a police force comprised of over 65% black officers for over 15 years.
Make all the algorithms you want. The more data you crunch, the less empirical data suggesting systemic racism remains.

The math is racist though... Cannot make this stuff up.

Excess force is defined as what in your opinion? less than 5% of ALL police force is deemed unjustified or illegal so your definitions are quite skewed

Trump’s description at a police officer convention of putting a “thug” in the back of a patrol car which brought load applause from the cops is where it starts

“When the looting starts the shooting begins” is a middle point

A knee on a neck for 9 min 29 sec is one of too many examples

Yeah, I was young and wasn’t thinking. I’ve had more interactions with law enforcement than the average person and certainly not all have been traffic stops, although plenty have been, so I’m pretty well practiced now also.

My worst interaction was when one cop asked to see my id and his buddy freaked out because I slowly and deliberately moved my hand toward my back pocket. Wound up with a gun pointed at me at very close range. Disconcerting.

Wait so you actually don’t break the law so you don’t get accosted by cops?

Wow. So don’t break the law and cops leave you alone. What a novel concept.
Sure, to an extent. But at the same time you are fooling yourself if you don't think cops pull people over just by profiling them. Racially or otherwise. Case in point: when I was 18 I was headed down to Myrtle Beach with my friends. I was pulled over in Greenville, SC because my license plate had a small dealership-installed frame. Wasn't obstructing anything, could still see the county name. Apparently these frames are illegal in SC, although I spotted multiple ones on vehicles with SC plates. Long story short, the cop said my friend in the back seat looked high. He wasn't. He was just tired and wearing a Pink Floyd shirt. But yes I had weed. Locked up in the suitcase in the trunk. I gave it to the cop because he was going to use the dog, and got a $600 ticket and went on my way.

If a cop thinks you might be suspicious, he/she can and will find a reason to pull you over.

Edit: Yes I'm white and my friend and GF at the time are too.

Sure, to an extent. But at the same time you are fooling yourself if you don't think cops pull people over just by profiling them. Racially or otherwise. Case in point: when I was 18 I was headed down to Myrtle Beach with my friends. I was pulled over in Greenville, SC because my license plate had a small dealership-installed frame. Wasn't obstructing anything, could still see the county name. Apparently these frames are illegal in SC, although I spotted multiple ones on vehicles with SC plates. Long story short, the cop said my friend in the back seat looked high. He wasn't. He was just tired and wearing a Pink Floyd shirt. But yes I had weed. Locked up in the suitcase in the trunk. I gave it to the cop because he was going to use the dog, and got a $600 ticket and went on my way.

If a cop thinks you might be suspicious, he/she can and will find a reason to pull you over.

Sounds like his suspicion was confirmed.

Lol. I bet fewer than 10% of vehicles on the interstate have drugs in them. Something about you guys and your car set off his antenna, and he was right. If criminals don't want to be profiled, perhaps they should quit fitting the stereotypes perfectly.

As any data scientist will note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is meaningless, unless you have adjusted for their comparable percentages of the overall population.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African-Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. That means that black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Also, there is this nugget from www.statista.com:

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people since the beginning of 2019: 50 each.

But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely to be shot and killed by police officers as unarmed white Americans.

It could also mean Blacks may be five time more likely to be doing things that wind up with them getting shot.

You are mistaking (or deliberately juxtaposing) statistical correlation with causation.

Too bad ignorant parents teach their kids their ignorant ways
Isn't this sentence the number one contributing factor to all poor behavior in all races? If so isn't the issues within the black community best addressed there.... To get the most bang for the buck so to speak?

These other issues would really just ancillary in a systemic plan to address the issues within the black community and others where issues exist no?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
My sincere hope for the movement among AA's is that this movement, as flawed as I believe it is, will be the catalyst for a real cultural awakening for them. And there can be a real advancement in their contributions to America's future. The divisive and incendiary rhetoric among their leaders must change though. The current path leads nowhere good for any of us.

Last edited:
You really don’t get it.

Rule 606 - Competency of Juror as Witness, Minn. R. Evid. 606 | Casetext Search + Citator

(b) Inquiry into validity of verdict or indictment. Upon an inquiry into the validity of a verdict or indictment, a juror may not testify as to any matter or statement occurring during the course of the jury's deliberations or to the effect of anything upon that or any other juror's mind or emotions as influencing the juror to assent to or dissent from the verdict or indictment or concerning the juror's mental processes in connection therewith, except that a juror may testify on the question whether extraneous prejudicial information was improperly brought to the jury's attention or whether any outside influence was improperly brought to bear upon any juror, or as to any threats of violence or violent acts brought to bear on jurors, from whatever source, to reach a verdict, or as to whether a juror gave false answers on voir dire that concealed prejudice or bias toward one of the parties, or in order to correct an error made in entering the verdict on the verdict form. Nor may a juror's affidavit or evidence of any statement by the juror concerning a matter about which the juror would be precluded from testifying be received for these purposes.

Even if she was on the final jury, the alarming part of her statement probably isn’t even admissible in court. It’s part of her preexisting mindset, which would have been the same as the preexisting mindset of any potential juror anywhere in America, much less Minnesota. She doesn’t say anything was improperly brought to her attention or that she was improperly threatened.

She could testify to the part where she says she didn’t lie about being prejudiced on the questionnaire. A questionnaire where she undoubtedly was asked whether she could adjudicate the case fairly. She could also testify that the extraneous protests surrounding Daunte Wright didn’t change her feelings about the Chauvin case. None of which is legally relevant.

Good luck with that. Legally, the “he didn’t get a fair trial” argument is crap.
I never said he didn't get a fair trial Cletus. Try a little decaf.

My sincere hope for the movement among AA's is that this movement, as flawed as I believe it is, will be the catalyst for a real cultural awakening for them. And their can be a real advancement in their contributions to America's future. The divisive and incendiary rhetoric among their leaders must change though. The current path leads nowhere good for any of us.
And monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Reactions: AM64
I never said he didn't get a fair trial Cletus. Try a little decaf.
Lol. Sure. You’re just talking out your ass predicting mistrials and have no idea what the criteria for that is. That’s fair.

Allow me to help:
Judges don’t hand out mistrials like candy at Halloween.

Lol. Sure. You’re just talking out your ass predicting mistrials and have no idea what the criteria for that is. That’s fair.

Allow me to help:
Judges don’t hand out mistrials like candy at Halloween.
Never said they did.

I think black rifle has decaf as well.

VN Store

Back