Assistant Coach Lacey Goldwire is leaving Tennessee

It kind of seems that way to me. As a side, I watched many games over the past two seasons and I always noticed that Lacey didn’t seem quite as involved or emotive as the other coaches. Perhaps she was unhappy or it wasn’t a good fit? Regardless, wish her the best on her next stop. I’m hoping we land a top notch recruiter next!

I didn’t feel that way at all. I always thought she seemed really enthusiastic and seemed to love being at Tennessee. I know the players really liked her.

With that face, she needs to be doing something in front of the camera.

The camera either likes you or it doesn't. Most of us it doesn't like and if it does like you, feel blessed, like Lacey.

Do you know something no one else knows or is this some speculation?

tenor.gif

I feel like coach Sam might be able to jump in there okay. She probably has had contact with them before. Also if FSU was interested Coach J may have relationships as well.

Sa'Myah won't be playing till late June. Most of the ballers are taking this month off

Reactions: Lucy
I am not sure why some are trying to turn this personnel decision into Goldwire-gate. Coaches change their staffs all the time. The LVs got a great replacement so BFD...

I don't think it's that at all. Like you said, staffs change all the time. When Holly's recruiting started to slow down, she made a change at recruiting coordinator. It helped. Kellie was, in my mind, seeing recruiting results that were good but not good enough to take the program where it expects to go, so she made a change. Nothing wrong with it at all.

I think Goldwire is an excellent recruiter in that she finds kids that can win at a pretty high level. But I don't believe that she's someone who is even going to pull (or set up a head coach to pull) top 20 recruits. That's the difference between Arkansas and Tennessee.

I don't think it's that at all. Like you said, staffs change all the time. When Holly's recruiting started to slow down, she made a change at recruiting coordinator. It helped. Kellie was, in my mind, seeing recruiting results that were good but not good enough to take the program where it expects to go, so she made a change. Nothing wrong with it at all.

I think Goldwire is an excellent recruiter in that she finds kids that can win at a pretty high level. But I don't believe that she's someone who is even going to pull (or set up a head coach to pull) top 20 recruits. That's the difference between Arkansas and Tennessee.
Perfectly stated

VN Store

Back