Kaidon Salter spring

Guys. This kid has a dad who has had some traumatic health issues, and he is acting out. He needs help. Not classless posts. He made mistakes. He will suffer his punishment and consequences, and hopefully learn from it. I am all for a good joke, but posts like this do not help anything.
BS-His actions deserve all the jokes and criticism we can muster.

It hardly ever works out with UT and Texas recruits, mostly because theyā€™ve been passed over by the Big-12 schools, and whatā€™s left over is either marginal talent or has other issues. This is very much like the Nuquese Richardson dealā€” hopefully heā€™ll follow a path of redemption and get his head on straight, but donā€™t think it will happen at UTā€” Heupel doesnā€™t need a lead weight like that.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
P.S. "Come Thug with Me" is song lyrics apparently.
A lack of self accountability, because 90% of the world is not going to know that. But I mean, just this week, Lebron James basically tweeted something alluding that a cop would be murdered next, and almost seemed threatening. Not at all how James meant it, and he deleted the tweet. But people simply do not always think through how things are perceived. It happens to literally the best. It was made worse by the robbery, but I really think he was talking about song lyrics.

P.S. "Come Thug with Me" is song lyrics apparently.
A lack of self accountability, because 90% of the world is not going to know that. But I mean, just this week, Lebron James basically tweeted something alluding that a cop would be murdered next, and almost seemed threatening. Not at all how James meant it, and he deleted the tweet. But people simply do not always think through how things are perceived. It happens to literally the best. It was made worse by the robbery, but I really think he was talking about song lyrics.
For education purposes, I googled "come thug with me" and yep, if you want to hear the song.....

NBA YoungBoy "Come Thug Wit Me" is available on YouTube with lyrics.

It does not help Salter's case.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Guys. This kid has a dad who has had some traumatic health issues, and he is acting out. He needs help. Not classless posts. He made mistakes. He will suffer his punishment and consequences, and hopefully learn from it. I am all for a good joke, but posts like this do not help anything.
So let me get this straight, he made mistakes because his dad has health issues. Absolutely chaps my @$$ when people make excuses for a kids behavior. Any respectable coach would not even consider that and hold him accountable for HIS actions. He won't learn squat from this as you suggest when people make excuses for his behavior. Give me a break. Hate his dad is having issues but he is responsible for his actions and acting out.

Last edited:
Everyone who has ever set foot on a football field or basketball court for any length of time learns: when you're in trouble with the coach, keep your head down..... do your job..... don't bring attention to yourself.

Everyone who has ever had a Momma or Granny knows, when they're pissed at you: stay outta sight.... don't make a ton of noise...... wait it out quietly.

Salter has spent plenty of time being coached and parented by now yet still while suspended he chose to complain about not getting attention for his birthday and being ignored then to suggest folks "come thug with me" (if it was an innocent comment, why delete it? Hmm?)

Salter brought this on himself not just once, not just twice, but three times. It's a pattern.
It's done became a pattĆ¹rĆ”n.

So let me get this straight, he made mistakes because his dad has health issues. Absolutely chaps my @$$ when people make excuses for a kids behavior (technically he's an adult). Any respectable coach would not even consider that and hold him accountable for HIS actions. He won't learn squat from this as you suggest when people make excuses for his behavior. Give me a break. Hate his dad is having issues but he is responsible for his actions and acting out.
Exactly.
We have the freedom of choice, but we better be ready to deal with the consequences. Justifying behavior and making excuses is a sure fire way to continue the behavior. He's 17 years old, but old enough to understand it. I hope he wises up, takes responsibility, and seizes the opportunity in front of him. With his talent, he is a perfect QB in CJH offense. He can flourish and be a star, or turn out to be Marcus Vick.

I remember everyone getting wound up over his "thug" comments a couple of weeks ago.

Chalk it up to miscommunication due to age difference. It does not mean the literal "come commit crime with me" that some of you guys seem to think it does. Another common phrase is... "Come f#@K with me". Do you guys think this is asking for "intercourse"?

lol. Good grief gentlemen. You guys would have a heart attack if you spent 5 minutes in any football locker room in the country.
So explain what thug means to us less enlightened ones.

Copied from the Urban Slang dictionary

A thug is typically referred to a male or female who commits crimes for personal gain through stealing, selling drugs, but especially violent crimes such as robbery and assault.

And honestly...you know damn well how he meant it..

At this point this conversation should be shelved for a year or two. He will either shape up, or he will continue to make bad choices. The facts are he had made a number of bad decisions of late. Itā€™s on him to get right, or we will have a new thread about him soon enough.

So let me get this straight, he made mistakes because his dad has health issues. Absolutely chaps my @$$ when people make excuses for a kids behavior (technically he's an adult). Any respectable coach would not even consider that and hold him accountable for HIS actions. He won't learn squat from this as you suggest when people make excuses for his behavior. Give me a break. Hate his dad is having issues but he is responsible for his actions and acting out.
TECHNICALLY heā€™s 17...and NOT an adult. Donā€™t disagree with your overall point...just the technical one.

At this point this conversation should be shelved for a year or two. He will either shape up, or he will continue to make bad choices. The facts are he had made a number of bad decisions of late. Itā€™s on him to get right, or we will have a new thread about him soon enough.
Absolutely not. Criticism should be applied every day with the hope that it gets back to Salter and hopefully influences his behavior in a positive way.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
I love how a forum full of adults who didn't have thier $hit together at 18 are crapping on a kid who doesn't have his $hit together at 18. He has parents, let them do their job.

Reactions: VolNExile and rgvol
Sacked before he took a snap.
I don't think he was sacked. He slit his own throat. We will wait to ee if he survives or his let out to pasture. If he learned a lesson, I would take him back with the knowledge that he is at the end of his rope. He could turn out to be a solid player , but he could also have his scholarship pulled at any moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back