Transfer Portal 21-22

Oh i believe you , its the Brenda Frese theory ! And its TRUE !
Yep and she isn't the only one that does it. You can often tell by how quickly a player commits once they announced they are transferring. A player announces on Monday that they are leaving and an announcement from the new school comes from the player (or school) by Wednesday or Thursday! It's possible, but it is very had to believe the player and the new coach/program has connected that quick. I'm all for winning but I prefer it done the right way.

Nalyssa Smith (Baylor) in the portal??

edit this account deleted the tweet but its said Smith and Mulkey dont follow each other on social media no more I checked and they dont

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan2012
She goes UConn she takes away big from Ono. Auburn could suddenly become a team to contend with in the SEC with her. They still need a lot more but she makes them competitive. Ono may need to transfer and UConn really becomes a monster to deal with.

Ono could be following Ralph to Vandy. Just have a feeling on that one. No word yet but I’ll be a couple of them go with her. Ono is top of my list for players who might.

She goes UConn she takes away big from Ono. Auburn could suddenly become a team to contend with in the SEC with her. They still need a lot more but she makes them competitive. Ono may need to transfer and UConn really becomes a monster to deal with.

In their heads-up matchup Ono outplayed Cardoso, but it was fairly close. And Cardoso is only a freshman. Geno could dust off the two-post offense that he's used in the past. Still, you can only play five at once and a somebody or two would have to sit more than they wanted.

She'd be an incredibly good get for Auburn, but not enough to turn them into an SEC contender next season. But she'd get as many minutes as she was capable of playing.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yep and she isn't the only one that does it. You can often tell by how quickly a player commits once they announced they are transferring. A player announces on Monday that they are leaving and an announcement from the new school comes from the player (or school) by Wednesday or Thursday! It's possible, but it is very had to believe the player and the new coach/program has connected that quick. I'm all for winning but I prefer it done the right way.
I don't think the coaches need to get involved - all these players are on social media and following each other. And they can figure out what teams need what and usually have some idea of their level of play. It is a much smaller pond than exists in HS both in terms of players and teams. And the universe of competitive conferences and teams within those conferences is pretty clear - 350 D1 programs, 100 programs that have a chance at a NCAA bid, and 25 that usually play the second weekend of the NCAAs. And finally maybe 15 that have a realistic chance at a FF. And they probably know someone on most of those teams if they are at that level as a player through HS, AAU, AA teams, and USA basketball trials or college play.

And they have a much more sophisticated understanding of WCBB - the rose tinted glasses of their first recruitment have definitely been removed!

She's definitely one of the few left that I am interested in for that 15th spot if she becomes available!

the thing that sticks out with me is that she always wanted to be a LV the ONLY reason she wasn’t is because her aunt got the LSU job! She ended up getting an offer from the LVs also. I don’t know if that is still her dream but she would be a dog at the PG spot.

Would be a start if Pointer was in the portal which she is not. Not sure she is playing another season we could definitely use her on the team.

VN Store

Back