Confirmed: Samantha Williams to Tennessee

We will see and it starts now with the class of 2022 and if her skills are what you say they are then she must bring in 6-3 Janiah Barker and 6-3 Ashlyn Watkins nothing less, If UConn and SC and UNC, Stanford can stack the deck then TN should be able to. Just found out she took this position because she was offered more money than she was making as a head coach.
Wasn't Lacy Goldwire Making like 246,000 per year. This would be a huge raise for her and it seems she has known Kellie Since the '90s? This is a win-win for both Coach Sam and the Lady Vol program.

We will see and it starts now with the class of 2022 and if her skills are what you say they are then she must bring in 6-3 Janiah Barker and 6-3 Ashlyn Watkins nothing less, If UConn and SC and UNC, Stanford can stack the deck then TN should be able to. Just found out she took this position because she was offered more money then she was making as a head coach.

I agree we need top talent but setting up a person who just got the job two days ago to get two of the top targets in the nation is a bit much to determine it a bust if she does not get those two. Isn’t taking a job because you make more money usually a reason someone takes a job?

I am trying to understand where you are going with this post...

I agree we need top talent but setting up a person who just got the job two days ago to get two of the top targets in the nation is a bit much to determine it a bust if she does not get those two. Isn’t taking a job because you make more money usually a reason someone takes a job?

Agree. Plus, USC Gamecocks fan mentioned Barker’s top 5 schools, source from Barker’s AAU connection, which didn’t include TN. Not sure how accurate but if true, Coach Sam shouldn’t be penalized for losing Barker.

Wasn't Lacy Goldwire Making like 246,000 per year. This would be a huge raise for her and it seems she has known Kellie Since the '90s? This is a win-win for both Coach Sam and the Lady Vol program.

Her base salary is listed as $208K in the UTK salary database.

Reactions: Rickster
Agree. Plus, USC Gamecocks fan mentioned Barker’s top 5 schools, source from Barker’s AAU connection, which didn’t include TN. Not sure how accurate but if true, Coach Sam shouldn’t be penalized for losing Barker.

Did they say what her top 5 were?

Don bring that fake crap in here. " there are some players who don't like the hire". Those players may be u.. or fake fans.

Pretty sure that Border was talking about forum posters here, not players.

Just a misunderstanding. I believe you're actually both in agreement.

(FWIW, not aware of any players, current or otherwise, who post here).

Last edited:
Reactions: mlindsay
She should double that salary easily at Tennessee. Goldwire was at 220 and Sullivan 200 with Jon taking the low pay at 140. I figure he might be getting a raise out of the deal as well. I expect the final assistant will come in at around 140.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Ok let me be clear i`m sure she will be making more at TN then she was at EKU, Now about but setting up a person who just got the job two days ago to get two of the top targets in the nation as you say. Yes why not they are the two names i put out there are undecided. I`m not attacking her and she do deserve a chance to prove she can get the job done.

VN Store

Back