The Official #3 Tennessee vs #2 Vandy Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 4PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

Defense was bad tonight.
Offensively we battled, just didn’t hit it where they weren’t. All SEC teams will take 8ks against Rocker in 7 innings. Rocker didn’t dominate our hitters especially considering he had 12ks in 6 innings multiple times this year.
If we only strike out 8 times against Leiter in 7 innings, we have a chance.
You win no games that you score no runs. Rocker got some help behind the plate tonight. Terrible calls.

Max strikes out 3 times, Rucker also 3 times, and Gilbert is 0 for his last 20. Damn.

Gilbert destroyed the ball his last AB against Rocker. Was an out but that ball was crushed and that is why Kivett was high 5n him when he came back to the dugout. Maybe that gets him going tomorrow.

Sounds like a very bad night for the basevols. Glad I missed it. Get 'em tomorrow....I hope.

You win no games that you score no runs. Rocker got some help behind the plate tonight. Terrible calls.

Agree. Offensively, I look at hard hit balls and Ks. Both teams were close but defensively we were terrible tonight. Just like the umpire. Said it already but no one in college baseball gets these calls except Kumar Rocker. You take away the 2 horrible Ks given to us by the umpire and we only have 6 against Rocker. That is great for 7 innings against him.
1618623713822.jpeg

If you still up for baseball Gators and Mizz just getting started after delay...Auburn trying to blow another close game in 9th

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Agree. Offensively, I look at hard hit balls and Ks. Both teams were close but defensively we were terrible tonight. Just like the umpire. Said it already but no one in college baseball gets these calls except Kumar Rocker. You take away the 2 horrible Ks given to us by the umpire and we only have 6 against Rocker. That is great for 7 innings against him.
View attachment 362842
Just ridiculous.

C’mon people, who in our line up is gonna force a guy like Rocker to sweat at all? It’s not some new thing. The lights were just too bright tonight, couldn’t put anything into play.

I hate Greg Maddox only cause he widen the strike zone so much. College umpires think they should call game like MLB games in the 90s. NCAA deaden the bats, they should make pitchers throw the damn ball over the plate. Making pitchers pitch to contact speeds up the game.

View attachment 362842

That was a horrible call, but college umps have been calling that crap for 30 years. It's bad.

I will disagree on that one , how do you not start a player that saved a game for you in Alabama with a catch and hit 400 last week against Florida just last week. Just my thought .

Probably because Alabama didn’t have Rocker and Vandy does. He went with a lefty with speed maybe because he felt it would be close and Booker may have to lay down a bunt. Just speculation, but makes sense if you are thinking you may have to scratch a run or two.

Russell will get the start and he can prove Vitello wrong with a strong performance tomorrow against Leiter. I hope he does. Just hate to see people jumping on and off the band wagon, praising the coach one week and questioning him the next. No one questioned Corbin when Georgia kicked their ass in Nashville last weekend.

That was a horrible call, but college umps have been calling that crap for 30 years. It's bad.

No they haven’t. Sure they give 3-5 inches every now and then if a pitcher is spotting it. They never give 2 ft. The catcher’s entire mitt is in the other batter’s box. It’s all over Twitter and this guy made a damn fool of himself.

VN Store

Back