Confirmed: Samantha Williams to Tennessee

Or shows you how much these lower level schools pay. In some cases it's better to paid as the Asst. Coach in P5 than HC in lower level D1.
I understand the difference in pay (I was surprised by how low it was though).
But when you want to advance in a career sometimes you take a step back in pay to gain that experience. Hope it’s true and she is excited about being a part of the Lady Vol family!

Would you like to be the one that tells me Kellie Harper has garnered an elite top 15 recruit? I am in every game thread win or lose and give both positive and negative comments. Not only women's basketball but even the softball, volleyball, and soccer threads. Not to mention the football, men's basketball, and baseball threads. I watch even the track and swimming and diving when actually on TV. Do I deserve an award, a cookie, or a donut? Nope I choose to do so and will likely always do so as a fan and UT graduate. I have sat in watching UT practices on my own time because I truly love the school. No team will stay elite without elite recruits. Something even Pat Summitt's dad stated once before. Until Kellie lands someone elite she deserves criticism. I do think Justine Pissot is one of those recruits, but she also is still in high school. Kellie presently doesn't or hasn't had one step foot on the Summitt. Could one the 4 freshmen surprise, sure. I hope they do, truly. But of this moment Kellie hasn't yet. I at least understand that one criticism of her. And IMO it's fair to ask that on a message board without an eye roll. You're more than welcome to name an elite top 15 recruit she has gotten to commit to UT. Again that's one criticism of Kellie. Kellie has numerous postives so far and did great this past season I won't deny that fact. Even was surprised how well considering the injuries this past season. Strictly speaking, she hasn't garnered an elite recruit yet. Even on the men's side Barnes got the same heat the first few seasons at UT. He definitely has changed that the past 2 seasons, will Kellie? I hope she does, but on paper she hasn't. Her next class is crucial, and I will jump for joy if she does land some elite recruit or 2. I want nothing more as a fan.
Calm down Mister Wilson.
My response was about Darth and his evil machinations.
Funny how you listed your UT bona fides and though you admit you don’t deserve a cookie you use them to add weight to you status as a Vol Fan....I guess. Lots of folks on here who can out Vol you though. Also A lot of fans on here who never set foot in a classroom on the hill who are true Lady Vol fans and students of the game. They also don’t whine on here everyday because the coach they preferred was not hired. They also don’t crap all over a really good incoming class because they feel entitled to declare failure because it didn’t have what they consider an “elite” recruit.
You and Darth deserve each other.

Calm down Mister Wilson.
Funny how you listed your UT bona fides and though you admit you don’t deserve a cookie you use them to add weight to you status as a Vol Fan....I guess. Lots of folks on here who can out Vol you though. Also A lot of fans on here who never set foot in a classroom on the hill who are true Lady Vol fans and students of the game. They also don’t whine on here everyday because the coach they preferred was not hired. They also don’t crap all over a really good incoming class because they feel entitled to declare failure because it didn’t have what they consider an “elite” recruit.

Darth_VolBalls33

Nah, Darth is still in "class?" of his own
Party on Darth.png

I understand the difference in pay (I was surprised by how low it was though).
But when you want to advance in a career sometimes you take a step back in pay to gain that experience. Hope it’s true and she is excited about being a part of the Lady Vol family!

Look at Megan Smith, 1 year HC for Belmont softball. Comes back to be a pitching coach at TN. Different circumstance but shows gap, had she been paid well she’s not here.

Reactions: Lucy and Border Vol
Calm down Mister Wilson.
I didn't say the incoming class was bad coming in, just IMO won't get UT back to a final 4. I simply said there wasn't someone elite to stay with the elite teams in women's basketball. And again 1 or more could surprise, chances aren't likely though. There is always going to be someone in life who can out do you in something, so sure others can out Vol myself. I doubt many DVR every football, men and women's basketball games though. And those that do, likely would get along with in real life. I am well aware of the fact of those that never went to UT can be and are true Lady Vols fans. My grandparents(and parents)never did, and were(and are) die hard Lady Vols basketball fans.

Reactions: lfvol and Darth_Vol
Wonder if the impact to recruiting will occur immediately?

Will probably see the benefits in the '23 class as she wasn't recruiting the same caliber players at EKU as she was before in Louisville. The '22 class is probably too hard to crack this late in the game, but seems like she's rolling up her sleeves and getting to work on the '23s.

Will probably see the benefits in the '23 class as she wasn't recruiting the same caliber players at EKU as she was before in Louisville. The '22 class is probably too hard to crack this late in the game, but seems like she's rolling up her sleeves and getting to work on the '23s.

Don’t be so sure about 2022s.

VN Store

Back