Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he didn’t do just that either says he’s not too smart or just doesn’t care. I’m going with the latter because I’m sure he’s been told that numerous times as a qb. He lives in a bubble now and most kids in his position understand that.
There were quite a few here that put him in the running to be the starter this year. Can you imagine if he did start and balled out. Kid could've already started planning his NFL career hahah
I may be wrong but I have to believe someone on staff told him even before the incident. Watch what you do and say on social media and in front of the cameras. What you say and do will be used against you if it comes out wrong.

I guess at this point it depends on how JH feels about the situation. Kid is young and young people do stupid things. I didn't see the video but can only go by what was said here.
I don't really think he meant come thug with me to do thuggish things but more like ghetto slang to come ball out with me. Shouldn't have said the n word ending in a even though a lot of rappers use it all the time... Again QB is the face of the team. I know we don't like Bama here but Jalen Hurts showed true leadership, got benched in the biggest college game and lost his starting job the next season, didn't whine, came in when asked and did his part. Went to OK and balled out and even after setting a record, said he thought he could do better and needed work. That's the kind of leadership we need.
I think at this point. JH has told him. One more thing no matter how small and you're done here.

So you would not turn off the TV if Salter wins the job at some point in time while Maurer is here? Just a hypothetical.
He’s not going to mature over night. So if he’s allowed back I’m going to assume it’s just BS. No accountability = no lessons learned

Sounds like UNDER reacting
No...what I said. I’m local and I caught most of his after game pressers if they were available. The only ones that had issue were rival fans. He’s a confident kid and a product of his generation. Parsing his social media and hunting for content will bear fruit if your agenda is in need.

He’s not going to mature over night. So if he’s allowed back I’m going to assume it’s just BS. No accountability = no lessons learned
I didn’t ask for odds if Salter was going to mature and become a starter over BM and everyone else. It was “if” he did become the starter would you support him as the Qb of the Vols. Your previous post indicated you would not.

Course you would. Life lessons wasted on the wrong horse.

Reactions: 99Vol
I didn’t ask for odds if Salter was going to mature and become a starter over BM and everyone else. It was “if” he did become the starter would you support him as the Qb of the Vols. Your previous post indicated you would not.
If anyone would recognize bs, it would be it’s GOAT spreader.

It was pretty straightforward. Resume moral crusade with a directed outcome. Maurer wins the starting job, it’ll be because of what HE shows Heupel and the other coaches...not what you not so subtly spin on a message board about him and against the other candidates. I’m not LOST you carpetbagging POS...I’ve BEEN HERE before you invited yourself to be a lifetime fan. Salter hasn’t done himself any favors and it’s put him in a bad position. But he’s not irredeemable because you deem it so. So change that channel b****! If I’m snarky it’s because it’s required to slice through the muck you butt sneeze out whenever you see an opportunity.
napalm.gif

Seriously?... Come on....
Does it really mean anything with his screenname behind it? He “wants the best for this program”. We’ll see if that gets tested. I could see Maurer being every bit as good as he sells...just don’t buy his unconditional love for the program two years in.

Does it really mean anything with his screenname behind it? He “wants the best for this program”. We’ll see if that gets tested. I could see Maurer being every bit as good as he sells...just don’t buy his unconditional love for the program two years in.
I don't really hold an opinion one way or the other with him. There are far worse posters on here. He's tied to Brian, I get it, but the "I'm going to turn the TV off if Salter plays" comment was just.... well.... 🤣😂 Really?

I don't really hold an opinion one way or the other with him. There are far worse posters on here. He's tied to Brian, I get it, but the "I'm going to turn the TV off if Salter plays" comment was just.... well.... 🤣😂 Really?
I’m not about grading him as a poster and all the psychobabble he and his new flock squawk about whenever an attack on him is being perceived...that’s their jam. I take the snake oil he’s peddling as a personal affront and feel it insults people I actually respect when said oil is being splashed around. Brian had a rough two year stretch on social media and I kept the game on when Pruitt trotted him out for QB sneaks. I’m not petitioning for canonization.

I’m not about grading him as a poster and all the psychobabble he and his new flock squawk about whenever an attack on him is being perceived...that’s their jam. I take the snake oil he’s peddling as a personal affront and feel it insults people I actually respect when said oil is being splashed around. Brian had a rough two year stretch on social media and I kept the game on when Pruitt trotted him out for QB sneaks. I’m not petitioning for canonization.
I don't think your's and my thoughts differ much at all on this, merely our approach. I tried a couple of times to get him to "slow his roll", to no avail. So I gave that up.. Didn't mean to come across as picking on you. Hell, I love ya brother and I don't give a sh!t what anyone says, I like your brutal honesty...

As far as Brian goes, I hope he's getting the right blend of hard coaching (tuff luv) and encouragement he needs to reach his potential. I do think he would be really fun to watch if he gets there...

Reactions: butchna
I don't think your's and my thoughts differ much at all on this, merely our approach. I tried a couple of times to get him to "slow his roll", to no avail. So I gave that up.. Didn't mean to come across as picking on you. Hell, I love ya brother and I don't give a sh!t what anyone says, I like your brutal honesty...

As far as Brian goes, I hope he's getting the right blend of hard coaching (tuff luv) and encouragement he needs to reach his potential. I do think he would be really fun to watch if he gets there...
A lot to be excited about if he’s the guy...groan worthy baggage notwithstanding.

Seriously?... Come on....
Seriously? No. If I didn’t turn it off with JG I wouldn’t with Salter. I guess right now that’s just the extent of my displeasure with his lack of understanding of how far he’s come. Do I think he shouldn’t be here? Yes. I feel the bridge was burning when he got suspended. I feel he poured gas on the flames with the birthday thing and I feel he exploded any chance he MAY have still had with “come thug with me”.

And just for the record I feel I have “slowed my roll”. I feel this is FINALLY a fair competition and as a result I give credit where it’s due. I may call out Austin Price because he was the one lying in his reports and seems that hasn’t changed. But I still have rivals on this board that seek ME out if they happen to disagree with my stances or just to get things going because it amuses THEM. @ABINGDON VOL FAN and I don’t see eye to eye but we were having an adult conversation. Why did Butchna feel the need to intervene and heat things up? There’s no need for it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back