UT Basketball lands Aidoo

Alexander 100 percent started over Fulk, because he was a better player then. KA graduated and left, Fulk improved..and killed it the first year he started. Which is why you can’t average out the last 4 years of his numbers and go “yepppp that’s all he’s worth”. Are you serious or just trolling for fun?
That's how averages work.

That's how averages work.
Ohhhh got it. So by your standard, if Pons left after last season (when he was DPOY), he was a player who averaged less than a block a game and 4 points a game. See how that doesn’t work?
Players improve, and if you want to pretend like you know more than the coaches who voted for him to be second team All SEC..by all means

Let me dumb this down for you. In 132 career games Fulky averages 6pts/4boards a game....for his ***cing career.

Let me help you understand your dumbed down stats. Fulkerson was still recovering from a severe arm injury in his second freshman year and was also behind other players until his junior year. His junior year... the one when he was All-SEC. You’re also averaging in the year when he was recovering from COVID, mid-season dental surgery, and other injuries while SEC officials were allowing opponents to beat the crap out of him.

Watch Aidoo’s film. He won’t be ready to do much next season. Needs to gain weight and strength. SEC upperclassmen will push him around until then. Pump the breaks a little on the hype train. He’s a nice pick-up but a longer term project. BHH will help more immediately if we are lucky enough to land him.

I don't think he's a project at all. He's probably the best 5 we've landed in years and years. There's a reason he jumped 70 spots into the top 35 in Rivals rankings. He may not be done moving up yet. He was a dominating player vs high level competition. His team played teams from multiple states and he faced something like 7 different big men with P5 offers this season and another 7 footer from Texas who is only a sophomore. He averaged 17/11 vs those guys. He has a post game, a hook shot and can shoot the three, rebounds like you want to see a 7 footer rebound and he blocks shots, plus he can handle the ball. He doesn't have some awkward shot that needs correcting either. With our abysmal situation at the 5 I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get 15+ minutes a game next year and he should be making nice contributions especially late in the year.

Reactions: The Dog and Vol49er
Let me help you understand your dumbed down stats. Fulkerson was still recovering from a severe arm injury in his second freshman year and was also behind other players until his junior year. His junior year... the one when he was All-SEC. You’re also averaging in the year when he was recovering from COVID, mid-season dental surgery, and other injuries while SEC officials were allowing opponents to beat the crap out of him.
Got it. He was outplayed or hurt four out of the five years he's been in the program.

Aidoo's physique reminds me of what Giannis Antetokounmpo looked like when he was drafted. Let's see what the guy who changed Grant and Admiral can do with him bodywise.

Last edited:
I don't think he's a project at all. He's probably the best 5 we've landed in years and years. There's a reason he jumped 70 spots into the top 35 in Rivals rankings. He may not be done moving up yet. He was a dominating player vs high level competition. His team played teams from multiple states and he faced something like 7 different big men with P5 offers this season and another 7 footer from Texas who is only a sophomore. He averaged 17/11 vs those guys. He has a post game, a hook shot and can shoot the three, rebounds like you want to see a 7 footer rebound and he blocks shots, plus he can handle the ball. He doesn't have some awkward shot that needs correcting either. With our abysmal situation at the 5 I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get 15+ minutes a game next year and he should be making nice contributions especially late in the year.
I certainly hope I’m wrong. Maybe I was watching older film? Fingers crossed.

Watch Aidoo’s film. He won’t be ready to do much next season. Needs to gain weight and strength. SEC upperclassmen will push him around until then. Pump the breaks a little on the hype train. He’s a nice pick-up but a longer term project. BHH will help more immediately if we are lucky enough to land him.
After seeing his tape, I think he has some skills that we can use next season. He's not going to be the "physical" presence down low that I think we all want to have, but he has length and is agile. Seems to have a little bit of touch from the outside. If Barnes doesn't try to force a square peg in a round hole, I think he can give us some minutes and maybe score and rebound a little. Didn't see a lot of rim protecting in the video I watched so I don't think he's going to make us forget Pons in that regard, but maybe that's not "highlight" tape material? I didn't pull up his stats so I really don't know if he's a rebounder/shot blocker type, but the game is really outside now so I don't know if that's a real concern for next year. Kid has skills. If he blossoms in the weight room and develops a little bit of a nasty streak, he's got a bright future here.

Really impressed with how he can use both hands. He's right handed, but actually shoots it left handed pretty consistently at times around the paint.

Reactions: The Dog
Really impressed with how he can use both hands. He's right handed, but actually shoots it left handed pretty consistently at times around the paint.
Listened to an interview with his coach and he raved about his hands and ability to finish with both hands, said he catches everything...that’s rare on younger big guys.

Got it. He was outplayed or hurt four out of the five years he's been in the program.

It must be hard for you to understand that his elbow was dislocated and his wrist was smashed. It wasn’t a boo-boo. It’s the type of injury that ends careers. You think that he should have returned from that and taken playing time away from Kyle Alexander, Grant Williams, and Admiral Schofield? He did return and earn all-SEC honors. Got it?

It must be hard for you to understand that his elbow was dislocated and his wrist was smashed. It wasn’t a boo-boo. It’s the type of injury that ends careers. You think that he should have returned from that and taken playing time away from Kyle Alexander, Grant Williams, and Admiral Schofield? He did return and earn all-SEC honors. Got it?
So he was hurt or outplayed four out of the five years He was here. Got it.

So he was hurt or outplayed four out of the five years He was here. Got it.

And your issue is we are talking about his impact next year and you refuse to see the situation for what it would be. Could he get injured again and be ineffective? Absolutely, as you pointed out, he has a history of injury. But when he is healthy we have seen what he is capable of and you simply refuse to acknowledge it. When that is brought up you keep bringing back up his "4 year averages" which is completely pointless to the conversation. The only reason to continuously bring that up is that is fits the narrative that you are trying to hang onto. When injured he is not much better than ORN. But when healthy the two players are in completely different stratospheres. How is that difficult to comprehend?

You just refuse to accept that the junior year Fulky is what he’s capable of when healthy and that he wasn’t healthy last season.

Or maybe he overperformed? I agree he wasn’t himself last year but can understand the argument that his junior was an outlier.

(BTW I still want Fulky over ORN but I think the board overrated Fulky some)

Why over complicate it. He's a solid role player with great intangibles who can't stay healthy that had one good year. Stop being a fan boy.

Can’t stay healthy? Smashing his arm into multiple pieces, having to cut out wisdom teeth in the middle of a season, and being infected with a virus during a pandemic is your definition of “can’t stay healthy”? You also define earning all-SEC honors as “one good year”? Stop making idiotic posts. Better yet, just stop posting since you aren’t able to understand how foolish you look.

And your issue is we are talking about his impact next year and you refuse to see the situation for what it would be. Could he get injured again and be ineffective? Absolutely, as you pointed out, he has a history of injury. But when he is healthy we have seen what he is capable of and you simply refuse to acknowledge it. When that is brought up you keep bringing back up his "4 year averages" which is completely pointless to the conversation. The only reason to continuously bring that up is that is fits the narrative that you are trying to hang onto. When injured he is not much better than ORN. But when healthy the two players are in completely different stratospheres. How is that difficult to comprehend?
My issue is statically speaking they are similar per their 30 min usage. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this. Of course history is relevant. When healthy, which he seldom is, Fulky is a good player. How do you discount four years and put more weight on his one healthy season and say that's who he is ?! That doesn't make any sense.

VN Store

Back