Tennessee Not On Many Top Players Considerations

Spot on Rickster. To those who need to understand CKH‘s heart and willingness to work, need to pull out their copy of Coach Summitt’s book “Raise the Roof“ and read the chapter on her point guard, Kellie Jolly. It speaks volumes about her character and what her coach thought of her.

What did the book say about Holly, who Pat hand-picked to succeed her?

I can't recall anyone here ever questioning Kellie's character...

Reactions: vettefool

Would you gladly argue with a fence post? I didn’t say her character was questioned, per se’. Maybe just go read the chapter. Coach Summitt actually shared her thoughts about their similarities. She was impressed with her work ethic and a sense of commitment that always went the extra mile. That is character.

Last edited:

certainly not you:

Holly, I mean Kellie, is absolutely useless...

It's truly astonishing how much Kellie sucks at recruiting...

Kellie absolutely sucks at recruiting. Now there's enough body of evidence to show she sucks at coaching her team up in the postseason too. Unfortunately she has that in common with our men's coach.

Enjoy it LV fans, this is the ceiling of the program under Kellie...

These days I'm not sure Kellie could land a 2 legged dog...

Per Google:
"Your character is your personality, especially how reliable and honest you are....

Would you gladly argue with a fence post? I didn’t say her character was questioned, per se’. Maybe just go read the chapter. Coach Summitt actually shared her thoughts about their similarities. She was impressed with her work ethic and a sense of commitment that always went the extra mile. That is character.

Again, that's great. That character didn't help her at NC State. It's not helping her recruit now...

It is stupid to bad mouth a coach when they really have not had a chance to rebuild a program which was headed Deep South of no return. It took a while to make a mess of the LV program and it is going to take more than two years to build it back into a top ten program. It is quite premature to decide that KJH is incapable of becoming a successful Power 5 coach.

NC State was a political nightmare for Kellie. Nothing positive is going to happen when the administration is not going to support you and, in this case, work against your every move. At that time in NC State history, no coach was going to be successful.

NC State was a political nightmare for Kellie. Nothing positive is going to happen when the administration is not going to support you and, in this case, work against your every move. At that time in NC State history, no coach was going to be successful.

You are exactly right. When NC State's AD declined to respect Kay Yow's wish that her replacement be her longtime associate head coach, North Carolina native and friend Stephanie Glance, and instead hired a young coach who had zero ties to NCSt in Kellie Harper, many longtime boosters and people close to the program were deeply upset and made Harper persona non grata. When most young coaches come into a new job, they are surrounded by people who want them to succeed and make them feel so welcome that it helps reduce the stresses of having a new job. Kellie received the opposite treatment. It didn't even help that Pat gave Glance a job after Stephanie felt she had to leave NCST, either. I felt so bad for Kellie.

certainly not you:

Per Google:
"Your character is your personality, especially how reliable and honest you are....

In other words, you couldn't find any evidence that he impugned her character rather than her performance.

And then you posted the evidence of your failure.

It is a good thing you are a coach and not a lawyer.

certainly not you:

Per Google:
Bingo, Coach.

are these the same people who thought Holly hung the moon because she was a good Lady Vol player who Coach Summit liked.
gosh I really hope Kellie is super successful here, but let’s face it so far it’s been average for lady Vols. Maybe recruiting has been subpar for some reason we are unaware of, but it has to at least get into the top 15 nationally. Yep there are a few outliers but it doesn’t last long if you do not recruit successfully.
maybe hire an assistant coach who is a great recruiter and send her husband home.

are these the same people who thought Holly hung the moon because she was a good Lady Vol player who Coach Summit liked.
gosh I really hope Kellie is super successful here, but let’s face it so far it’s been average for lady Vols. Maybe recruiting has been subpar for some reason we are unaware of, but it has to at least get into the top 15 nationally. Yep there are a few outliers but it doesn’t last long if you do not recruit successfully.
maybe hire an assistant coach who is a great recruiter and send her husband home.
You don't follow the Lady Vols very closely, do you?

She may well be successful here. But, I’m not sure how anyone could claim KJH’s resume includes a successful P5 stint. She was fired after four years at NCSt. Did not make the tournament the last three years. Was 16-32 in conference. Hard to classify that a success.

She's 19-10 in SEC, and 38-18 overall, a 70% win rate, at UT, a P5 school. That came after taking over in a program mired in mediocrity and roster depletion. As for the tourney, she made the Sweet Sixteen at her last stop just before coming to UT. So in her last three years, she's made the tourney both years it was held, and went to a Sweet Sixteen. Not bad at all, in fact it's pretty good all things considered.

She was a head coach in her early thirties at NCSt. She paid her dues there. She's in her early fourties now. People grow and get better at their jobs. Her winning at UT suggests she is indeed growing. Her past three years of performance say she deserves support from UT fans.

In other words, you couldn't find any evidence that he impugned her character rather than her performance.

so you consider Darth writing:
"Holly, I mean Kellie, is absolutely useless..."
Comparing Coach K to a coach who was a failure and calling her useless,,,an attack on performance
alone...

When is the trial, Matlock?

200.gif

Yes was thinking of that a bit ago.... hasnt won in 5 years.... and hey Dawn, Ms Bigpants.... hasn't won in 4 yrs

Reactions: Darth_Vol

I don't even see his posts anymore, but comprehension was never a strength.

However, if you need a selfie with an underage teen...

I think Kellie can develop a TEAM. With some decent pieces she’ll put together a couple good seasons that turn some heads... THEN we will see the recruiting take an upturn in the right direction. I WANT KELLIE TO BE SUCESSFUL, and with time and patience I think she will be in droves.

VN Store

Back