Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember not having cable TV. But, each year Dad would get a VHS from SI for renewing. He had highlight videos for Tyson, Ali, and Sugar Ray. Man, talk about classic. Ray-Hearns, Liston-Ali, and all those great fights! Recall going to Friday Night Fights at BMS back in day. Never boxed, always wanted too. Such an art form.
Hagler-Hearns

RIP

Remember not having cable TV. But, each year Dad would get a VHS from SI for renewing. He had highlight videos for Tyson, Ali, and Sugar Ray. Man, talk about classic. Ray-Hearns, Liston-Ali, and all those great fights! Recall going to Friday Night Fights at BMS back in day. Never boxed, always wanted too. Such an art form.
I did a little in college (just some fraternity stuff , not “real”), and it was an absolutely incredible experience!! You hurt in places you never knew existed!

Your starting 5 would be ass.

PG: Lebron
SG: Jordan
SF: Kobe
PF: Durant/Bird
C: Shaq

That’s the answer.
Love Shaq, but I'd play Wilt before Shaq.. Wilt was 7'1" and was a FREAK athlete..

"As a Kansas track and field athlete, Wilt ran a sub-eleven second 100m, a forty-nine second 400m in “baggy sweats”, and a 1:58.3 second 800m. All while being a 7’1” Goliath of a man." "threw the shot put 56 feet"

Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest ATHLETE of all time, and it’s not even close.

I did a little in college (just some fraternity stuff , not “real”), and it was an absolutely incredible experience!! You hurt in places you never knew existed!
remember a dude at gym at ETSU would sit there on speed bag for hours. always drove me nuts. Id come in at 6, then again at 2 or 3 on heavy days. And he'd always be there 'fuddudufuddudah' 🤦🏼‍♂️

I remember trying it one day. Nope. Not this guy.

@BruinVol

A few days ago you posted links to our previous coaches talking about changing the culture of our football team when they first take the job here. I assumed that you were implying same-old, same-old, BS coach-speak and you seemed a bit derisive toward that. jmo.

I got to thinking about it because you’re right in that we do hear that sort of talk with pretty much every new guy. I’d even think that you would hear that sort of talk with any new coach anywhere where the new guy was coming in because the previous guy failed. jmo.

I think it might make more sense to you if you substituted the word attitude for culture. Culture is more comprehensive and sounds maybe a bit more sophisticated but at the heart of the challenge is the immediate need to change the prevailing attitude that exists within the roster. jmo.

When a coach or staff “loses” a football team the prevailing attitude of many of the players becomes one of “don’t care”. They’re no longer preparing or playing with maximum effort. They don’t start out that way but at some point they lose faith in their coaches, lose their motivation, and essentially just give up. At that point the best you can hope for is that they will show up. They’re not going to do much but at least maybe they’ll show up. jmo.

This can and does happen within any organization with failed leadership. It’s easy to put the responsibility on the players/workers but that’s not why leadership in any organization takes home the largest paychecks. Things don’t work the way they do because we want them to work a certain way; things work the way they do because that’s the way things work. There is cause and effect. jmo.

So there are two things that a new coach must do upon taking over a situation such as ours and they are interrelated. He has to get the guys to change their attitude and he has to get “buy-in” for his vision of what the team can do. jmo.

Culture or attitudes in an organization are not static. In order to establish a winning culture you must demonstrate competent and effective leadership towards a realistic and achievable vision or objective. In order to sustain that culture you must deliver on your promises to the team/organization. There must be winning. If not, then it’s time for the next guy to come on board and start the process all over again.

Think about this. When Josh Heupel took over for Scott Frost at UCF the year after the Knights went 13-0 and won a “national championship”, do you think he was talking about changing the culture in the early days of his tenure there?
Well said.
1618191424186.gif

Acuña is the best player in baseball
I took Acuna to have over 1.5 hits, a HR, a HR with a win and Harper with a HR and a win, plus Freeman or JTR with a boost for a HR. So in other words, no matter who wins this game I will win approx. $500 net. But yeah, Acuna is a beast, Braves may have back to back MVPs, but their pitching still sucks

And as far as uncharted territory: Is CJH also not in uncharted territory taking over a program in late January (having to rebuild all recruiting relationships) while under an UNPRECEDENTED year long dead period?

So, here’s the other side of the coin: CJH is rebuilding relationships with prospects he’s likely never met expect on a Zoom call. Do you think he’d also like to see some of these kids before making them the bedrock foundation to his program and for the success of his name going forward? Just food for thought.

Status quo in here during recruiting. Complain we don't have recruits in April with a staff that has been together for what 2 months as a whole staff? And your right if we start getting 3* commitments then they complain more. Why we can't just relax until who we see sign in DECEMBER and then complain as they will. Complain, complain, complain.

Status quo in here during recruiting. Complain we don't have recruits in April with a staff that has been together for what 2 months as a whole staff? And your right if we start getting 3* commitments then they complain more. Why we can't just relax until who we see sign in DECEMBER and then complain as they will. Complain, complain, complain.
I say leave all the spots open and when we out perform expectations, open the flood gates!

Btw, if you’d like something to make you smile, think about this. Our diamond vols have whipped the sh!t out of Georgia, Alabama, LSU and Florida. Get out and support these guys. Dey good!

Did you ever think in any sport at all that our games against Vanderbilt will be the most important of the season? That we took it to uga, bama, LSU and the gators and still Vandy is bigger? Holy Moly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back