Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
what, like Yoga goat? mascot goat? goat farmer? cause I know you dont mean basketball goat.

Jordan has been a humble bragger in past. No serious minded person would argue who goat bball is. Here's the question?

Do kids in Timbuktu recognize Larry Bird's silhouette 30 years later?
I wanted to break the LeBron Jordan argument because there isn’t one. Actually, I’m not a fan of the GOAT conversation because I don’t think it’s possible to name one. I believe more in a 8 headed Mt Rushmore (3 off the bench).

Yes, Jordan is more internationally recognizable, but that’s because Larry and Magic took an almost dead league and built the beginning of a juggernaut which became more of an international game (especially after ‘92) and Jordan reaped all the benefits, which he deserved. But I challenge anyone to go back and watch film and tell me he wasn’t top shelf special. There’s a reason why greats like Jabbar, Worthy, etc say he was the toughest player they ever had to guard.

Reactions: hooter vol
I wanted to break the LeBron Jordan argument because there isn’t one. Actually, I’m not a fan of the GOAT conversation because I don’t think it’s possible to name one. I believe more in a 8 headed Mt Rushmore (3 off the bench).

Yes, Jordan is more internationally recognizable, but that’s because Larry and Magic took an almost dead league and built the beginning of a juggernaut which became more of an international game (especially after ‘92) and Jordan reaped all the benefits, which he deserved. But I challenge anyone to go back and watch film and tell me he wasn’t top shelf special. There’s a reason why greats like Jabbar, Worthy, etc say he was the toughest player they ever had to guard.
ahh, its widely recognized. he's the goat.

Chamberlain, Alcinder, Magic, Bird, Lebron are in the conversation for sure.

It is what it is. I dont buy into these generational arguments or league was down. Its all relative. Ted Williams played in a pitchers league, no gloves, people smoked during games. Tore it up. Pete Rose, yes Pete Rose. Mickey Mantle.

Reactions: UTMVol76
ahh, its widely recognized. he's the goat.

Chamberlain, Alcinder, Magic, Bird, Lebron are in the conversation for sure.

It is what it is. I dont buy into these generational arguments or league was down. Its all relative. Ted Williams played in a pitchers league, no gloves, people smoked during games. Tore it up. Pete Rose, yes Pete Rose. Mickey Mantle.
My take on LeBron is if he grew up and played in the 80s and 90s he would have dominated. If you took his soft arse now and put him in a DeLorean to 1985, he’d have a rougher time. Dudes were tougher and rules were different.

Reactions: franklinpence
My take on LeBron is if he grew up and played in the 80s and 90s he would have dominated. If you took his soft arse now and put him in a DeLorean to 1985, he’d have a rougher time. Dudes were tougher and rules were different.
its all relative. kids have 24/7 inundation via ESPN. Camps go year round starting in in 5th grade. High schools have college coaches and nutrition programs. Oak Hill Academy has 8th graders who could START at some HS programs.

To your pt Magic Johnson was a 6'5" gaurd who could shoot anywhere. Literally had every ball skill you could imagine. People played FOR pride, not for money.

This is odd for sure. No coaching experience. Name recognition for recruiting. His son plays at MBA right now.
Wonder what happened there?
I can’t imagine the head coach at Tennessee State or any other FCS school makes a ton of money. So for a guy like Eddie George, the fact that he’s independently wealthy allows him to do something he wants to do vs. chasing a paycheck.

its all relative. kids have 24/7 inundation via ESPN. Camps go year round starting in in 5th grade. High schools have college coaches and nutrition programs. Oak Hill Academy has 8th graders who could START at some HS programs.

To your pt Magic Johnson was a 6'5" gaurd who could shoot anywhere. Literally had every ball skill you could imagine. People played FOR pride, not for money.
Magic was and is 6’8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back